+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lyon

Lyon

I've just arrived after a relaxing journey by train. What a beautiful city. I'm staying in the old town - there are a few fellow Welsh here already. There are loads of pubs and restaurants in this ancient quarter. Kebabs are the late night food of choice, so I'm off to get one. Allez less rouges!

Re: Lyon

One of my favourite cities, down by the river Rhone there's a load of moored up boats where you can drink, great atmosphere on them too.

The cathedral is definitely worth a look inside too and there's a great riverside bar on the soane over looking the Roman church up on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    One of my favourite cities, down by the river Rhone there's a load of moored up boats where you can drink, great atmosphere on them too.

The cathedral is definitely worth a look inside too and there's a great riverside bar on the soane over looking the Roman church up on the hill.
    Thanks for the tips. I will check the cathedral out tomorrow

If you have time get the fenicular train up the hill near the cathedral, amazing views from up there and the Roman church is really worth seeing too

Hi, Does anyone know where/what pubs will be the base for pints before the match on Wedensday?

Quote Originally Posted by JonasH View Post
    Hi, Does anyone know where/what pubs will be the base for pints before the match on Wedensday?
    Lyon is a huge city, there are hundreds of pubs and bars. I'd guess that there will be tens of thousands of Wales fans in Lyon so all of the central watering holes should be busy pre-match

Lyon is the gastronomical capital of France

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Lyon is a huge city, there are hundreds of pubs and bars. I'd guess that there will be tens of thousands of Wales fans in Lyon so all of the central watering holes should be busy pre-match
    I was there for Ireland France and load of Irish and French fans were drinking in the streets outside the fan zone in bellacore

The recent TV Series "The Disappearance" was base in Lyon. Looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Great, thanks for your reply. The reason I was asking is because it looks like the stadium is placed east of the city, like 30 minutes with public transport. And the fan zone area is south west. But good to know that it sounds like people will start the day in the city centre.

Unies you have to collect tickets don't fer to the Stadium too early as the city centre is much better

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Unies you have to collect tickets don't fer to the Stadium too early as the city centre is much better
    I collected my ticket today and the stadium is one hell of a trek from central Lyon. There is very little in the stadium's vicinity apart from a McDonald's and a kebab cafe. Central Lyon is great for drinking/eating so I'd recommend staying in the city centre until early evening