+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: French strikes

French strikes

Just had a text. French air traffic controllers on strike again. Cancelled my flight along with hundreds of others tomorrow . Ryanair and easy jet affected among others!
    Second time in twelve months this has happened to me, the bastards.

Re: Those ****ing French ***** have done it again!!

Fookssake.

Our train to Bordeaux was cancelled but we got sorted. Are they switching you to another flight?

Doesn't look like it.

When I had flights cancelled (french strikes again), Easyjet allowed us to book another flight for free. You should be allowed to do the same. Availability will be an issue though.

That's the problem. Everything booked.

I,be just experienced outward and inward flight delays from easy jet and to be fair, they couldn't,t agree on their own stories the reasons behind the delay, messages to my phone via their app was saying, air traffic control, the pilot said that the initial plane had a technical issue and that they had to get a replacement aircraft he did re assure everyone that the replacement was fine ��, did appear yesterday at Prague airport that all flights were running late on leavings with repeated messages over the tannoy about delays.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    That's the problem. Everything booked.
    What I had to do was use my free flight to somewhere else and book a connecting flight. So could you look at flying to an airport that connects with Lyon, use your free flight for the expensive flight, and then pay for the cheaper section.

I had a wedding to go to, found out 8 hrs before my flight, no flights would get us to the wedding in-time so booked a connecting flight via Geneva. Our strike ended at 8pm, so could get a flight later in the day.

Useskyscanner to see where you could fly to.

https://www.skyscanner.net/inspire/m...riptype=return

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    What I had to do was use my free flight to somewhere else and book a connecting flight. So could you look at flying to an airport that connects with Lyon, use your free flight for the expensive flight, and then pay for the cheaper section.

I had a wedding to go to, found out 8 hrs before my flight, no flights would get us to the wedding in-time so booked a connecting flight via Geneva. Our strike ended at 8pm, so could get a flight later in the day.

Useskyscanner to see where you could fly to.

https://www.skyscanner.net/inspire/m...riptype=return
    Good shout. They fly into Grenoble too which is quite close by and probably a shortish train journey. Worth a look if no chance of flying directly into Lyon.

Flying into Geneva should be easy to get to Lyon.

13th strike in 14 weeks.

Airlines want to set up a Europe-wide air traffic control to curb these French disruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Flying into Geneva should be easy to get to Lyon.
    Flying anywhere across the Channel at the moment is hinged with uncertainty unless you are flying outside French Air Traffic Control jurisdiction