+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Farage is back at work again

Re: Farage is back at work again

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    He's campaigned for decades for us to leave the EU, you can hardly blame him for having a bit of fun at finally achieving his goals. Junker had similar fun back at him. It's all a bit petty really, but I doubt very much that it will have any effect when the negotiating starts.

People might want to bite their nose of to spite their face but in general the winner will be whatever the markets want and not what a few egos choose.
    I still think he was silly to sound triumphalistic (also did you note the Union Jack flag in front of him - I didn't see any other national flags on display!). It was interesting that Junker also got a few jeers when he declared that he was not a bureaucrat or a technocrat!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I still think he was silly to sound triumphalistic (also did you note the Union Jack flag in front of him - I didn't see any other national flags on display!). It was interesting that Junker also got a few jeers when he declared that he was not a bureaucrat or a technocrat!
    UKIP's Nigel Farage is asked on Channel 4 News about whether it was wise to insult members of the European Parliament, when UK politicians will need to negotiate with the EU.

Mr Farage claims that, during his speech earlier, MEPs "were rude, abusive, shouted me down - and I teased them a little bit".