+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For me Wales are winners already

For me Wales are winners already

Whatever happens v Belgium this has been an amazing effort from Wales and an amazing experience as a fan.

I was lucky enough to be in Bordeaux for the first game. To win was incredible and a feeling I can't describe. I would have been happy for that to have been my only experience of the tournament. Just to see Wales in a finals was a dream.

For us to then qualify was a massive bonus and I was fortunate enough again to get to France to see us beat Northern Ireland in Paris. Now this is fantasy land.

I won't be in Lille on Friday but whatever happens, win or lose it will be a celebration. Wales has surpassed all expectation and won many friends throughout France and Europe.

The team and the FAW have been a breath of fresh air and have shown what togetherness can achieve. The players have been open, friendly and normal human beings. Unlike the pampered, arrogant and reclusive players of other nations not too far from us who are now back home.

Together Stronger describes perfectly the bond between fans and players. The fans have won admirers at all the city's visited (I was in Bordeaux, I've never a city so full of Wales fans before, they literally painted the town red), the players have won respect from all sides for their attitude and bonding on and off the pitch.

Wales are winners already, anything more is not just a bonus it's furthering the most incredible history.

Re: For me Wales are winners already

#Jinxed

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Whatever happens v Belgium this has been an amazing effort from Wales and an amazing experience as a fan.

I was lucky enough to be in Bordeaux for the first game. To win was incredible and a feeling I can't describe. I would have been happy for that to have been my only experience of the tournament. Just to see Wales in a finals was a dream.

For us to then qualify was a massive bonus and I was fortunate enough again to get to France to see us beat Northern Ireland in Paris. Now this is fantasy land.

I won't be in Lille on Friday but whatever happens, win or lose it will be a celebration. Wales has surpassed all expectation and won many friends throughout France and Europe.

The team and the FAW have been a breath of fresh air and have shown what togetherness can achieve. The players have been open, friendly and normal human beings. Unlike the pampered, arrogant and reclusive players of other nations not too far from us who are now back home.

Together Stronger describes perfectly the bond between fans and players. The fans have won admirers at all the city's visited (I was in Bordeaux, I've never a city so full of Wales fans before, they literally painted the town red), the players have won respect from all sides for their attitude and bonding on and off the pitch.

Wales are winners already, anything more is not just a bonus it's furthering the most incredible history.
    Well said Mike.

This has way exceeded my expectations. I was in Bordeaux too and it was an utterly superb experience on and off the pitch.

We are entering dreamland now. But whatever happens tomorrow the players and fans can hold their heads high.

On the bus to Lille now and for me Wales can't lose. We have succeeded already, there is no failure from here.

Spot on Mike. Bordeaux was my my only experience of the tournament but the memories will live forever.

I said yesterday if this is our only experience of finals football in our lifetime - players and fans- then what an experience.

We are winners already (@visitBordeaux still has pinned a message to Welsh supporters to the top of their twitter) but there is so much more left to be won.

It would be a shame if tonight's game went into penalties, I don't like the prospect of one of our team of super heroes becoming a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    It would be a shame if tonight's game went into penalties, I don't like the prospect of one of our team of super heroes becoming a villain.

I hate penalties.

It's a TEAM game and you win or lose as a TEAM, it should not be left to an Americanization to solve this beautiful game.

I think we will win tonight. The ability of our players in not in doubt.
    We need some luck as always but we can prevail.

One thing that amazes me is that i have already memorised our World cup qualifying campaign and have booked my Moldova at home flight.

I went to Bordeaux and Lens and would have been in Lille if it had been less complicated. Even I have to work at times.
    Hoping Mr and Mrs G miss MG's wedding

Cracking piece from yesterdays Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7110861.html

When a trip of the World War I graveyards was organised after the Euro 2016 qualifier against Friday night’s opponents – Belgium - Bale specifically asked if the team could see the grave of Hedd Wyn, the Welsh poet killed at the Battle of Passchendaele just weeks before being posthumously awarded the Bardic Chair at the 1917 National Eisteddfod. Bale’s mother had told him the story years earlier and he was intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I hate penalties.

It's a TEAM game and you win or lose as a TEAM, it should not be left to an Americanization to solve this beautiful game.
    I'm pretty sure villains existed before America.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

When a trip of the World War I graveyards was organised after the Euro 2016 qualifier against Friday night’s opponents – Belgium - Bale specifically asked if the team could see the grave of Hedd Wyn, the Welsh poet killed at the Battle of Passchendaele just weeks before being posthumously awarded the Bardic Chair at the 1917 National Eisteddfod. Bale’s mother had told him the story years earlier and he was intrigued.
    Great read - thanks for posting the story.

I f***ing tears of joy here.

Wonderful write up.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I f***ing tears of joy here.

Wonderful write up.

That's the alcohol!

Seriously though, a super write up and a proper bottom lip wobbler.

Simply cannot wait for tonight but gonna need a few to settle the nerves.

Thanks for posting the story

Great article.

Really enjoyed reading that COME ON!!!!!!!!!

Excellent article.

Also enjoyed the picture of Johnny Williams and his erection.

Really enjoyed that read, inspired me to purchase the book as well.

What a brilliant thread.Lucky enough to have been in Bordeaux and Toulouse with my sons and today one of my boys and his son are in Lille.Best sporting experiences of my life-the unity between team and fans is superb.The team has done us proud,our fans have been a credit to the country.Two weeks more would be incredible but the team owe us nothing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Excellent article.

Also enjoyed the picture of Johnny Williams and his erection.