Thread: Anyone on here from Ebbw Vale?

Re: Anyone on here from Ebbw Vale?

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Excellent post.
    Agreed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why have a referendum on this though and not any other big decisions the government has to make? It was purely a vote winner that Cameron expected to be vetoed by a coalition government.

None of us (or 90%+) were educated enough on the subject to make an informed decision and we elect others to speak to relevant experts and make informed decisions.

The funniest thing about this is how the conspiracy nuts are doing back flips to make it a conspiracy. Oh we won't get a vote on this, oh umm the vote will be rigged, oh right make sure you take pens because they'll rub out your cross and make sure we remain, they won't actually take us out of the EU.

The only actual conspiracy here is Rupert Murdoch rules this country via his media companies and knows how to get straight to the heart of the electorate via fear mongering over immigration. The man is a **** and has more power over us than ever.
    Once again I didn't mention any conspiracy, to answer your question, I think the public should have more input on other decisions that are made that affect their lives, as I said the other day there should be at least a system that we can give our input on bills going through as there are many that I'm sure people would be dead against if they had known about them, I know quite a few on here signed the petition against the privatisation of the Land registry but should they have to do that? personally I don't think they should.

I can see why you would think that some of my posts are conspiracy related but believe me my core principles have always been the same, I believe in fairness and everyone having a voice, if I don't think something is fair then I will probably have a moan about it, that will never change, conspiracy or no conspiracy. Murdoch is a scum bag, that's something we agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Farage is now out of vote leave and Boris looks like he doesn't want to be in it any more.
    Boris is gutted. Even he thought the electorate wouldn't be this stupid.

Farage is now out of vote leave and Boris looks like he doesn't want to be in it any more.
    Farage and Boris both got what they wanted. By lying. And now Boris is favourite to be the next PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Boris is gutted. Even he thought the electorate wouldn't be this stupid.
    He must have thought that Leave would win. He obviously wanted Cameron to stick around to do the grafting - based on the fact he signed a letter asking Cameron to stay on regardless of the result. Johnson probably thought Cameron would stay on, and he could then claim the top job once everything settled down. He seems to be forced into a political corner.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Correct.
    All the Valley towns Ive been to are shitholes.
    Lovely people raped by the Tories and not given the corect aftercare by labour.
    They were bound to fight back one day
    Turning into lemmings isn't fighting back.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Turning into lemmings isn't fighting back.
    To be honest, they are running out of options. There's a lot of pissed off people in places like Ebbw Vale (both in Wales and England) who rarely get a chance to vent their spleen. They've kicked the wrong beast on this referendum, but I can't say I blame those who voted purely to stick two fingers up at the "establishment".

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    To be honest, they are running out of options. There's a lot of pissed off people in places like Ebbw Vale (both in Wales and England) who rarely get a chance to vent their spleen. They've kicked the wrong beast on this referendum, but I can't say I blame those who voted purely to stick two fingers up at the "establishment".
    There's always been an alternative here.

In which case is was a protest vote against the government, but it still tells the same story about what they want.
    Yes, you protest against a Tory government by voting for some different Tories......