+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Car / very low Car Tax

Re: New Car / very low Car Tax

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I'm on the look out for a new motor, I heard recently that these new 'smart cars' either have zero car tax or about £20 car tax.

Does anyone here have a car that is only £20 a year car tax - and if so what make / model and would you recommend one ?
    Toyota Aygo. Zero Tax

Brilliant cars . Might have one for sale in a minute too

I had a Pug 107 and it was zero tax, same as the C1

my 107 was 4 door and had aircon, nice enough little car, just too small for a family of 4, though we got by with it for 3 years, the boot takes 3 bags of shopping and thats it

we did take it to france ( disneyland paris ) and managed to get all our clothes in it for the week ( aswell as 24 bottles of water and 24 bottles of pop, the small ones, as we are cheapskates and didnt want to buy a bottle of water in disney for 4 quid ) , so as i said, its manageable

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

my 107 was 4 door and had aircon, nice enough little car, just too small for a family of 4, though we got by with it for 3 years, the boot takes 3 bags of shopping and thats it

we did take it to france ( disneyland paris ) and managed to get all our clothes in it for the week ( aswell as 24 bottles of water and 24 bottles of pop, the small ones, as we are cheapskates and didnt want to buy a bottle of water in disney for 4 quid ) , so as i said, its manageable
    Bloody hell! You should be in the Guinness book for records for that. My mum has got a 107 and to get all that lot in is pretty impressive.

I have a Volvo v50 diesel that is zero tax. Nice car , the only downside is the radio keeps retuning itself to radio 2.
    But then I suppose that's my own fault for buying a Volvo.

That new Citroen cactus might be eorth looking at

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Bloody hell! You should be in the Guinness book for records for that. My mum has got a 107 and to get all that lot in is pretty impressive.
    They only wore one set of clothes the whole time.

I had a Pug 100

Suzuki swift £30 tax. Very good on petrol. Bear in mind that all new cars sold from I think next year will all have a flare rate of tax of about £140 regardless of emissions.

I've got a 1-0L ECO Ford Fiesta zero tax,for size of engine good acceleration and speed

Have just got rid of a Xsara Picasso - £220 tax a year and less than 35mpg and bought a VW Up!. £20 tax a year and up to 60mpg.

I'm saving about £30 a month on fuel and £17 a month on tax - no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    i thank you

we even had a cool box aswell in the boot ( though some of the bottles were in the cool box

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    They only wore one set of clothes the whole time.
    to be fair, it was nice and warm and we only took shorts and T-shirts, managed to cram all out clothes in a big holdall which all but filled the bot

BMW 320dED (Efficient Dynamics) version ....£20 tax, lots of MPG.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Have just got rid of a Xsara Picasso - £220 tax a year and less than 35mpg and bought a VW Up!. £20 tax a year and up to 60mpg.

I'm saving about £30 a month on fuel and £17 a month on tax - no brainer.
    Ah so its gone..

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I got a fitted kitchen (flatpack) plus the worktops in the back of a mini metro once, had the tailgate open and the worktops stuck out the back about six feet. Also once had five 8x4 plasterboards on the roof of a citroen saxo, when I arrived at the job in Llanederyn there was only half a plasterboard left on the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    If these new car tax rules come into place next though - wont that mean your tax will be back to £145 ?
    No, as far as I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    I got a fitted kitchen (flatpack) plus the worktops in the back of a mini metro once, had the tailgate open and the worktops stuck out the back about six feet. Also once had five 8x4 plasterboards on the roof of a citroen saxo, when I arrived at the job in Llanederyn there was only half a plasterboard left on the roof.
    I once got a 2 adults, a toddler a 6 man tent, a load of camping paraphernalia, clothes for a week for all of us and a pushchair and high chair into my wife's Nissan Micra.
    When we were packing it away a crowd of people gathered to watch, as they thought there was no way we would get it all in.
    The poor kid was basically buried in luggage for the journey home though.