+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tory party leadership race

Re: Tory party leadership race

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I doubt whether anyone would describe Denis Healey as a conspiracy nutcase. Here's what he wrote: 'World events do not occur by accident. They are made to happen, whether it is to do with national issues or commerce; and most of them are staged and managed by those who hold the purse strings.' As he was a co-founder of the Bilderberg Group, one might say he was extremely well informed.

George Carlin was even more blunt - “Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you."

He was talking of the USA but the same applies here. Those remarks were made in this five-minute video, The American Dream
    So true, critical thinking is essential to make sense of the world. There is so much literature available regarding control techniques that people could easily educate themselves. Maybe then their thoughts wouldn't mirror those of the BBC and other well known media corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    "This is the worst and most useless Government I can ever recall"

Are you seriously telling us you cant recall other 'useless' Govts ? - are you 16 years old ?
    I'm sixty not sixteen and I can remember some useless Governments, but I can't remember a more useless one than this one. They've made a complete and utterly balls up of running the country in the last year and yet, at the moment, it's looking as if they can expect to be in Government for a spell which could be as long as the eighteen years they had when they were last in power - truly incredible, and more proof of the old "don't be good, be lucky" adage.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Exactly.

This forum seems to be the home of conspiracy theorists now - but if there's a choice of explanation between 'cock up' and 'conspiracy' the answer (in my experience) is nearly always 'cock up'.

The Brexiteers didn't expect to win, had no plan, didn't want to be responsible for the mess, and ran away.
    This has been just about the biggest political cock up of my lifetime. We only had a referendum in the first place because Cameron believed he could get a result which would give his party s few years respite from the divisions over Europe which had plagued it for decades. He and his fellow remainers then gave an electorate crying out to be given the factual information they lacked a series of truly ludicrous claims about the consequences of a leave vote, while the leave side, essentially, just kept on banging on about immigration - the results were predictable.

The one serious contender to take over from Cameron on the remain side (Gideon) had already virtually ruled himself out of contention with schoolboy political errors which forced him into an embarrassing climbdowns on tax credit and disability benefits cuts, but the rubbish he came out with during the campaign truly cooked his goose. So, the path was clear for the new Prime Minister to come from one of the high profile figures who "masterminded" the win for the Leave team, but, what did we get instead? A series of decisions and reactions, which would have been hilarious if the consequences of them were not so serious, that managed to rule them all out of contention.

So, now we are left with someone who is said to be "a safe pair of hands" in charge when the truth is that she's just about the only realistic candidate left who hasn't made a complete fool of themselves..........yet!

Of course, this safe pair of hands is not fully trusted by the EU obsessed head bangers on the tory right, so, in a way, the Conservative Party are back where they were with Cameron in charge and the country have been put through a very divisive and bitter few months which will have a huge influence on who and what we become for nothing. The old wounds are still there (in fact they're worse now than they were), the UK could well break up and the official opposition is tearing itself to pieces - oh yes, this was a cock up and a spectacular one at that.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 13-07-16 at 06:36.

Bob did you miss the Iraq war, tuition fees, reckless spending by Gordon Brown, the Thatcher years, the 3 day week with everyone on strike every other week, maybe you missed the 'End of Boom and Bust' as well.

UK Govts can easilly be summed up as follows -
    Boom - Bust - Tax and spend - fix the damage get voted out - then rinse and repeat
    As I said, I've seen useless Governments before (tuition fees were the single thing which got me to change my vote from Labour for the first time in my life in 2001 and the Major Government from 1992-97 didn't have much going for it), but I've not seen anything to rival the last few months - other parties have played their part in creating the current shambles, but it's been mainly down to the tories who, amazingly, are still the closest thing we have to a "natural party of Government" these days.

If we had as much social media and easy communication back in the 1970's - I think we would have remembered those times with much greater clarity.

I agree though "multi omni shambles" at the moment - a perfect storm of shit in all directions
    Sometimes a single new word captures an event or moment perfectly.

'Omnishambles' was one of the best.

The one I saw last week was even better: 'clusterf**k'! That is what happened to the UK, the EU and beyond.