+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting EU talk with Yanis Varoufakis & Noam Chomsky

Interesting EU talk with Yanis Varoufakis & Noam Chomsky

Quite long but worth the effort.

Re: Interesting EU talk with Yanis Varoufakis & Noam Chomsky

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    So basically it is the EU fault for lending Greece money in the first place and then demanding it back at interest levels that meant it would never be paid back due to the fact that Greece doesnt earn enough money to pay it back.

Isn't that the same trick Hammam played on us ?

As for Greece - Yanis said that he didnt want the bailout from the EU - I'm guessing that would mean Greece goes bust - and the debt be wiped off - did I miss something ?
    Possibly what a mess the EU is in it's current form, the Euro is in a precarious state, and it's long-term overreaching ambitions. I think everybody should know this level of detail before they go marching through London, starting petitions, or castigating others for how they voted. Yanis said his hope is to change the EU from within, but that is never going to happen within a million years (it's run by the bankers), and the Troika have plans to visit all members!

Regarding Greece they wanted to negotiate the debt, but that option wasn't on the table, and their PM blinked first and capitulated.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 05-07-16 at 17:30.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    ... Isn't that the same trick Hammam played on us ?

Blue in the Face

This talk was great. Thanks for posting. I learnt so much.

I was quite surprised to see another video with this title as Varoufakis came across as very Euro-sceptical. So I'm very much interested to see this next...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    This talk was great. Thanks for posting. I learnt so much.

I was quite surprised to see another video with this title as Varoufakis came across as very Euro-sceptical. So I'm very much interested to see this next...
    I enjoyed that I understand why he says change the EU from within, which was also Corbyn's position during the referendum, but I believe the EU is beyond saving. From the very beginning in the 50's they have always had a stealth agenda, and I can't see them easily handing over power and control. Now we learn the whole thing is run by the EU Workgroup, which doesn't officially exist, and is accountable to no one. I'm not against a European cooperation and trade, but they are taking it too far with the Superstate and expanding into Asia. This does not benefit the common person, only the multi-nationals and the banks, etc. In my opinion it all needs dismantling, and starting over again.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 07-07-16 at 17:38.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I enjoyed that I understand why he says change the EU from within, which was also Corbyn's position during the referendum, but I believe the EU is beyond saving. From the very beginning in the 50's they have always had a stealth agenda, and I can't see them easily handing over power and control. Now we learn the whole thing is run by the EU Workgroup, which doesn't officially exist, and is accountable to no one. I'm not against a European cooperation and trade, but they are taking it too far with the Superstate and expanding into Asia. This does not benefit the common person, only the multi-nationals and the banks, etc. In my opinion it all needs dismantling, and starting over again.
    Forget that bit

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Forget that bit
    Start again as a common market, without the Bilderbergers and the IMF pulling the strings
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 07-07-16 at 17:59.

Blog Entries

Start again as a common market, without the Bilderbergers and the IMF pulling the strings
    Sod that, I'm joining UBUNTU
    http://www.ubuntuparty.org.za/p/about.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Sod that, I'm joining UBUNTU
    http://www.ubuntuparty.org.za/p/about.html
    tl:dr

Blog Entries

tl:dr
    Eh?