+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mass Labour Shadow Cabinet Resignations Planned

Mass Labour Shadow Cabinet Resignations Planned

Jeremy Corbyn faces a coup this week by members of his shadow cabinet, led by Hilary Benn, the Observer can reveal.

It is understood that the shadow foreign secretary called fellow MPs over the weekend to suggest that he will ask Corbyn to stand down if there is significant support for a move against the leader. He has also asked shadow cabinet colleagues to join him in resigning if the Labour leader ignores that request

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...erendum-brexit

Re: Mass Labour Shadow Cabinet Resignations Planned

Finally get an honest politician and the other politicians want to oust him. Typical.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Finally get an honest politician and the other politicians want to oust him. Typical.
    Corbyn (not his politics) is a shower of s**t to be fair. His efforts in the campaign were pathetic and his failure to even address the criticism today were cowardly.

Hilary Benn and Stephen Kinnock involved.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Corbyn (not his politics) is a shower of s**t to be fair. His efforts in the campaign were pathetic and his failure to even address the criticism today were cowardly.
    Maybe he was a secret Brexiter? *wink wink, nudge nudge*
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 25-06-16 at 23:00.

Hilary Benn spoke really well that time ( was it with the family tax credit cuts, its late )

he will do well

An honest politician who puts principles before power. I may not share his political philosophy, but I believe that what he does is not done for the benefit of Jeremy Corbyn.

Yes I agree mate but sad to say Corbyn is no leader. Besides the public bullshit over this. They would far rather vote for serial liars like Johnson because he is a bit of a character.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    An honest politician who puts principles before power. I may not share his political philosophy, but I believe that what he does is not done for the benefit of Jeremy Corbyn.
    Christ. A first. I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Hilary Benn spoke really well that time ( was it with the family tax credit cuts, its late )

he will do well
    It was supporting the bombing of Syria.

I have said it before, Labour with Corbyn as the leader stands very little chance of winning anything

i am 100 % labour but really feel no connection with him as all, nothing, nada, zilch

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was about Bombing Syria.
    thats right, that speech he made was really impressive

They say a week is a long time in politics - now I believe it!

I get the feeling that events are fast getting ahead of everybody.

They say a week is a long time in politics - now I believe it!

I get the feeling that events are fast getting ahead of everybody.
    Yeah I agree. I genuinely don't think anyone has a Scoobie about what to do next.

First Team

Maybe he was a secret Brexiter? *wink wink, nudge nudge*
    I don't think it's very secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yeah I agree. I genuinely don't think anyone has a Scoobie about what to do next.
    some do

start a petition seems popular

Hilary Benn sacked from the Shadow Cabinet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36632539

The phoney war is over!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

The phoney war is over!
    Corbyn strikes quickly and nips the coup in the bud.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

The phoney war is over!
    just makes Corbyn look like a dead man walking

Oh i will sack anyone who doesnt back me

he should have just taken a leaf out of my book, i would have tied im up in knots, he would have been looking sheepishly at the ground speechless in no time

Corbyn strikes quickly and nips the coup in the bud.
    There's zero chance of Corbyn making it until August. I give him 2 weeks at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    There's zero chance of Corbyn making it until August. I give him 2 weeks at most.
    If the British electorate had voted Corbyn instead of Cameron, there would have been no brexit vote this parliament (I voted for Corbyn)

just makes Corbyn look like a dead man walking

Oh i will sack anyone who doesnt back me

he should have just taken a leaf out of my book, i would have tied im up in knots, he would have been looking sheepishly at the ground speechless in no time
    **** me, how many people have to tell you to get a grip before you take the advice?

**** me, how many people have to tell you to get a grip before you take the advice?
    Did i reply with the " i would have tied him up in knots, he would have been looking sheepishly at the ground speechless in no time " before you

Did i reply with the " i would have tied him up in knots, he would have been looking sheepishly at the ground speechless in no time " before you
    Yeah, about 50 times, you don't stop saying it. It was weeks ago, let it go and get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    If the British electorate had voted Corbyn instead of Cameron, there would have been no brexit vote this parliament (I voted for Corbyn)
    When have non Labour party members had a chance to vote Corbyn over Cameron in a vote which would have had any relevance to the decision to hold the referendum?

The Labour Party was presumably in favour of staying within the EU. I say "presumably" because, in a period where people from other parties talked about little less but the vote on June 23, it was hard for the ordinary man or woman in the street to find out what Labour wanted people who traditionally voted for them to do.

Corbyn came across as weak and, as a consequence, was an irrelevance in the campaign - worse than that, his party came to be seen as an irrelevance largely because of his lukewarm support for the remain cause. If Corbyn really was the secret leave supporter that some claim he was, then he should have had the courage of his convictions and said so - as it is, I fail to see how his performance could have impressed people in either camp and so he and his party has suffered in a campaign in which they came to be viewed as bystanders.

Under those circumstances, it's easy to see why MPs (a group of people who, largely, are against him being leader anyway) from the remain side are deeply dissatisfied with him. The problem they have is the same one the Conservative party will probably have if they select Boris Johnson as their leader (that is, a parliamentary party that has no great faith in a leader who is wholeheartedly backed by the party membership).

If some Labour MPs are discovering the courage to put their heads above the parapet and risk incurring the wrath of the membership because of Corbyn's mediocre referendum campaign then things are getting very serious in the "people's party" and I reckon sacking his Shadow Foreign Secretary will only make things worse for him. I think Corbyn is in big trouble and, after the way he has performed in recent months, I wouldn't be too bothered if he lost the leadership of the party I still feel I should be supporting in the coming weeks - or maybe that should be days.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 26-06-16 at 02:09.