+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone else?

Richyrich

Anyone else?

Really depressed?

I know we over achieved and it's been an amazing tourney but still, it hurts like ****.

No wonder England fans are a load of bitter bastards, how do they put up with this every 2 years and they usually always under achieve?

Re: Anyone else?

Proud as can be, realistically there's a good chance we may never seen Wales in a semi final again, and that's what I'm taking it as. That Belgium game was absolute magic.

My 6 year old son burst into tears this morning when I told him the result

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    My 6 year old son burst into tears this morning when I told him the result
    Didn't you let him stay up late to watch it?

Not really that sad at all, just proud. That Belgium game will live with me for the rest of my life

Casual's depressed, he didn't get any Budweiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Really depressed?

I know we over achieved and it's been an amazing tourney but still, it hurts like ****.

No wonder England fans are a load of bitter bastards, how do they put up with this every 2 years and they usually always under achieve?
    Yeah its wierd. Add to this the fact I lost my phone and been offline for 2 days (seemed like an eternity) and only just got a pretty poor replacement!

Of course we can take some solace in the fact that we have gone one better than the '58 QF and the media will hopefully put that one to bed!

Also that we are the most successful of the home countries in the last 20 years at major tournaments and I cannot see that changing for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I was told off this morning by my daughters teacher, no nothing to do with taking her out of school in term time

she said " I hope Bella didnt stay up till the end of the game last night ", i laughed and said " of course she did " she has done me proud these last few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Hell no, he would have been a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    You still got your red scarf?

Just depressed it's over and that the next 2 tournaments won't be in as great a location.

I can't think of many better countries than France to go to to watch Wales either, it's perfect; easy to get to and not too far, great cities, great atmosphere.

Can't think of another country I'd like to go to more. USA would be great I suppose. Not Russia or Qatar though!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Just depressed it's over and that the next 2 tournaments won't be in as great a location.

I can't think of many better countries than France to go to to watch Wales either, it's perfect; easy to get to and not too far, great cities, great atmosphere.

Can't think of another country I'd like to go to more. USA would be great I suppose. Not Russia or Qatar though!
    I am intrigued by Qater, really do not see how they will cope with it all, can you imagine people throwing around plastic chairs in Qatar ? ??

They don't even have one stadium yet or a underground which they're only just planning.

Also the size of the country means everyone will be a lot closer, a lot more potential for trouble.

And the fact everything will be built by slaves doesn't give it a good start.

It was 5 scarves actually but they were of nice mr tan

not them any more I'm a true blue now :)))))))

Wouldn't mind going to Russia, St.Petersburg looks lovely.

Dissapointed that's all. I feel it was just a game too far for our limited squad, i'm annoyed with myself for not going to any of the games but other circumstances have had to take precedence.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post

I'm over it. Went out and drank 9/10 pints of Coors and had a kebab on the way.

**** Budweiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Euro 2020 could be good and will be at the time of Bale and Ramseys peak, don't fancy Saint Petersburg or Baku bet everwhere else looks good.

Final and semi-finals: London (England)
    Quarter-finals and group stage: Munich (Germany), Baku (Azerbaijan), Saint Petersburg (Russia), Rome (Italy)
    Round of 16 and group stage: Copenhagen (Denmark), Bucharest (Romania), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Dublin (Republic of Ireland), Bilbao (Spain), Budapest (Hungary), Brussels (Belgium), Glasgow (Scotland)
    Of the 13 selected cities, eight have never hosted a European Championship tournament game before: Baku, Saint Petersburg, Copenhagen, Bucharest, Dublin, Bilbao, Budapest and Glasgow.
    Of the 13 selected countries, seven have never hosted a Euro finals game before: Azerbaijan, Denmark, Hungary, Romania, Republic of Ireland, Russia and Scotland.
    Of the 13 selected stadia, only two have hosted a Euro finals game before: the Stadio Olimpico and the Amsterdam Arena. The original Wembley stadium hosted games and the final in Euro 1996, but although on the same site, this is classified as a different stadium to the current Wembley Stadium.

Think it's natural to be down, ofcourse it wad great to be in the tournament and amazing to get this far but there was no reason why we couldn't then go further. It's the hope that gets you but I would rather feel this way than to not have experienced it.

I just hope we get a habit for qualifying. Other sad point of course is we are unlikely to get so far again.

Just that slight nagging thought that we could really have reached the final. Perhaps with Rambo and a little bit of luck. Might have been a bit easier to have been thumped by the Germans.

But what a 3 weeks it was. Glad all the excitement is finally over in some ways.

Coleman said we've added to the competition. I thought that was a great way to put it. On and off the field we've made a real impact.
    Last edited by Baloo; 07-07-16 at 16:44.

Feedback

am i down about the result - yes of course. but im more gutted our euro adventure is over if that makes sense

the past month has been nothing short of monumental. the best football experience i have ever had. so many memories, such great football. ramsey is the player of the tournament.

Not really. I dreamed of us lifting the trophy but ..... we've been well treated over the past month. Very proud and ready to welcome our 'heroes' home in party style tomorrow.