+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The one thing that's really upsetting about the brexit

Re: The one thing that's really upsetting about the brexit

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    To be fair, even if they are 4% out as they were with the official one, then that still tells the same story.
    Polls are useless the same thing happened at the last 2 elections,miles out

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    You are all talking like we are leaving the EU, yesterday was just the beginning, you will now endure a few months of Project fear2 - back with a vengeance, stock up on popcorn.
    LOL yeah the first thing they did was stretch it out a bit, what chance a few (well a lot!) "events" occur before Article 50 is invoked? They have history on this

Behind closed doors, it's quite clear that Boris is shitting his pants. He was using this to chalk up experience and get his face recognised as a contender for leader of the Tories. It's all happened very quickly and he's trying to stall.
    I think the "quiet one" will get it. I'm not sure if Boris needs to get his face out there, I think everybody knows who he is!

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Polls are useless the same thing happened at the last 2 elections,miles out
    What happened to your 8% post?

If it makes you feel better, my 4% calculation is almost certainly wrong...

Oh I see that's the YouGov polls was that the same polls that had Remain to win at 52% to 48% the day before the referendum?

As for paying for the pensions of the old, they've been very thoughtless retiring, I mean whose going to make up the shortfall of the lost Tax and NI contributions that the paid throughout their working lives?
    Talk about selective responding.

Firstly - I admitted that, although they were the figures from YouGov, Yougov were hardly reliable during the referendum nor the general election.

Secondly - I did NOT say that pensioners were thoughtless retiring. What I am saying is that the UK population is ageing and, with a shortage of young "indigenous" people to sustain the taxes to pay the pensions you have to look for immigration to fill the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think the "quiet one" will get it. I'm not sure if Boris needs to get his face out there, I think everybody knows who he is!
    George Harrison?

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    "This is the last '**** you' from the baby boomers. They took the secure corporate and government jobs with the guaranteed pay rises and final salary pension schemes and benefitted from property they bought cheap and sold dear. They burnt the bridges behind them by colluding with the dismantling of the very things that had brought them prosperity. Their last act will be to burn the economy before they die."
    Spot on

Banned

Oh I see that's the YouGov polls was that the same polls that had Remain to win at 52% to 48% the day before the referendum?

As for paying for the pensions of the old, they've been very thoughtless retiring, I mean whose going to make up the shortfall of the lost Tax and NI contributions that the paid throughout their working lives?
    Those same pensioners whose taxes paid for the welfare state that the whining,foot stamping,dummy spitting remainiac ****s were raised in.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Those same pensioners whose taxes paid for the welfare state that the whining,foot stamping,dummy spitting remainiac ****s were raised in.
    Again, I wasn't complaining about pensioners. I was making the point that the UK population is getting older and so the main way to sustain their well-earned pensions is through immigration. The other way to look after our pensioners needs is to raise NI contributions and/or taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    George Harrison?
    Quiet during the referendum. I think she was hedging her bets, waiting to play the unifying card. These scheming people are really calculating and despicable.

Quiet during the referendum. I think she was hedging her bets, waiting to play the unifying card. These scheming people are really calculating and despicable.
    The night of the many long knives

Banned

Again, I wasn't complaining about pensioners. I was making the point that the UK population is getting older and so the main way to sustain their well-earned pensions is through immigration. The other way to look after our pensioners needs is to raise NI contributions and/or taxes.

If only there were unemployed people in this country who could fill these jobs......

If only there were unemployed people in this country who could fill these jobs......
    Probably not the skilled jobs

There are more immigrants working here than there are unemployed people. Many are doing skilled jobs that would take the UK years to train people up for.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    "This is the last '**** you' from the baby boomers. They took the secure corporate and government jobs with the guaranteed pay rises and final salary pension schemes and benefitted from property they bought cheap and sold dear. They burnt the bridges behind them by colluding with the dismantling of the very things that had brought them prosperity. Their last act will be to burn the economy before they die."
    A shame that someone who, rightly, defends his religion on here against mean spirited people who deal in vague and sweeping generalisations should resort to using such soundbite and cliche filled stuff, which only makes him equally guilty when it comes to taking ill informed swipes at another section of society.

I may not have been the most enthusiastic of remain voters, but remain voter I was and I'm now of an age where I can use my senior citizens bus pass if I want to. More importantly, while I think we should have realised by now that political opinion polling should be treated with a fair degree of caution, I find the figures in that poll quite reassuring because remain voters in my age group (50-64) were only four per cent down on the national figure, while the 39% of over 65s who voted remain is two points higher than the number in all age groups which voted for the party whose leader tried to sort out it's mess over Europe by giving us the referendum in the first place in the last general election - in both cases, the remain votes among 50 pluses is higher than I would have predicted it to be beforehand.

