Doesn't sit right seeing that.

Re: Welsh squad loving the Euros

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Pray tell

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Pray tell
    Can't put my finger on it. It's totally hypocritical since I was celebrating Iceland's win last night myself, but seeing that just doesn't seem right.

I suppose I try to imagine my reaction if it was the other way around, the England team celebrating Wales getting knocked out, I just can't imagine it happening.

It doesn't does it.

Although nothing pleased me more. We must be hypocrites.

Can't put my finger on it. It's totally hypocritical since I was celebrating Iceland's win last night myself, but seeing that just doesn't seem right.

I suppose I try to imagine my reaction if it was the other way around, the England team celebrating Wales getting knocked out, I just can't imagine it happening.
    It's an odd one. I find that no matter how much I try to rationalise and think about how childish/small-minded it probably is, when Russia scored that late goal I found myself jumping around with all the other Welsh fans in the fanzone. It just feels good tbh.

Enjoy it, don't forget how they celebrated against us at the end,that killed me never mind the players.

It's a bit of lighthearted banter, I did the same in my living room

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    It doesn't does it.

Although nothing pleased me more. We must be hypocrites.
    I agree, I think being in the same group really let them get under each other's skin.

I suppose it does seem a bit unsporting.

I'm sure Welsh sides of the past would have celebrated in a similar way under the same circumstances, but the difference is that we would never have got to see it and therein lies the problem as far as I'm concerned - I don't see why what they did needs to be out in the public domain.

Shall we all just sit there legs crossed and have a small ripple of applause !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's England the most hated country on the planet, fecking right we should jump up and down and scream the house down.
    They are the most deluded Nation there is and everyone enjoys it getting stuffed up them .............

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm sure Welsh sides of the past would have celebrated in a similar way under the same circumstances, but the difference is that we would never have got to see it and therein lies the problem as far as I'm concerned - I don't see why what they did needs to be out in the public domain.
    I think that's it, the fact it was filmed and uploaded for everyone to see. Celebrate by all means but I'm not sure it paints the Welsh team in the best light having the video published.

I think that's it, the fact it was filmed and uploaded for everyone to see. Celebrate by all means but I'm not sure it paints the Welsh team in the best light having the video published.
    Reminds me a bit of the Arsenal squad celebrating in the dressing room after beating Leicester. But a bit worse

Haven't Wales got the right to celebrate getting further in the tournament than any other British/Celtic sides - it's a major achievement. I take the point about it being put online and no doubt it will be used as a stick to beat us with by the English media but it's no worse than Lineker and co going mental in the studio when England beat Wales. Should Wales go into mourning just because England have been knocked out of the Euros? Nah.

This is what bothers me, It was great seeing the Joe Ledley dance on the table, but I don't think this should have been leaked out

I wouldn't worry about it too much bro':

gl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post

gl.jpg
    That's the clincher. Pay back time.

Blue in the Face

It's very England centric to view it as celebrating England loss and not celebrating an Iceland win. Most football fans would go crazy in seeing such a small and fascinating nation get to the quarters against a high ranking team. If anything our lads are showing they are fans too.

F**k England. Ego centric team. Perpetually playing stars over systems. They have no guts or character. Hooligan fans tarnished yet another tournament... And their self interested populous are a bunch of Brexit w@nkers. Wales would never... No, wait...

Haven't Wales got the right to celebrate getting further in the tournament than any other British/Celtic sides - it's a major achievement. I take the point about it being put online and no doubt it will be used as a stick to beat us with by the English media but it's no worse than Lineker and co going mental in the studio when England beat Wales. Should Wales go into mourning just because England have been knocked out of the Euros? Nah.
    Too right!

gl.jpg

And there was me just beginning to think the Colonel had a point.....................

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    And there was me just beginning to think the Colonel had a point.....................
    It's not the same thing. In that pic they are celebrating a goal in a game against us, same as we did against them when we scored.

Last night our team were filmed celebrating wildly to England getting knocked out in a game that really had little to do with us. It was a celebration of spite and whilst I was doing the exact same thing at home I would prefer the Wales team to do that kind of celebrating privately instead of having it broadcast publicly.

Richyrich

Think Ramsey and Wilshere have been having some major "banter" (going by the comments pre match) and I wouldn't be surprised if the other lads have been having some banter with club teammates back home etc. so think the reaction is understandable.
    Last edited by Richyrich; 28-06-16 at 11:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Think Ramsey and Wilshere have been having some major "banter" (going by the comments pre match) and I wouldn't be surprised if the other lads have been having some banter with club teammates etc. so think the reaction is understandable.
    Everyone understands the reaction, just didn't see the need to put it online that's all.

Richyrich

Everyone understands the reaction, just didn't see the need to put it online that's all.
    Part of the "bants" init.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Part of the "bants" init.
    I suppose so but can you imagine ever seeing a video of the England team celebrating like that after seeing Wales getting knocked out?

Richyrich

I suppose so but can you imagine ever seeing a video of the England team celebrating like that after seeing Wales getting knocked out?
    We all expect that to happen so no shock

There's no malice init, half of them celebrating are English for starters.