+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Italian player at City

Italian player at City

My mate was on holiday in Italy last month and bumped into a waiter who said he played for City, but his career was finished by a bad injury. He forgot to ask the guy's name and was wondering who it was. My first thought was Andrea Ferretti, but he's apparently still playing for Pavia and is only 29. This bloke was in his late thirties, my man thought. I've gone through all the City squads in the 1990s on worldfootball.net and there's no sign. I'm guessing - especially as Macheda is the only other Italian I can recall playing for us (or at least pretending to) - that this fella must have been in the youth team or reserves and never made the first team.
    Any ideas?

Re: Italian player at City

Mirko Bolesan? He's 41 now.

Made 1 substitute appearance when he came on for our Del.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Pathila View Post
    My mate was on holiday in Italy last month and bumped into a waiter who said he played for City, but his career was finished by a bad injury. He forgot to ask the guy's name and was wondering who it was. My first thought was Andrea Ferretti, but he's apparently still playing for Pavia and is only 29. This bloke was in his late thirties, my man thought. I've gone through all the City squads in the 1990s on worldfootball.net and there's no sign. I'm guessing - especially as Macheda is the only other Italian I can recall playing for us (or at least pretending to) - that this fella must have been in the youth team or reserves and never made the first team.
    Any ideas?
    Could he have been one of the two Italians that Kenny Hibbert signed on loan, during his reign of terror? Sometime around 95 or 96. I think both made a sub appearance each? I remember one of them running around like a headless chicken when brought on...

Sounds like it might be Bolesan. Anyone got a pic of him to show my mate?

Blue in the Face

Tito Taffino?

Was it Tarki Micallefii ?

Bolesan looked a bit like Gene Wilder, if memory serves?