+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupidest reason for leaving the EU?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stupidest reason for leaving the EU?

Heard some good ones over the last few weeks. I was talking to a woman, probably in her 30's, and amongst other things she was claiming that the reason all these gay people are getting married was because of the EU. A used car dealer on Radio Wales who was blaming Brussels for the price of second hand cars being so low was my favourite one. Today on 5 Live a bloke from the West Midlands who voted out because of the bedroom tax ffs

Re: Stupidest reason for leaving the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Heard some good ones over the last few weeks. I was talking to a woman, probably in her 30's, and amongst other things she was claiming that the reason all these gay people are getting married was because of the EU. A used car dealer on Radio Wales who was blaming Brussels for the price of second hand cars being so low was my favourite one. Today on 5 Live a bloke from the West Midlands who voted out because of the bedroom tax ffs
    One of the suggestions is that the more educated people were, the more likely they were to vote remain. Seems to be getting truer by the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    One of the suggestions is that the more educated people were, the more likely they were to vote remain. Seems to be getting truer by the day!
    It works both ways though

One of my customers said " I voted remain as i wanted the EU to take full control of our country because i dont trust our politicians "

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It works both ways though

One of my customers said " I voted remain as i wanted the EU to take full control of our country because i dont trust our politicians "
    The mind boggles!

The mind boggles!
    this was a person in a £ 1 million plus house, she used to be a nurse ( she has retired now ) and he works in " the city " as some financial bod

"The immigrants are both taking all our jobs and sponging off the system in equal measures"

There was a poll run by someone that demonstrated this quite well (ie higher education = more likely to vote remain). ill see if i can find it.

it is good the poor and thick won for once.

The meek shall inherit the earth.

"My eggs are shit quality so if we leave the EU I can go to the local farmer and get proper one's"

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    "My eggs are shit quality so if we leave the EU I can go to the local farmer and get proper one's"

I heard that one as well mate, from the same idiot that said she wont be able to go to Disneyland anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    I heard that one as well mate, from the same idiot that said she wont be able to go to Disneyland anymore!
    disneyland you say ( i guess paris ) , hello

not sure thats a good or a bad thing, tell her to save up a few more quid and go to disneyworld I am sure i read a figure of 12 K might do it , might have been on here

Havnt got a clue mate but that was a remain voter.

not sure thats a good or a bad thing, tell her to save up a few more quid and go to disneyworld I am sure i read a figure of 12 K might do it , might have been on here
    Also, we can have a trade deal with Zimbabwe so burritos can be cheaper

She'll probably need more like £14k now the pound is crap.

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Now she's on about pizzas

How can anyone be that stupid irl? But how can anyone act so stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I Love the smell of Arrogance in the morning.
    That was also a reason for voting leave I think, the people of Southend on sea voted expecting it to be the end of the prevailing wind coming from the Netherlands.

It's a good point Jimmy, whilst I think in the end it could make things that little bit worse for a lot of poor areas they didn't have much to lose and I think a lot of voting was down to them finally sticking two fingers up to the establishment and the succession of governments who have forgotten them. It's a shame we don't get this sort of turn out for general elections though where they could actually make things better for themselves.

Whilst saying that I do think a decent anount of the leave vote was made up either by people who didn't know what they were voting for, people who had no reason to vote that way and some made up by xenophobes and racists.

I agree with Jim's succinct observation. However, he gave no credit to the legions of smelly bastards who also voted en masse for Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's a good point Jimmy, whilst I think in the end it could make things that little bit worse for a lot of poor areas they didn't have much to lose and I think a lot of voting was down to them finally sticking two fingers up to the establishment and the succession of governments who have forgotten them. It's a shame we don't get this sort of turn out for general elections though where they could actually make things better for themselves.

Whilst saying that I do think a decent anount of the leave vote was made up either by people who didn't know what they were voting for, people who had no reason to vote that way and some made up by xenophobes and racists.
    There's a lot of self righteous crap coming from people who think they are smart because they voted remain.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever!! View Post
    There's a lot of self righteous crap coming from people who think they are smart because they voted remain.
    I'd say the fact that they think anyone who voted to leave is either thick or racist shows you that there's plenty of ****wits on both sides.

I'm wondering who's whinging and bitching the most about being out of Europe - the remain camp or England fans?

You're out - deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

You're out - deal with it.
    It is now very much this ^^.

In a similar vein:

"why are Iceland in Euro16 if they're not in the EU?"
    "does this mean we're not in the Euro vision song contest anymore?"
    "at least we'll not be dictated to be the European Court of Human Rights"

Double post - sorry!
    Last edited by Des Parrot; 29-06-16 at 09:38.