+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jezza got stuffed regarding the confidence vote

Re: Jezza got stuffed regarding the confidence vote

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Actually, what the feck is going on here? We're supposed to argue about this at length!!!!
    seems circumstances have changed, and so have opinions.. (well, for one of us at least! )

FACT: Cardiff was once in North Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    After the recent uprising of the plebs during the referendum, the establishment must be terrified of Corbyn and he needs to be stopped, either by the Blue Tories or by the Red Tories. It's one man versus the whole political class who can smell trouble ahead.
    This sort of thing baffles me. To vote Leave was to do what Murdoch and other owners of red top newspapers wanted you to do - they are establishment, not the revolutionaries you appear to think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm certain there will be a Labour leadership election once the PLP majority agree on one or more (probably one) anti-Corbyn candidates to put up against him.

Despite the constitutional arguments I'm fairly sure Corbyn will stand again.

Then it's down to the members and supporters. It will be a different type of election from last summer and I doubt Corbyn will be a first ballor winner (was 60%) like last time. There is massive resentment amongst the Labour electorate about the PLP coup - but also a fraying of the original Corbyn support, but as things stand now he is still favourite.

That may change if the big unions lose confidence in him. Publicly he still has their backing - but it sounds as if that may not be as clear cut behind closed doors.

It will turn into a leadership campaign about principle and pragmatism - who can best renew the Labour Party and reach out to lost and new supporters - and who can win.
    Ordinarily, it would be principle over pragmatism every time for me, but, based on what I've seen over the past nine months, and especially during the referendum campaign, I don't think Corbyn is up to the job full stop. That's why I want him out, nothing to do with principles or pragmatism - he can't lead his party, let alone a Government

Corbyn is pretty much like Russell Slade most people knew that he ain't the right guy to deliver the goods from day one same has Ed Miliband....Labour better get it right this time or i can see them folding.