+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brexit fallout- a conspiracy theory

Brexit fallout- a conspiracy theory

Some interesting tweets from a journalist called Ben Judah @b_judah

Merkel and Brussels have outright already refused an EEA+ agreement that gives UK migration control, passporting and single market access. What is passporting? All banks registered in UK have a "passport" that allows them to do business with whole EU. The City depends on it.

Base case is Berlin and Brussels plan to insist on an EEA- (i.e. a worse deal than Norway) that excludes passporting, migration controls. This would however allow services to continue to have access to the singoe market. But not financial services. Mass migration continues.

This is formal offer. But Paris is planning a turn of cynical brilliance - that could at a stroke smite London and restore Paris to glory. France cynicallly intends to offer Britain an EEA- that excludes passporting, but givs them a migration cap, and single market access.

This is a brilliant move: "you get less Poles, but we want your banks." It would be in France's interests to encourage UK out to get banks. This would leave some stuff shirt like Crabb in a disastrous position: Paris and Berlin would have handed him a deal only "bad for bankers."

But the cynical French deal would be exactly the kind of cap migration, free movement for us and single market deal that the public want. The next Tory muchkin leader would then be a hideous position: have his tax base slasshed at by loss of banks as his voters rejoice. Paris and Frankfurt would emerge as enormous winners by ending passporting. Hugely boosting popularity of French and German leadership. British public will be left moronically clapping the huge triumph of a few less Poles and the punishment for "bankers" and tax base slashed.

City analysts I met look with unbrindled distain on a Tory leadership class they think are simply muppets. No clue what's about to hit them. France has already made this plan public. Hollande utterly clear on exactly what he wants Paris to grab from London.

How will EU divy up the City of London? This is base-case: Euro-clearing to Frankfurt and rest to Paris, Amsterdam to avoid. Hollande is particularly keen to grab as many banks as he can from London: a sudden rush of banks to Paris could turn his Presidency around.

Will will a weak France get so many goodies? Surelt France has a weak political system and flaring Islamism and rising Le Pen? It is crucial to understand EU must at all costs stop Le Pen winning in 2017. Best way to do this? Reward France the banks and their taxes.

That's all for now. Just remember what a glorious day it is!

Re: Brexit fallout- a conspiracy theory

Interesting. I'm sure Paris would love a slice of the London financial sector. I'm guessing new York would also potentially take a bit too.

It should be factored in though, that the last thing the government will want to do is actually reduce the numbers of immigrants. This will mean that we will becone less and less able to pay for the elderly population.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Interesting. I'm sure Paris would love a slice of the London financial sector. I'm guessing new York would also potentially take a bit too.

It should be factored in though, that the last thing the government will want to do is actually reduce the numbers of immigrants. This will mean that we will becone less and less able to pay for the elderly population.
    but they dont evn bovver 2 lern da languidge!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    but they dont evn bovver 2 lern da languidge!
    Even though we literally need loads of immigrants every year, we will blame everything on them and pretend it's the EU's fault we have so many, rather than being honest about why we want them . What could possibly go wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Even though we literally need loads of immigrants every year, we will blame everything on them and pretend it's the EU's fault we have so many, rather than being honest about why we want them . What could possibly go wrong with that.

That it would show that all major parties have been complicit in major lies, and clearly are never to be trusted.

I think that's becoming clearer by the day anyways.

re OP,

Unsettling reading.

But, wouldn't Osbourne have been very aware of this?
    Wouldn't he have made this very clear before the referendum, as a: Chancellor and b: a supposed subscriber to 'remain' ?

The EU wants to make our exit as painful as they can get away with, to deter other countries following suit.

Where is the all seeing Plato when you need some input?

In addition to the financial sector beinf targetted by Frankfurt and Paris, the republic of Ireland are already making overtones towards our life sciences industries

If they don't allow passporting the whole economy will be ****ed. The city of London will collapse and the house prices and the rest of the country will follow.

There are also legitimate concerns about what till happen with IP. Unless agreements are reached, it may nean that current Europe wide ip thay was granted in a uk court would no longer be valid. And vice versa.
    That could be a disaster .
    One thing is for sure- lawyers will do very well from all the new agreements that have to be forged.

I thought the banks were evil and people wanted rid of them anyway?

Now we are desperate to keep hold of them. Funny old world. Where is Dr Tim when we need him.

They prop up our whole economy along with the housing bubble though. People can think there evil all you want but if they leave we are in for an almighty shock.

Think the poor areas are poor now, wait until there's billions less in tax coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    They prop up our whole economy along with the housing bubble though. People can think there evil all you want but if they leave we are in for an almighty shock.

Think the poor areas are poor now, wait until there's billions less in tax coming in.
    I'm aware of that but anyone posting on this board will remember that plenty on here were happy to see the back of the banks.

Feedback used to argue the case for months about HSBC but still never made any grounds with some.

Why is this a conspiracy theory? I though it was their job to shaft everybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I'm aware of that but anyone posting on this board will remember that plenty on here were happy to see the back of the banks.

Feedback used to argue the case for months about HSBC but still never made any grounds with some.
    ironic isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    ironic isn't it
    It should focus our minds about creating a balanced economy Sod the 1% who want money for jam

Besides it's not in the interests of the USA that we lose our influence as we are a major player in NATO.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 29-06-16 at 17:20.