+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: Wales 3 - 1 Belgium. Wales into the semi finals

Re: FT: Wales 3 - 1 Belgium. Wales into the semi finals

What a night. Had my Mates wedding the next day and it’s safe to say a lot of people were worse for wear but in a celebratory mood. Will never forget that victory, surpasses every sporting memory I’ve ever had.

I was watching the game at home with my lad. My wife had gone to friends that evening as she knew we would be unbearable watching the game. When HRK put us 2-1 up someone was knocking loudly at the front door. It was our next door neighbour Cath who is English jumping up and down with excitement.

My wife rang me from our friends a little later pretending not to know what the final score was. She wanted to hear me tell her.
    Without doubt the greatest night in Welsh football history and I’m in tears now just running through this thread and posting this.

Watched it in the London Welsh Centre, the atmosphere was like an away end in there that night. I didn’t celebrate Vokes’ header, I just stood there smiling and shaking my head. Those five minutes afterwards where you just knew we’d done it. God, what a feeling.

Called my dad outside, as people celebrated with passing cars beeping in acknowledgement. One of the first football games he took me to was against Romania in ‘93 (and we all know how that ended), the mix of emotions as we talked was a little overwhelming - euphoria, pride, nostalgia, sadness, etc.

If I could take one game of football with me when it’s my time to go it’s this. So glad that I got to witness it.

I was there behind the goal where Hal and Vokes scored. Best game of football I’ve attended but can’t remember much after we got back into the centre of Lille. Gonna read this thread now to bring it all back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Watched it in the London Welsh Centre, the atmosphere was like an away end in there that night. I didn’t celebrate Vokes’ header, I just stood there smiling and shaking my head. Those five minutes afterwards where you just knew we’d done it. God, what a feeling.

Called my dad outside, as people celebrated with passing cars beeping in acknowledgement. One of the first football games he took me to was against Romania in ‘93 (and we all know how that ended), the mix of emotions as we talked was a little overwhelming - euphoria, pride, nostalgia, sadness, etc.

If I could take one game of football with me when it’s my time to go it’s this. So glad that I got to witness it.

I rang my dad too

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post

I was there that night at the Welsh Centre, and rang my Dad outside too. Getting goosebumps just thinking about it again now.

I went to all the group games in France as my cousin got tickets in the ballot, but we came home after the Russia game. All I'd gotten myself in the original ticket ballot was a voucher for the semi final if Wales got there...I never in a million years thought I'd get to use it. I remember walking home from the Welsh Centre just elated, incredibly happy. Everything seemed worth it in that moment.

Great read, was top tier behind the goal and probably the best game I've ever been too, think it tops anything Cardiff related tbh. Was like an away game and outnumbered 10 to 1 in Lille as well as the stadium. Absolute chaos for all 3 goals. Stayed in the stadium for about half an hour afterwards celebrating/taking it all in and walked outside to a pub about 100 yards away that was full of welsh fans. The person behind the bar let a fan put his spotify on and it was 3 or 4 hours of drinking, celebrating and singing with Welsh songs being pumped out in the backdrop of the stadium until 4 in the morning. Can't see it ever being beaten.

Reading the thread back reminds me how gutting it was for Ramsey, and Davies. The two yellow card rule is a waste of time.