+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Malky on the Telly

Malky on the Telly

Never realised he was at Ross County, 2-1 up at half time against Rangers, unfortunately 3-2 down now with ten minutes to go.

Re: Malky on the Telly

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Never realised he was at Ross County, 2-1 up at half time against Rangers, unfortunately 3-2 down now with ten minutes to go.
    Ross County play in Dingwall

Ross County Ground capacity: 6,541
    Dingwall population: 5,491

3 - 3

96th min

Ross equalise in the 95th minute

FT: 3-3

Celtic 5 pts behind Rangers, Celtic play at 3pm. Then it's Celtic v Rangers on Wednesday.

Mcgregor has had a mare on two of the 3 goals rangers have conceded

Watch the Scottish football when I can and I don't see anything that suggests either celtic or rangers deserve a place in the premiership as has been discussed previously - feel they should work their way up from the championship if they were to join the league structure although my preference would be they work from the top of the national league as part of their playoffs 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

Watch the Scottish football when I can and I don't see anything that suggests either celtic or rangers deserve a place in the premiership as has been discussed previously - feel they should work their way up from the championship if they were to join the league structure although my preference would be they work from the top of the national league as part of their playoffs ��
    Funny how its only fans of the English teams talk about this possible scenario, in my years in Scotland it was never mentioned by fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

Watch the Scottish football when I can and I don't see anything that suggests either celtic or rangers deserve a place in the premiership as has been discussed previously - feel they should work their way up from the championship if they were to join the league structure although my preference would be they work from the top of the national league as part of their playoffs ��
    If they started in the National League, within six or seven years they’d be the two biggest clubs in the Premier Division (Celtic definitely) while filling the coffers of every club they’d met on the way up through full houses home and away. The players they’d sign and sponsorship and new prospective new owners seeing the pot of gold would be phenomenal. Their support and present worldwide attraction (which is currently massive, using the names of bars in European holiday resorts, followings in Australia, Canada etc as a yardstick) would escalate. The English system wouldn’t know what hit it.

If they started in the National League, within six or seven years they’d be the two biggest clubs in the Premier Division (Celtic definitely)......
    Have you had a bump on the head recently? Rangers and Celtic would be the two biggest clubs in the EPL?!? Biggest in what respect?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Have you had a bump on the head recently? Rangers and Celtic would be the two biggest clubs in the EPL?!? Biggest in what respect?
    I reckon they would, Celtic certainly. Their support would be phenomenal, they are massive clubs already. Investors would be battling each other to get involved. They are institutions which set them apart from many other clubs.

If there ever is a European super league then the EPL would probably have to invite Celtic and Rangers in to make things a bit more interesting. Perhaps they could ask Ajax and Feyenoord along at the same time.

I reckon they would, Celtic certainly. Their support would be phenomenal, they are massive clubs already. Investors would be battling each other to get involved. They are institutions which set them apart from many other clubs.
    But biggest in what respect? I honestly don't know what you're thinking of when you say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    If there ever is a European super league then the EPL would probably have to invite Celtic and Rangers in to make things a bit more interesting. Perhaps they could ask Ajax and Feyenoord along at the same time.
    And Cardiff City obviously

And Cardiff City obviously
    Or TNS.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bigotry and sectarianism?

Neither of them even has a stadium big enough to be the biggest clubs in the EPL. Do they have foreign (of non Scottish/Irish heritage) fanbases? I doubt it. They are both big clubs in terms of fanbase and history. But the top clubs in the EPL have a HUGE head start. And several European Cups between them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Neither of them even has a stadium big enough to be the biggest clubs in the EPL. Do they have foreign (of non Scottish/Irish heritage) fanbases? I doubt it. They are both big clubs in terms of fanbase and history. But the top clubs in the EPL have a HUGE head start. And several European Cups between them.
    Celtic Park has a capacity of 60,411. Would be third biggest behind Manchester United & Tottenham

Celtic Park has a capacity of 60,411. Would be third biggest behind Manchester United & Tottenham
    So. not the biggest then

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So. not the biggest then
    Nope, The Citizens are the biggest at the moment but NYCBlue stated that neither Glasgow club has a stadium big enough.......they clearly do..

If they started in the National League, within six or seven years they’d be the two biggest clubs in the Premier Division (Celtic definitely) while filling the coffers of every club they’d met on the way up through full houses home and away. The players they’d sign and sponsorship and new prospective new owners seeing the pot of gold would be phenomenal. Their support and present worldwide attraction (which is currently massive, using the names of bars in European holiday resorts, followings in Australia, Canada etc as a yardstick) would escalate. The English system wouldn’t know what hit it.
    If you had said that both Celtic and Rangers would be amongst the biggest clubs in the Premier League, then fair enough. However, to suggest they'd be ranked numbers one and two is wide of the mark.
    I'd put Manchester United above Celtic for size and global appeal, any day - also Liverpool above Rangers.
    Both Celtic and Rangers draw support throughout the world from expats as well as those that claim to trace their roots back to Scottish/Irish heritage.
    A club like Manchester United has a following from Africa to Asia and throughout, it is a truly global football club.

Way out of his depth in the Premier League. Should have been relieved of his duties once promotion had been achieved. Tan and his mates will always regret not acting sooner.

In my opinion, if they started in the National League, it might take them ten or fifteen years to reach the Premier. And even then, they'd struggle. It's not as easy as it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    In my opinion, if they started in the National League, it might take them ten or fifteen years to reach the Premier. And even then, they'd struggle. It's not as easy as it looks.
    It would be a recipe for disaster if they were to be put in the National League. Those clubs at that level just wouldn't have the infrastructure/facilities to cope with the hordes of Scottish supporters descending on their sleepy little towns.

But did he fist pump?