+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Medical Emergency". Play suspended

"Medical Emergency". Play suspended

I've no wish to cast doubt on the often serious nature of an ill spectator, but the latest decision by the PL & EFL to stop play - even taking players off the pitch - whilst someone is being attended to baffles me. It now happens evry week somewhere. It's never been an issue as far as know, and God forbid if I ever needed medical help, but the last thing I'd want is 20,000 pairs of eyes staring at me.

Re: "Medical Emergency". Play suspended

Two today already
    I wonder if it’s the stress of being back in stadiums, after such a long break.

I know crowds have been back a while, but could the lockdowns, increased stress in some spectators

The anti vax crowd are having a field day at the moment. Relating all to the vaccines

I'm watching with the sound turned down and wondered what the hell was happening. Fulham were frighteningly good for the first 15 minutes or so. Players coming back out now.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm watching with the sound turned down and wondered what the hell was happening. Fulham were frighteningly good for the first 15 minutes or so. Players coming back out now.
    I wonder which of the Fulham players performed CPR on the poor bugger who had a clutcher?

I think play is stopped because if the medical staff are treating a spectator, then they're not available to treat any players should they need attention during play.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    The anti vax crowd are having a field day at the moment. Relating all to the vaccines
    Meanwhile, a huge percentage of the people that actually die of covid today will be unvaccinated.

the live text on the bbc just stops when the play in both games stopped and starts again when play restarted no mention of why, conspiracy loves a vacuum

The anti vax crowd are having a feel day at the moment. Relating all to the vaccines
    FYP

My Mrs collapsed in local workmens club.They carried on with the bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post

As a disclaimer - I sincerely hope that she didn't.

Did you have to do both books?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think play is stopped because if the medical staff are treating a spectator, then they're not available to treat any players should they need attention during play.
    They just used to ask if there was a doctor in the crowd.

D—————— O—————..........number 9

Correct

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I've no wish to cast doubt on the often serious nature of an ill spectator, but the latest decision by the PL & EFL to stop play - even taking players off the pitch - whilst someone is being attended to baffles me. It now happens evry week somewhere. It's never been an issue as far as know, and God forbid if I ever needed medical help, but the last thing I'd want is 20,000 pairs of eyes staring at me.
    I agree. Seems OTT to me and not the best way to deal with it.

Aye, the ones not clogging up our Hospitals are.

If this is true then the obvious response to which is that a sport which can pay bang average reserves £50,000 a week could perhaps employ a few more matchday medics?

fulham fan dies of heart attack at todays game .RIP

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...80#source=push

judging by report they stopped play as OP mention seems to be happening alot these days

RIP to the fan, did these medical emergencies happen at games as often and weren't noticed as much because the game didn't stop I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    If this is true then the obvious response to which is that a sport which can pay bang average reserves £50,000 a week could perhaps employ a few more matchday medics?
    Decent observation there butt.

I’m asking the question, are ther any defibrillators at CCS? Are any of the stewards trained in CPR? At any ground? I’m not just thinking of spectators, the Christian Erikkson emergency for instance.

Do St. John’s Ambulance Brigades still attend the games?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Decent observation there butt.

I’m asking the question, are ther any defibrillators at CCS? Are any of the stewards trained in CPR? At any ground? I’m not just thinking of spectators, the Christian Erikkson emergency for instance.

Do St. John’s Ambulance Brigades still attend the games?
    There will almost certainly be numerous defibs at the ground. Id love to see football clubs donate more to communities given the high profile incidences in football.

The medical facilities at most grounds are very good - certainly at the Millennium Stadium they are

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    fulham fan dies of heart attack at todays game .RIP

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...80#source=push

judging by report they stopped play as OP mention seems to be happening alot these days
    I was watching the game and the commentators quickly picked up on what was happening - even saying that the goalkeeper had alerted the medical staff about the emergency.