+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boris Johnson speaks

Boris Johnson speaks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36637037

He sounds like a reluctant Brexitter. If the only change, as he says, is that "the UK will extricate itself from the EU's extraordinary and opaque system of legislation: the vast and growing corpus of law enacted by a European Court of Justice from which there can be no appeal." - then there'll be people thinking that they have been duped.

Personally speaking, if the only change was the one highlighted by Boris, and that he had confirmation from the EU that this was possible - I would have voted leave (with the caveat that human rights and employment rights would remain the same or be better than they are currently).

It seems like his position has changed a wee bit.

Re: Boris Johnson speaks

What a load of flip flopping bollocks, I would happily kick him right in the dick if I ever saw him the fat hairless ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What a load of flip flopping bollocks, I would happily kick him right in the dick if I ever saw him the fat hairless ape.
    It does come across as a bit fanciful. Although I'm starting to think they just need to speed things up, I want to stop paying VAT on my gas bill - it may be essential since the UK imports all its gas and the pound is down another 2% today.

I'm confused

Was Boris a trojan horse?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm confused

You're a "Leaver" - would you be happy if that's all you got? No need to get into details (i.e. your reasons for voting out) - just interested if what Boris is saying is what you thought you were voting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You're a "Leaver" - would you be happy if that's all you got? No need to get into details (i.e. your reasons for voting out) - just interested if what Boris is saying is what you thought you were voting for?
    I didn't vote but yeah, I see what you mean. This brings Farage back into the picture, there will be a call for a single issue general election, which the Tories will try to avoid. Meanwhile the press will continue to go nuts with their scare stories.

I'm not really surprised as this was entirely what I predicted.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 26-06-16 at 22:34.

Sounds like he's trying to win favour with everyone ahead of a leadership contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sounds like he's trying to win favour with everyone ahead of a leadership contest.
    It's a lot different to "controlling our own borders" and "deciding how we trade" though.

Blog Entries

I'm confused

Tory tag team #*****

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Tory tag team #*****
    You may be right, gal

Same old Tories, always cheating

He is saying something completely different to what he said in the campaign and what people voted for. Maybe cameron was having a dig in his resignation speech when he said the leaders should be those completed committed to leaving

Turns most of those who signed the petition for a 2nd referendum come from North Korea and Antarctica!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He is saying something completely different to what he said in the campaign and what people voted for. Maybe cameron was having a dig in his resignation speech when he said the leaders should be those completed committed to leaving
    What an oaf, he'll do anything to become PM.

First Team

He sounds like a reluctant Brexitter. If the only change, as he says, is that "the UK will extricate itself from the EU's extraordinary and opaque system of legislation: the vast and growing corpus of law enacted by a European Court of Justice from which there can be no appeal." - then there'll be people thinking that they have been duped.

Personally speaking, if the only change was the one highlighted by Boris, and that he had confirmation from the EU that this was possible - I would have voted leave (with the caveat that human rights and employment rights would remain the same or be better than they are currently).

I believe this is exactly why Cameron quit. He realized Bojo knew delivering the full Leave agenda was crazy. He neatly stepped aside handed it over to Bojo who is now trying to find some way of delivering Brexit but with no substantive changes to the UK/EU relationship. Bojo is now stuck. If he goes for a full Brexit, the UK economy will go into complete meltdown. If he doesn't he will be accused of not delivering what he campaigned for. It's why the Leave side suddenly want time. The only thing Cameron did wrong was not invoke Article 50 on Friday morning and resign on Friday afternoon.

Of course it has. Phase one complete. Suddenly this is an appropriate time to stop his clown act and start acting in a manner more becoming of a PM.

Yeah, even he didn't want to win. He wanted to be the brave politician that lost the battle against the evil EU. And then he'd replace Cameron. Even he is ****ed now. Good job, 'leave' voters.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I believe this is exactly why Cameron quit. He realized Bojo knew delivering the full Leave agenda was crazy. He neatly stepped aside handed it over to Bojo who is now trying to find some way of delivering Brexit but with no substantive changes to the UK/EU relationship. Bojo is now stuck. If he goes for a full Brexit, the UK economy will go into complete meltdown. If he doesn't he will be accused of not delivering what he campaigned for. It's why the Leave side suddenly want time. The only thing Cameron did wrong was not invoke Article 50 on Friday morning and resign on Friday afternoon.
    Oh, I think Cameron did a few other things wrong - like putting himself and his party before the country he was running for example.

I never liked or rated David Cameron, but I recognise that without the European issue, history's judgement of him might have been a kind one - surely though, his political career has to be judged a failure now though after his huge losing gamble on the EU referendum?

As for what Boris Johnson said, it only tends to confirm the growing suspicion that those at the top of the leave campaign seem to have spent very little time considering the implications of them actually winning the vote - they appear to be making it up as they go along and, if this video is to be believed, seem to think that the Remain side should have come up with an exit plan for them .

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0d2571149cffd
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 27-06-16 at 05:30.

I didn't vote but yeah, I see what you mean. This brings Farage back into the picture, there will be a call for a single issue general election, which the Tories will try to avoid. Meanwhile the press will continue to go nuts with their scare stories.

I'm not really surprised as this was entirely what I predicted.
    I have always believed that people who fail to vote (unless there is a good reason for failing to do so), you lose your right to express an opinion on political decision. Therefore 30% of the electorate really dont matter. What a bunch of morons you all are!
    With the £ falling again this morning I say, well done Brexiters!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Hairless? What are you on?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Oh, I think Cameron did a few other things wrong - like putting himself and his party before the country he was running for example.
    I should be clear that I'm no Cameron fan. I meant only tactical mistake is wrong-footing Bojo.

The particularly odd thing is Cameron called the referendum to stymie UKIP and placate his own right wing. It seems fairly clear that UKIP have come to realize their real opportunity is in displacing Labour in its heartland because neither of the two (previously) main parties has any traction there.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Machine View Post
    Yeah, even he didn't want to win. He wanted to be the brave politician that lost the battle against the evil EU. And then he'd replace Cameron. Even he is ****ed now. Good job, 'leave' voters.
    I suspect this is closer to the truth than many of us know.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I suspect this is closer to the truth than many of us know.
    Looks like some believed that they 'knew'.

Clegg's vision of the outcome - 24 hours before ..

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/...ke-vote-leave/

It's going to get ever more 'interesting'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Looks like some believed that they 'knew'.

Clegg's vision of the outcome - 24 hours before ..

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/...ke-vote-leave/

It's going to get ever more 'interesting'.
    Holy shit, he nailed it.