+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 60,000 new members in last week for Labour.

60,000 new members in last week for Labour.

Or should that read 60,000 members in last week for New Labour?

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-...ise-by-60-000/

Re: 60,000 new members in last week for Labour.

I heard through the grapevine that the "better" Milliband brother may be parachuted in if they get rid of Corbyn. However, he will want to stay in Europe, which would take them back to square one after alienating 17.5 million voters.

So it's still all to play for, left or right?
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 01-07-16 at 06:24.

I'd like to See Michael Sheen stand for parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'd like to See Michael Sheen stand for parliament.

He's a top man - he's made two cracking programmes for BBC Wales in the last year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

He's a top man - he's made two cracking programmes for BBC Wales in the last year or so.
    He's such a good actor though, how do we know he's not just acting the part of a thoroughly decent chap, but us really a complete bastard?

I think most of them are pro-Corbyn.

I don't think he has been an effective leader of the Labour Party in Parliament but I would love to see him get through this latest political storm just to piss off the 'Get Corbyn' campaign in the media. The behaviour of Kuenssberg, in particular, at the supposedly impartial BBC has been appalling. And all those Blairites and careerists MPs currently jumping on the bandwagon would end up looking stupid which would also be great.
    Last edited by Gabalphaville; 01-07-16 at 09:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's such a good actor though, how do we know he's not just acting the part of a thoroughly decent chap, but us really a complete bastard?
    True but no matter how good an actor he is, I doubt he would've bothered making that speech to the NHS march unless he sincerely cared. As TOBW mentioned above, he's made a couple of cracking documentaries, the one about the steelworkers in Port Talbot showed me that he cared.
    For my money, he has a deep social conscience, he is a fantastic orator and is dignified. Ticks an awful lot of boxes for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    I think most of them are pro-Corbyn.

I don't think he has been an effective leader of the Labour Party in Parliament but I would love to see him get through this latest political storm just to piss off the 'Get Corbyn' campaign in the media. The behaviour of Kuenssberg, in particular, at the supposedly impartial BBC has been appalling. And all those Blairites and careerists MPs currently jumping on the bandwagon would end up looking stupid which would also be great.
    These are momentous days. It's high stakes politics and I'm not sure if everybody realizes the gravitas of the situation. It's not just about Corbyn. This is the establishment against Corbyn, both the Blue Tories and the Red Tories, the ones who are controlled by the banks and corporations and secret societies. In short it's the 1% against the people. This situation has not suddenly arisen, it has been planned since the day Corbyn became leader. The powers that be know how serious the situation is (for them). If Corbyn is ousted, I don't see another event like this happening anytime soon. Power will be returned back to the establishment who are desperate to implement the European Superstate, to be followed by a Global Superstate. That is a one world government controlled by the financiers, multinational corporations and elite families. This has been in the planning for well over 100 years, and has often been referred to many times by politicians as the New World Order. It's make your minds up time, and whatever happens this will have global ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    These are momentous days. It's high stakes politics and I'm not sure if everybody realizes the gravitas of the situation. It's not just about Corbyn. This is the establishment against Corbyn, both the Blue Tories and the Red Tories, the ones who are controlled by the banks and corporations and secret societies. In short it's the 1% against the people. This situation has not suddenly arisen, it has been planned since the day Corbyn became leader. The powers that be know how serious the situation is (for them). If Corbyn is ousted, I don't see another event like this happening anytime soon. Power will be returned back to the establishment who are desperate to implement the European Superstate, to be followed by a Global Superstate. That is a one world government controlled by the financiers, multinational corporations and elite families. This has been in the planning for well over 100 years, and has often been referred to many times by politicians as the New World Order. It's make your minds up time, and whatever happens this will have global ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Put it in your diary and give it to your grandchildren Let's see if they will be laughing with you

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    That's the same PR company who were orchestrating the media in the wake of Jo Cox's death!

Tories must be over the moon , perhaps somewhere within the bowels of Labour perhaps they want the split , have no intention of wanting power , just chaos.