+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow: Misses next match

Yellow: Misses next match

Does it seem incredibly harsh to anyone else? The thought that a player could spend 2 years qualifying for the tournament then fighting their way through the group stage at the final, only to get two poxy yellows over the course of 2 matches then has to miss an entire match? Surely there's a less harsh way to punish a player.

Re: Yellow: Misses next match

They're cleared completely after the QF I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Yes, but don't you think it's harsh for a player to miss an entire match for two yellows picked up in different matches?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Yes, but don't you think it's harsh for a player to miss an entire match for two yellows picked up in different matches?
    Happens in the qualifiers as well but yes, 3 yellows maybe a 1 game ban but 2 is harsh.

Maybe 2 yellows and that player has to miss first half of next match...?

Happens in the qualifiers as well but yes, 3 yellows maybe a 1 game ban but 2 is harsh.

Maybe 2 yellows and that player has to miss first half of next match...?
    3 yellows would be better I reckon, especially since some yellows are dished out for next to nothing.

So if Ramsey gets booked in qf would he be banned for semi

3 yellows would be better I reckon, especially since some yellows are dished out for next to nothing.
    Thing is, the tournament is only 3 matches long for many teams. Only 8 teams get to play 5 matches or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Thing is, the tournament is only 3 matches long for many teams. Only 8 teams get to play 5 matches or more.
    Well get rid of the match ban completely then. A yellow card is its own punishment.

It wouldn't be so bad if they wiped the slate clean after the group stage. Or changed it to two yellows in consecutive games.

It's ridiculous that a player could get a yellow in the opening game and then another in the round of 16 causing him to miss the quarter finals.

I was under the impression they were wiped out after this round?

Well get rid of the match ban completely then. A yellow card is its own punishment.
    I know what you are saying - but teams should be punished if a player is constantly getting booked. You could get booked in the first 5 matches of a league season, and get a 1 game ban.

I think players should be banned if they keep getting booked - the problem in a tournament is that there are too few games to implement this. I see Hungary have about 9 players on a yellow at the moment, Wales have 4. Teams should carry more risk of losing players as they collect yellow cards. It's hard on a player (for example, two daft bookings) - but Slovakia (for example) had 5 players booked against Wales. The result of players being one yellow from a ban was that they picked up just 1 yellow in their second game, and one in their third.

I agree 2 in groups and then 3 up to the final

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    So if Ramsey gets booked in qf would he be banned for semi
    Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Anyone?
    No, all players free to play in the final two games even if they are booked in the quarters.

There's a perversity in the group stage. Consider a Slovakian player being booked in the first game against Wales and the second game against Russia. The result being that England, a rival of both Wales and Russia, benefits by playing against a weakened team.

I reckon anybody who gets two yellows should be forced to play the next game wearing their daps.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There's a perversity in the group stage. Consider a Slovakian player being booked in the first game against Wales and the second game against Russia. The result being that England, a rival of both Wales and Russia, benefits by playing against a weakened team.
    That happens in the League though. Remember how excited we all were when Richard Langley was suspended for the play-off final?

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I agree 2 in groups and then 3 up to the final
    I think that is sensible. After the first 3 games, extend it to 3 yellows.

Richyrich

No, all players free to play in the final two games even if they are booked in the quarters.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

This is where we should learn from EGG.

10 minutes in the sin bin, so the team you're playing against at the time BENEFITS, not someone further down the ladder.

Oh, and while we're at it, stop the clock as well, ie:----tiimekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This is where we should learn from EGG.

10 minutes in the sin bin, so the team you're playing against at the time BENEFITS, not someone further down the ladder.

Oh, and while we're at it, stop the clock as well, ie:----tiimekeepers
    Very good call for the sin bin. Not so sure about stopping the clock, the whole reason we have added time is to curb time wasting, the ref can add as much time at the end as he feels necessary, having a definite end to the match would be a time wasters dream.

Does't look that way.

Ramsey, Davies Taylor and Vokes would miss out if booked again.
    Fekin harsh

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2385046.html

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Does't look that way.

Ramsey, Davies Taylor and Vokes would miss out if booked again.
    Fekin harsh

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2385046.html
    That link is confusing because at the bottom it says:

"Single cautions from matches in the final tournament expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals."

I think the semi-final amnesty is correct and we don't need to worry about yellows for our players. It's on page 27 of this bad boy:

http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/...7_download.pdf

It is confusing.
    I read that as a first booking in the quarter final would be wiped if you were booked in the semi so not to miss the next game.

Could be completely wrong though.

One booking away from missing the UEFA EURO 2016 semi-finals after picking up a yellow card already
    Poland v Portugal
    Poland: Kamil Grosicki, Krzysztof Mączyński, Sławomir Peszko, Łukasz Piszczek, Michał Pazdan, Artur Jędrzejczyk
    Portugal: William Carvalho, Pepe, Ricardo Quaresma

Carvalho just booked and they said on comms he misses next match.

Looks like a few of ours do need to be careful.