Very good opening post in this thread by the way.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 25-06-16 at 10:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That so many of the next generation could have had the opportunity to study, love and work easily in 27 other countries taken away from them mostly by a generation who have had all these benefits available to them

Working abroad is one of the best experiences I've had in my life, learning new languages, meeting new friends and having new experiences that you wouldn't simply by living in the uk.

Also the potential for top jobs to be lost in this country, coming from the valleys I've already seen the effect jobs disappearing can have on a location a lot of places have changed from being vibrant close nit communities to glorified commuter towns.

There's the possibility that things might not change if a decent deal is negotiated by the next PM (are you happy having a far right Tory negotiating with your children's future?).

If you had a good reason for voting for leaving the EU fair enough, although I'm still yet to hear one reason that isn't conjecture, hate filled, conspiracy based or just wanting to return to the chocolate box uk of the persons youth. If you voted leave without having a good reason for it you deserve every bit of anger that comes your way, especially if it's coming from the younger generation who could have just had 1000s of opportunities pulled from under them by one selfish narrow minded vote.
    Chill out man

Banned

There are more immigrants working here than there are unemployed people. Many are doing skilled jobs that would take the UK years to train people up for.

Link?

Link?
    How remiss of me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35594650

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.a...arket-overview

Quite obviously there are more foreign-born people employed in the UK than there are unemployed people in the UK.

Blog Entries

It will be very interesting to see how this works. I know you were saying that even if the UK votes out, they'll stay in. Maybe you didn't say that definitively - but you suggested it I am sure (apologies if not). Did you think it would be Boris who would be hesitating?
    Yes I did suggest it, I just had a feeling it wouldn't be as easy as is sounded, as soon as I heard Cameron say in his speech that we need the full engagement of the Welsh, Scottish and Northern Ireland governments to negotiate our exit alarm bells went off Even though the EU said they want to get us out now asap I think that was just to put people on edge and make them think this really is going to happen, they could drag this out for a long time and create many problems along the way that prove to some people that leaving is not a good idea, I also think they could change the goal posts when it comes to the votes too because people are not happy with the result being so close, a few other things came to mind when I was watching the news last night but I forget what they were now, of course I don't know for sure what will happen but my guess is there will be plenty of fun and games before any exit takes place.

LOL yeah the first thing they did was stretch it out a bit, what chance a few (well a lot!) "events" occur before Article 50 is invoked? They have history on this
    One for each topic do you think Boris will end up having a change of heart?

Yes I did suggest it, I just had a feeling it wouldn't be as easy as is sounded, as soon as I heard Cameron say in his speech that we need the full engagement of the Welsh, Scottish and Northern Ireland governments to negotiate our exit alarm bells went off Even though the EU said they want to get us out now asap I think that was just to put people on edge and make them think this really is going to happen, they could drag this out for a long time and create many problems along the way that prove to some people that leaving is not a good idea, I also think they could change the goal posts when it comes to the votes too because people are not happy with the result being so close, a few other things came to mind when I was watching the news last night but I forget what they were now, of course I don't know for sure what will happen but my guess is there will be plenty of fun and games before any exit takes place.
    Why does everything always have to have a hidden meaning, some kind of fog? Anyone in his position would have said the same. You don't want to be in, then hurry up so everyone left behind can start to sort themselves out. There's going to be huge upheaval, he wants to minimise it.

Richyrich

One for each topic do you think Boris will end up having a change of heart?
    What you posted just over 24 hours ago.

"Seriously I'm not upset about that, I have expected to stay in all along."

I love the mental gymnastics you have to do to keep believing in your NWO narrative.

Blue in the Face

That so many of the next generation could have had the opportunity to study, love and work easily in 27 other countries taken away from them mostly by a generation who have had all these benefits available to them

Working abroad is one of the best experiences I've had in my life, learning new languages, meeting new friends and having new experiences that you wouldn't simply by living in the uk.

Also the potential for top jobs to be lost in this country, coming from the valleys I've already seen the effect jobs disappearing can have on a location a lot of places have changed from being vibrant close nit communities to glorified commuter towns.

There's the possibility that things might not change if a decent deal is negotiated by the next PM (are you happy having a far right Tory negotiating with your children's future?).

If you had a good reason for voting for leaving the EU fair enough, although I'm still yet to hear one reason that isn't conjecture, hate filled, conspiracy based or just wanting to return to the chocolate box uk of the persons youth. If you voted leave without having a good reason for it you deserve every bit of anger that comes your way, especially if it's coming from the younger generation who could have just had 1000s of opportunities pulled from under them by one selfish narrow minded vote.
    Nothing to add to that. Brilliant.

Why does everything always have to have a hidden meaning, some kind of fog? Anyone in his position would have said the same. You don't want to be in, then hurry up so everyone left behind can start to sort themselves out. There's going to be huge upheaval, he wants to minimise it.
    If you study the past you will know what is possible in the future.

If you study the past you will know what is possible in the future.
    Classic Gluey

First Team

I agree with you. There's a first.