+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: Buying Iphone 6 handset advise (new/refurbish?)

OT: Buying Iphone 6 handset advise (new/refurbish?)

Hi In the market for an upgrade on my Iphone 5, Going for for the Iphone 6 or above but never bought a handset before always had contracts in the past, but happy with my sim only plan at the moment.

So far I have seen a refurbished handset 'like new' iphone 6 from Argos for £395.

Before I part with cash am I missing any tricks? Is it worth paying extra to get brand new. Are their cheaper places but still offer a good warranty like Argos do?

Is the 6s considerably better and worth getting that instead?

And yes I want Iphone not android, just suits me with having a mac, and all my Itunes ect sinced up and I am used to it.

cheers

Re: OT: Buying Iphone 6 handset advise (new/refurbish?)

new iPhone 7 out in september. Prices will invariably drop on older devices at that point. Regardless if you don't go for the iPhone 7.

I know you stated you were not interested in android, however i just made the move from iPhone 6 to the One Plus 3. Took a bit of using diff apps for diff things but its certainly do able. I think the only thing i miss is the iMessage integration on the iPad / mac etc. Hope this helps.

I had what I suppose you would call a "sim only" plan for years. Tried to get an iPhone 6, but it was almost $800 without a contract. My old plan was $60 a month. Anyway, ended up getting a contract for the first time in about 15 years. Now I pay $75 and I have a brand new (and insured) iPhone 6, and I can upgrade to the 7 when it comes out.

So my advice would be to get a contract

I get the new iPhone every time it comes out. It costs me between £200-£300 per year in the difference between the new phone and the one I sell and for that I get the latest version phone, the cheaper sim only contract, 12 months warranty on new phone and no 2 year ties!

Definetly worth waiting for the 7 to come out though before buying as all prices will be effected

Btw you can have my 6S plus 64gb for £500

my daughter is after a 5 SE ( are they the new one's with the 6 insides but the size of the 5 ? ? ? )

she is holding out for it for Christmas, we have said if she saves a few quid we might get it for her, though she is looking at a contract of £ 30 a month, which personally i think is a waste, as she had a £7.50 a month one now, enough text and talk time ( nut no data ) bu she can always find a free wifi if she is out and about, at home it is all wifi anyways

we all have refurb 5's and i must admit, when they arrived they all looked brand new, most put screen savers on and have cases for them, the only downside to one of them was that the battery life was crap, but we paid £ 30 and had a new battery fitted ( and its great now ), i did fit a new one myself, but the battery was duff, so i just took it into a shop and they did it, 6 months warranty on it aswell

so dont rule out a refurb, as they have worked great for us