Ah I see, bollocks.
    Most of the economic forecasts are yes.

Re: Farage is back at work again

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Apart from the ones that suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    'I know that none of you have ever done a proper job in your lives, or worked in business, or worked in trade. Or indeed ever created a job'

Farage to MEP's

This man is representing us....
    He said most, not none. If you are going to quote people at least try to get it right

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Britain lost its Triple A rating yesterday. Horrendous news. We even managed to keep hold of this through the economic down turn which shows how much turmoil we are now in.
    What did you expect? The ratings agencies are under the control of the big banks who financed the Remain campaign. Everybody knew this was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Apart from the ones that suit you.
    Oh that line, no I know they are all suited to an agenda. But I believe that we as a country will be fine. An initial shock but will prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He said most, not none. If you are going to quote people at least try to get it right
    Nigel Farage calls for "grown up attitude" from Brussels - then tells MEPs "I know many of you have never done a proper job in your lives"

Farage on fire in the Brussels parliament, "I know that virtually none of you has ever had a proper job in your lives"

Wow - I can't believe what I'm hearing! Nigel Farage to MEPs: 'most of you have never done a proper job'

"None of you have ever had a proper job in your lives" - Nigel Farage tells EU Parliament #VictoriaLIVE

Haven't had the chance to watch yet, but its being reported in various ways.
    I went on the Victoria Derbyshire quote as it was the first one i heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    The plan that's never mentioned on the BBC
    Well that's because like most Brexit bollocks it's not ferking true.

Let's be clear about Farage. He wanted out of the EU but was happy to take his fat salary from them
    the total hypocrite.
    His attendance rate at the European Parliament is piss poor as well as his attendance at the Fisheries group he is in , yet he organises a Thames demo about fisheries.
    Maybe if had played the system and worked in his group the fishing industry might have benefited.
    He is a lazy sound bite politician who learned from Hitler that if you say a big lie often enough people start to believe it.

[QUOTE=BlueWales;4642665]Well that's because like most Brexit bollocks it's not ferking true.[/QUOTE

Really we shall see

So the forecasts by economists are wrong but your one is right?

[QUOTE=Llanedeyrnblue;4642671]
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Well that's because like most Brexit bollocks it's not ferking true.[/QUOTE

Really we shall see
    Oh yes " Oldie " you won't be arround to see the carnage your views have inflicted on the young generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Nigel Farage calls for "grown up attitude" from Brussels - then tells MEPs "I know many of you have never done a proper job in your lives"

Farage on fire in the Brussels parliament, "I know that virtually none of you has ever had a proper job in your lives"

Wow - I can't believe what I'm hearing! Nigel Farage to MEPs: 'most of you have never done a proper job'

"None of you have ever had a proper job in your lives" - Nigel Farage tells EU Parliament #VictoriaLIVE

Haven't had the chance to watch yet, but its being reported in various ways.
    I went on the Victoria Derbyshire quote as it was the first one i heard.
    The main point is that none is zero

Well that's because like most Brexit bollocks it's not ferking true.
    I think you will find that both sides have been pulling a fast one

What did you expect? The ratings agencies are under the control of the big banks who financed the Remain campaign. Everybody knew this was going to happen.
    Pick up a book on basic economics

I think you will find that both sides have been pulling a fast one
    All I'd say is the Remain campaign was piss poor and brexit was pandering to the worst racist fears of the old and dull.

However most of the Press were pro brexit and ramped up the fears.

Why ? What do Murdoch and company gain ? Probably fewer restrictions on the way they operate to make more money.

Greedy capitalism dressed up as patriotism , the last refuge of a scoundrel.

All I'd say is the Remain campaign was piss poor and brexit was pandering to the worst racist fears of the old and dull.

However most of the Press were pro brexit and ramped up the fears.

Why ? What do Murdoch and company gain ? Probably fewer restrictions on the way they operate to make more money.

Greedy capitalism dressed up as patriotism , the last refuge of a scoundrel.
    oh to be young and clever like you

First Team

You will know if you are reading these things that EVERY single one of the economic forecasts done by the remain (and any) economists have way way too many variables to make any single prediction close to reality.

I had a similar point thrown at me in the build up to the vote. He said why are there no (or little) economic forecasts showing we will be better off in. Because its all made up. You could have a fag packet calculation that could be as accurate as one with a team of economists making up variables. If you know anything about economics then you will know it uses models of what has happened to try and predict what will happen. Never accurately. Nothing like this has happened, so you can use previous examples.

