+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: European Superstate Imminent?

Re: European Superstate Imminent?

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    The Coudenhove-Kalergi plan

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Imagine having your national budget decided in Berlin, Frankfurt and Brussels. Ask a Greek how they feel about that...
    Yeah haha, imagine having your budget decided in a foreign country. How embarrassing would that be... Oh.. Wait..

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Yeah haha, imagine having your budget decided in a foreign country. How embarrassing would that be... Oh.. Wait..
    I am a member of Plaid Cymru - I have been for years - and I voted leave. The party has been infiltrated by Brussels sympathisers. Why do you think that being ruled from Brussels would be any better than being ruled from London?

By the way, according to Lord Ashcroft's poll, a majority of Plaid voters chose Leave. Look at Table 7, Question 6 on page 26 of this link:

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/wp-cont...l-tables-1.pdf

In fact, here's the evidence to save you looking:

image.jpg

Leanne is in shock. She knows she has no mandate. Get away from the echo-chamber and groupthink fascism of social media and you'll find that a majority of Wales' population wanted to leave the corrupt EU.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I am a member of Plaid Cymru - I have been for years - and I voted leave. The party has been infiltrated by Brussels sympathisers. Why do you think that being ruled from Brussels would be any better than being ruled from London?

By the way, according to Lord Ashcroft's poll, a majority of Plaid voters chose Leave. Look at Table 7, Question 6 on page 26 of this link:

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/wp-cont...l-tables-1.pdf

In fact, here's the evidence to save you looking:

image.jpg

Leanne is in shock. She knows she has no mandate. Get away from the echo-chamber and groupthink fascism of social media and you'll find that a majority of Wales' population wanted to leave the corrupt EU.
    Generally speaking, the EU has been a lot better to Wales than the UK. That's why I think we were better within. Not to mention that the only thing that'll change will be our influence on the house, the payments and freedom of movement will be the same. I think the people have been sold a lie. It's a shame we couldn't see it before Thursday though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What's mad about it?
    Our armed forces under the control of Germany/Brussels and joining the Euro for a start, not to mention complete political integration. If it happens, it's no longer just a common market for goods is it?

Furthermore, if it is true then Cameron, Obama, IMF, Merkel, Hollande, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, etc,. must have known about this when they were all imploring us to remain, yet nobody thought to mention it?

You might think it will be fun to live under a globalist government with all local cultures destroyed, but I'm afraid I don't share you opinion. It's clearly a battle between national identity and globalism, and I'm not for the destruction of nation states.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Our armed forces under the control of Germany/Brussels and joining the Euro for a start, not to mention complete political integration. If it happens, it's no longer just a common market for goods is it?

Furthermore, if it is true then Cameron, Obama, IMF, Merkel, Hollande, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, etc,. must have known about this when they were all imploring us to remain, yet nobody thought to mention it?

You might think it will be fun to live under a globalist government with all local cultures destroyed, but I'm afraid I don't share you opinion. It's clearly a battle between national identity and globalism, and I'm not for the destruction of nation states.
    Armed forces are a very good thing to commonise- for us to have trident is very expensive, if Europe paid for it it would be very affordable.

Even if any of the above list of people were aware of further integration (and some of them probably weren't) there is nothing to say this would apply to the uk. Britain has an opt out remember. And a veto.

I think it would be good to live under a global government. And don't accept that local cultures wouldn't be able to survive.
    The nation state as a concept is outdated. There are far more efficient ways to organise our societies.
    What positive things have come from nationalism?

Armed forces are a very good thing to commonise- for us to have trident is very expensive, if Europe paid for it it would be very affordable.
    So Argentina invade the Falklands again, we then have to go and ask the EU ( who control the armed forces ) if we can go and take the Falklands back, they call a meeting and vote on it and come back to us and say " no go, little old UK, we wouldnt want to upset any trade routes with the south Americans "

Oh sorry Falklands, you are on your own now, cheerio

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    So Argentina invade the Falklands again, we then have to go and ask the EU ( who control the armed forces ) if we can go and take the Falklands back, they call a meeting and vote on it and come back to us and say " no go, little old UK, we wouldnt want to upset any trade routes with the south Americans "

I can't help thinking that's the sort of thing that might get agreed in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I can't help thinking that's the sort of thing that might get agreed in advance.
    you would hope so, but lets be honest, would you trust a politician in Brussels ? ? ? ( or anywhere for that matter )

the thought of upsetting a trade route would be bigger that any agreement, and what could we do about it, send a PM to strike a deal ? ? ?

Yes, the national interest becomes obsolete.

you would hope so, but lets be honest, would you trust a politician in Brussels ? ? ? ( or anywhere for that matter )

the thought of upsetting a trade route would be bigger that any agreement, and what could we do about it, send a PM to strike a deal ? ? ?
    Leaving the EU probably has a bigger effect on the day to day lives of most British people than us losing the Falklands.

Presumably us and all of the other nations would want firm guarantees on what would happen in the event of things like that happening before they joined.

France has a lot of overseas territories too, I can't see them agreeing to anything they thought would prevent themselves from defending it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Leaving the EU probably has a bigger effect on the day to day lives of most British people than us losing the Falklands.
    oh thats ok then, just the answer i would expect from you

Presumably us and all of the other nations would want firm guarantees on what would happen in the event of things like that happening before they joined.

France has a lot of overseas territories too, I can't see them agreeing to anything they thought would prevent themselves from defending it.
    The point being would you trust Brussels ( or Berlin ) to keep to these agreements ?? ? especially if other countries voted on the matter and wanted trade deals / routes with certain countries

A shared EU armed force is not for me thanks

A move to a political union means all of the current rules change, and the EU will not be what it is now. So ask yourself, if it is such a great thing, why is it a subject that cannot be spoken about, and has consistently been been denied for 50+ years?

Blog Entries

[video[/video]
    I've never really been a fan of Farage but he has always said what he thinks of them..

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I've never really been a fan of Farage but he has always said what he thinks of them.
    The Euro is going to fail there is no doubt about that, and as Farage correctly points out they will be coming for your assets just as they did in Cyprus.

The Euro is going to fail there is no doubt about that, and as Farage correctly points out they will be coming for your assets just as they did in Cyprus.
    You'd better tell them then if you have a crystal ball

it's funny, when economists warn against brexit, its scaremongering. When you talk about something far more far-fetched, it's fact. go figure

You'd better tell them then if you have a crystal ball
    It doesn't need a crystal ball to see that the Euro is fecked

If the EU were to fail, who would that be good news for?
    Putin?
    China?
    USA?
    Multinational companies?

If the EU were to fail, who would that be good news for?
    Putin?
    China?
    USA?
    Multinational companies?
    The globalists.

Blog Entries

I keep seeing things like that saying we dodged a bullet ect but we are still in the EU at the moment