+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paris

Paris

Where was everyone drinking / gathering for the Northern Ireland game?
    Can't afford a ticket for the final so will be watching in a bar somewhere should we make it.

Got a couple of cheap hotel options down south of Paris (yes i know stadium is North but I won't be going to the stadium) but trying to work out where the fans will be heading

Re: Paris

I'd honesty watch it at the Eiffel Tower fan zone, great central location and the atmosphere should be great. There's no fan zone at the stadium.

Metro is really cheap in Paris and really easy to get around. Citymapper is the app worth having to tel you exactly how I get everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I'd honesty watch it at the Eiffel Tower fan zone, great central location and the atmosphere should be great. There's no fan zone at the stadium.

Metro is really cheap in Paris and really easy to get around. Citymapper is the app worth having to tel you exactly how I get everywhere.
    This ^^^^^^ Paris is so big that everyone's spread out. The fanzone is great. Mind you if France are in the final it's going to be heaving.

Also going over for the final, christ you can only hope we get there, best weekend of our lives. However, the French or the possible mass German occupation of Paris (again) should make it a great atmosphere even if we don't get there. Can't wait. Eiffel Tower fanzone is where I'll be heading.

Cheers

Paris does look ****ing huge. Found an Ibis 60 quid for triple room same side of river as Eiffel Tower so might just pay for it and if we don't make the final we've only lost 20 quid each.

Even if we don't make it to the final you will still have a great experience in that fan zone.

We were all in a bar near the Parc Des Princes called the Aux Trois Obus on the day of the game and it was buzzing but the final is in the Stade de France so it's miles away.
    The only problem with Paris was that it's like London so fans are scattered everywhere. I watched the Ireland vs France game in the Eiffel tower fan zone and it was a good crack

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Even if we don't make it to the final you will still have a great experience in that fan zone.
    I'm not going out if we don't make it I've already been out to once so I've had the experience. im only making the effort again if we get to the final.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    We were all in a bar near the Parc Des Princes called the Aux Trois Obus on the day of the game and it was buzzing but the final is in the Stade de France so it's miles away.
    The only problem with Paris was that it's like London so fans are scattered everywhere. I watched the Ireland vs France game in the Eiffel tower fan zone and it was a good crack
    How easy to get a beer in that fan zone mate and how expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Cheers

Paris does look ****ing huge. Found an Ibis 60 quid for triple room same side of river as Eiffel Tower so might just pay for it and if we don't make the final we've only lost 20 quid each.
    stayed in a Premiere Class Hotel last weekend. The one at Gennevilliers, actually quite close to Stade De France. looked at it for this weekend and it was 30 quid for a twin room. clean, comfortable and a great breakfast for a fiver.

I'd head towards the ground or fanzone otherwise you'll barely notice there is anything going on.

The fanzone is a bit of a pain in the arse where you need to put everything on a card and I think the beer was about 7.50 euros although may've been 6.50.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    How easy to get a beer in that fan zone mate and how expensive?
    It was awkward as **** from what I can remember. You had to buy a plastic cup and if you didn't want to use your card you had to queue to exchange you money for tokens!

I think it was 6.50 euros and it was quite busy but France were playing so it probably wouldn't be that busy if Germany got through