+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not Football Related *shocker* - Car Battery Question.....

Not Football Related *shocker* - Car Battery Question.....

My missus car battery keeps going flat - it isn't the alternator as this is showing 14v when the engine is running across the terminals. Anyway long story short I have bought a battery off the internet and was going to fit it at the weekend. I have tried googling but to no avail - if I just disconnect the old battery, put the new one in place and hook it up will it mess with the alarm and immobiliser? It is an 04 plated ford so not some super duper new car. Not a Focus either! I know the radio presets will be lost and I have the radio code so that isn't problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Not Football Related *shocker* - Car Battery Question.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    My missus car battery keeps going flat - it isn't the alternator as this is showing 14v when the engine is running across the terminals. Anyway long story short I have bought a battery off the internet and was going to fit it at the weekend. I have tried googling but to no avail - if I just disconnect the old battery, put the new one in place and hook it up will it mess with the alarm and immobiliser? It is an 04 plated ford so not some super duper new car. Not a Focus either! I know the radio presets will be lost and I have the radio code so that isn't problem.

https://youtu.be/PcMapd-Z3Lg

Changed mine a month or two ago at Halfords. Everything just worked when the new one was connected except the radio which needed the code.

Thanks both - will give it a go at the weekend.

from what i understand, you need to make sure the EPROM ( or whatever the auto industry uses ) of the immobiliser is charged, so make sure the car is running for a while and NOT left with a flat battery for a long time

I am sure Jimmy will be along to advise

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    from what i understand, you need to make sure the EPROM ( or whatever the auto industry uses ) of the immobiliser is charged, so make sure the car is running for a while and NOT left with a flat battery for a long time

I am sure Jimmy will be along to advise
    Maccy has had good advice.

My work is over.

DO NOT BUY A LION BATTERY, THEY ARE CHEAP FROM EUROS BUT THEY ARE SHIT.

I bourght a car memory saver from amazon for about 12 quid.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carpoint-CP.../dp/B0044DDOQG.
    this is how to do it....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HREVVZAqNI