+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Depressing Twitter thread

Depressing Twitter thread

https://twitter.com/AlexWhite1812/st...94632295649280

Not sure who this guy is, but hes ruined my evening

Re: Depressing Twitter thread

meanwhile in the actual world not the world of guesswork and supposition the footsie is above pre brexit levels

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Stop searching for negative things about the referendum then, search for pro ones and you'll find them I'm sure.

Alternatively just relax and let it play it's self out, things will sort themselves out, they always do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

That's quite cheerful compared to some things I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Stop searching for negative things about the referendum then, search for pro ones and you'll find them I'm sure.

Alternatively just relax and let it play it's self out, things will sort themselves out, they always do.
    Ahh the voice of reason, nice to have you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    meanwhile in the actual world not the world of guesswork and supposition the footsie is above pre brexit levels
    Although we haven't actually left anything yet

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    £ is 4c off 1 March $ level

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06...brexit-debate/

I've noticed this since Friday morning.

But, unfortunately, not only the BBC. still peddling 'consequences' and its 'remain' bias.

I noticed for example they quoted the FTSE 250 which had fallen further than the FTSE 100, the universally accepted stockmarket measure. The fact that the FTSE was UP on a week earlier wasn't mentioned. All negative stuff propagated.

Tune in to a Brexit debate on Radio 5 Live and after 20 minutes you feel like topping yourself. They should promote Private Fraser to special correspondent.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post

But, unfortunately, not only the BBC. still peddling 'consequences' and its 'remain' bias.

I noticed for example they quoted the FTSE 250 which had fallen further than the FTSE 100, the universally accepted stockmarket measure. The fact that the FTSE was UP on a week earlier wasn't mentioned. All negative stuff propagated.

Tune in to a Brexit debate on Radio 5 Live and after 20 minutes you feel like topping yourself. They should promote Private Fraser to special correspondent.
    You're being very selective in what you choose to read to watch/listen on the BBC. I'm no fan of their impartiality but they seem to be reporting the stock market and currency movements very fairly and regularly. As a for instance:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36660133

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    That's quite cheerful compared to some things I've seen.

Ahh the voice of reason, nice to have you back.
    Nah, he's the voice of complacency. He had the nerve to have a dig about gold's performance the other day. I have urged him and anyone else around here to invest some of their hard earned into real money to help protect themselves from these terrible fiat currencies. But he never listened and probably never will. Gold's up 200% versus his beloved pound in the last ten years and it'll smash it to bits in the years ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post

Richard Branson is cracking me up too, they are all in the same team. Laura Kuenssssberg is funny too, she tries to use the tone of her voice to inform the viewers who the good and bad guys are.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 29-06-16 at 21:57.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Nah, he's the voice of complacency. He had the nerve to have a dig about gold's performance the other day. I have urged him and anyone else around here to invest some of their hard earned into real money to help protect themselves from these terrible fiat currencies. But he never listened and probably never will. Gold's up 200% versus his beloved pound in the last ten years and it'll smash it to bits in the years ahead.
    Those arguments were before my time so I'm not getting involved it's been depressing enough watching the nation turn on each other this week as it is.

If Britain fails then Russia will take over Europe, so it's never going to happen. As I see it a few globalists are a bit peeved cos we pissed on their chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It was up about 250% before you starting tipping it.

I'm not a crystal ball owner but don't need to be to imagine you in the not too distant future staring gloomily into your glass of lager, that you've made last for an hour and a half, whilst sat in the less than palatial surrounding's of Llandaff's Pineapple boozer when wishing you'd taken my advice.

Incidentally, the criminal price suppression of gold and silver by bullion banks (proxies of the western central banks) is now a fact and not some whacky conspiracy theory. http://www.reuters.com/article/deuts...-idUSL2N17H1IA

First Team

The EIU is totally reputable.

Everyone is jumping the gun a little here. The effects on the real economy won't be apparent for some time - think months. And things won't have their full effect for years. So there is little comfort to be drawn from pointing out the FTSE 100 is about the same as it was some months ago. A better indicator of the sentiment around the UK economy is the FTSE 250 anyway. What is of more interest is bond yields, the exchange rate and the price of gold. They are all suggesting the outlook for the UK economy is grim.

Don't pay too much to the recent rise in the exchange rate above its 31 year low either. IMHO it's a dead cat bounce. Some of the small upward movement is fueled by speculators taking profits and some is the fact that UK equities looked cheap and so foreign investors need GBP to buy them. I think $1.24 is a little too low but once higher interest rates and and inflation kick in the PPP rate is likely to shift to below its previous level of $1.43.

The really, really grim scenario would be if the EU says goods can trade freely but in exchange for migration controls services are not passported. Then everyone better start saving rain water and growing their own vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    The EIU is totally reputable.

Everyone is jumping the gun a little here. The effects on the real economy won't be apparent for some time - think months. And things won't have their full effect for years. So there is little comfort to be drawn from pointing out the FTSE 100 is about the same as it was some months ago. A better indicator of the sentiment around the UK economy is the FTSE 250 anyway. What is of more interest is bond yields, the exchange rate and the price of gold. They are all suggesting the outlook for the UK economy is grim.

Don't pay too much to the recent rise in the exchange rate above its 31 year low either. IMHO it's a dead cat bounce. Some of the small upward movement is fueled by speculators taking profits and some is the fact that UK equities looked cheap and so foreign investors need GBP to buy them. I think $1.24 is a little too low but once higher interest rates and and inflation kick in the PPP rate is likely to shift to below its previous level of $1.43.

The really, really grim scenario would be if the EU says goods can trade freely but in exchange for migration controls services are not passported. Then everyone better start saving rain water and growing their own vegetables.
    Will you pay me compensation if none of this happens?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Will you pay me compensation if none of this happens?
    Why? I didn't vote. I didn't think it would be right.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Why? I didn't vote. I didn't think it would be right.
    Because you are scaring me, and I want to be 100% sure that you really believe in what you are saying.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Because you are scaring me, and I want to be 100% sure that you really believe in what you are saying.
    Are you serious or winding me up?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Unless you are an international banker or currency trader etc then there is 100% nothing you can do to influence things.

So it maybe better for your mental health to relax, carry on as normal. There are too many variables here to predict anything. There are also positives from what I have seen, lots of other countries want to trade with us, plus plenty of EU businesses that want to continue and will put pressure on their respective leaders to make that happen.

The EU need to try and ensure the whole thing doesnt break up - so I think pragmatism allround is needed more than anything else at the moment.

Enjoy your day.
    If we do manage a Brexit, then we won't be the last country to do so. The goal of the EU is total political union for all member states, and furthermore it doesn't stop at Europe, they want to move further East into Asia and beyond.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Unless you are an international banker or currency trader etc then there is 100% nothing you can do to influence things.

So it maybe better for your mental health to relax, carry on as normal. There are too many variables here to predict anything. There are also positives from what I have seen, lots of other countries want to trade with us, plus plenty of EU businesses that want to continue and will put pressure on their respective leaders to make that happen.

The EU need to try and ensure the whole thing doesnt break up - so I think pragmatism allround is needed more than anything else at the moment.

Enjoy your day.
    What has been stopping the other countries trading with the UK for the past 50 years?

Of course EU exporters want to carry on exporting but I fear a deal on migration will mean there will be no passporting of services.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post

I was gutted by the result ,however there is nothing we can do about , as true blue says get on with life whilst we can , have a sneaky feeling though about us totally leaving is still unfinished business with lots of canny maneuvers and deals ,in the pipeline .