There are very successful people out there that believe we will be better off. My business has seen an increase of 30% in trade outside the UK since last week. The fall in sterling will do wonders for our exports. And we need to increase our exports an awful lot.
    You're talking bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Pick up a book on basic economics
    Globalist neo-liberal economics?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It is obviously annoying you that someone would stand up and speak the truth. They (MEP's) are mostly career politicians who only care for maintaining the status quo and preserving the 'gravy train' that they are all on. Farage has every right to be there, represent his constituents and tell them all what a bunch of fools they are, until such time as we are no longer members of the EU and then he can withdraw and let them get on with it. I am not a Nigel Farage or UKIP supporter by the way, just someone who has had enough of all the bureaucracy, money wasting and uncontrolled immigration that the EU involves and for which no one has ever voted for.
    Although I disagree with the "performance" by Farage today in the European Parliament (what is the point of such provocation?), I do agree with the above points and these sentiments summarise the reasons I voted "Leave". The key phrases are gravy train, career politicians who only care for maintaining the status quo, bureaucracy, money wasting and uncontrolled immigration (from the EU). Examples of money wasting are the estimated £130 million PER MONTH moving the parliament from Strasbourg to Brussels for a few days and the estimated 10,000 EU employees who earn more than £70,000 p.a. (That's only the top 10,000!).

According to the EU website (take a look at it if you want to see the extent of this bloated regime):

Around 33,000 people are employed by the European Commission. In the European Parliament, around 6,000 people work in the general secretariat and in the political groups. They are joined by Members of Parliament and their staff (don't know if these are included in the 6,000 or if these are in addition). In the Council of the European Union, around 3 500 people work in the general secretariat. With a permanent staff of around 1,750 linguists and 600 support staff, the European Commission has one of the largest translation services in the world. The Commission's interpretation service employs 600 staff interpreters, a pool of 3,000 freelance interpreters and 250 support staff.

And I thought the Welsh Assembly was bad!

But then I am one of the old and dull (according to an earlier poster) so please feel free to ignore my comments. Oh to be young and clever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Although I disagree with the "performance" by Farage today in the European Parliament (what is the point of such provocation?), I do agree with the above points and these sentiments summarise the reasons I voted "Leave". The key phrases are gravy train, career politicians who only care for maintaining the status quo, bureaucracy, money wasting and uncontrolled immigration (from the EU). Examples of money wasting are the estimated £130 million PER MONTH moving the parliament from Strasbourg to Brussels for a few days and the estimated 10,000 EU employees who earn more than £70,000 p.a. (That's only the top 10,000!).

According to the EU website (take a look at it if you want to see the extent of this bloated regime):

Around 33,000 people are employed by the European Commission. In the European Parliament, around 6,000 people work in the general secretariat and in the political groups. They are joined by Members of Parliament and their staff (don't know if these are included in the 6,000 or if these are in addition). In the Council of the European Union, around 3 500 people work in the general secretariat. With a permanent staff of around 1,750 linguists and 600 support staff, the European Commission has one of the largest translation services in the world. The Commission's interpretation service employs 600 staff interpreters, a pool of 3,000 freelance interpreters and 250 support staff.

And I thought the Welsh Assembly was bad!

But then I am one of the old and dull (according to an earlier poster) so please feel free to ignore my comments. Oh to be young and clever again.

I'm old(ish) and dull too, but I think the biggest EU waste is on Farage's salary and expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm old(ish) and dull too, but I think the biggest EU waste is on Farage's salary and expenses.
    Really? Arithmetic not your strong point then.

First Team

Evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Really? Arithmetic not your strong point then.
    Maybe not, but I'm red hot on spotting cynical self-interest and hypocrisy. Farage ticks all the boxes (using his own pen of course).

He's campaigned for decades for us to leave the EU, you can hardly blame him for having a bit of fun at finally achieving his goals. Junker had similar fun back at him. It's all a bit petty really, but I doubt very much that it will have any effect when the negotiating starts.

People might want to bite their nose of to spite their face but in general the winner will be whatever the markets want and not what a few egos choose.

Maybe not, but I'm red hot on spotting cynical self-interest and hypocrisy. Farage ticks all the boxes (using his own pen of course).
    I'm not his greatest fan but I also spotted something about him, namely that he has talked himself out of a job (and a lucrative one as you point out). Not quite sure about his alleged hypocrisy - can you elaborate on this?