+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tory party leadership race

Tory party leadership race

Weird to think that we left the EU due to part of it being unelected and now are going to have 4'ish years of an unelected PM, especially after the fuss that was kicked up when Gordon Brown tried it.

I guess the only question you have to ask is whether this is Cruz and Trump or Hilary and Trump - it certainly isn't '08 Obama or even '12 Obama.

May sounds like the sensible choice but her attacks on civil liberties time after time really suggests she isn't: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...tory-candidate

Re: Tory party leadership race

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Weird to think that we left the EU due to part of it being unelected and now are going to have 4'ish years of an unelected PM, especially after the fuss that was kicked up when Gordon Brown tried it.

I guess the only question you have to ask is whether this is Cruz and Trump or Hilary and Trump - it certainly isn't '08 Obama or even '12 Obama.

May sounds like the sensible choice but her attacks on civil liberties time after time really suggests she isn't: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...tory-candidate
    Well perhaps its time for a new broom, interestingly when we see a world seeking broader choices as their leaders , we see the Tories once again at the forefront of women's power , and Labour never really committing to that choice , one might argue "what liberty ?? ".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by herberthuw View Post
    Well perhaps its time for a new broom, interestingly when we see a world seeking broader choices as their leaders , we see the Tories once again at the forefront of women's power , and Labour never really committing to that choice , one might argue "what liberty ?? ".
    Women have liberty, perhaps none have been suitable in the past? I don't think they should hire women just because they are women.

Both seem a bit loopy, please can we bring back Dodgy Dave? At least we know he's only lying when he speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Women have liberty, perhaps none have been suitable in the past? I don't think they should hire women just because they are women.
    In my experience their have been some very capable Labour dedicated women MP's , the party simply did not select them , strangely they probably had more than the Tories on pure head count over the years.

Blog Entries

In my experience their have been some very capable Labour dedicated women MP's , the party simply did not select them , strangely they probably had more than the Tories on pure head count over the years.
    If a man and a woman go for a job like that and have exactly the same qualifications and are both suitable which would you choose?

If a man and a woman go for a job like that and have exactly the same qualifications and are both suitable which would you choose?
    The one with the lovely big round t ..

Ooops.
    No that's not right is it. Is it? .. no .. I was going to say qui .. ffs .. yes, qualifications .

Pheww .. I think I got away with that ..

A woman just for a refresh ,as the blokes have made a right pigs ear of it really

A woman just for a refresh ,as the blokes have made a right pigs ear of it really
    And pictures exist apparently.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    The one with the lovely big round t ..

Ooops.
    No that's not right is it. Is it? .. no .. I was going to say qui .. ffs .. yes, qualifications .

Pheww .. I think I got away with that ..
    If you take your mind off the boobs for a moment you will see I said they have exactly the same qualifications.

Out of interest, excluding your mum, how many women have you lived with?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Both seem a bit loopy, please can we bring back Dodgy Dave? At least we know he's only lying when he speaks.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36752865

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    And pictures exist apparently.
    There will be none of that once our "Matron" May takes over , she believes in the injustice of animals , and these lurid conversations /suggestions will be taken down from social networking sites .

Theresa May's pitch is getting very interesting. She is the Tory establishment candidate and the one with experience, but she doesn't appear to be playing it as safe as she could:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36760953

Outlining her plans to reform corporate governance, she will hit out at the way non-executive directors who are supposed to provide oversight of the way firms are run often come from the same "narrow social and professional circles" as the executive team and "the scrutiny they provide is just not good enough".

She will say: "So if I'm prime minister, we're going to change that system - and we're going to have not just consumers represented on company boards, but workers as well."

Outlining some of the social issues she wants to address, Mrs May will say: "Right now, if you're born poor, you will die on average nine years earlier than others.

"If you're black, you're treated more harshly by the criminal justice system than if you're white. If you're a white, working-class boy, you're less likely than anybody else to go to university. If you're at a state school, you're less likely to reach the top professions than if you're educated privately.

"If you're a woman, you still earn less than a man. If you suffer from mental health problems, there's too often not enough help to hand. If you're young, you'll find it harder than ever before to own your own home."

She will say that "fighting these injustices is not enough", and add: "If you're from a working-class family, life is just much harder than many people in politics realise."

"These are the reasons why, under my leadership, the Conservative Party will put itself - completely, absolutely, unequivocally - at the service of working people," Mrs May will add.

Carry on like that an Len McCluskey will be campaigning for her!

Seems like May is set to become PM without a grassroots vote. I love it when a plan comes together, this whole thing seems like an obvious setup, starting with May sitting on the fence during the referendum. What we are witnessing is the "Tory Plan B" that was formulated long before the referendum. Notice how conveniently all the Brexit campaigners fell by the wayside at key moments. It will be interesting to see what happens now.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 11-07-16 at 11:12.

Re: It's all over

What is it with Brexiters an their total lack of stomach to deal with the mess they've made?

Re: It's all over

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Ledsome just announced she cant win it - she only has 25% of MP support, we dont need 2 months of political petty arguments and nonsense divisive debates (take note Labour) the country, business and just about everybody wants the Govt to get on with it.

Listening to Angela Eagles speak - her speech was more about uniting her party rather more inward looking - which I guess she has to given the circumstances
    25% of MP support, but she was ahead with the grassroots supporters at local level, who are the ones who decide who is PM.

Incidentally, the local Conservative Associations don't like Theresa May much, hence they were never going to be allowed to vote on this issue.

Theresa May vows to put Conservatives 'at service' of working people

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36760953

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    What is it with Brexiters an their total lack of stomach to deal with the mess they've made?
    It's all scripted mate, everybody is just playing their part

I think it's a case of "Oh crap, we've won, I didn't see that happening, now what do we do? I know, let someone else sort it out"

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I think it's a case of "Oh crap, we've won, I didn't see that happening, now what do we do? I know, let someone else sort it out"
    This may be what the Tory press and the BBC want you to believe, but the vast majority of people on Twitter and other social media aren't buying it, they are calling it for exactly what it is - a stitch-up.

Here is one of the more friendly viewpoints ..

"Theresa May genuinely just won a leadership election by standing still and letting everyone else fall on the sword of their own ineptitude."

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Here is a conspiracy theory , Ledsome knows she cant win, so rather than annouce it this morning, she waits until May makes her first speech of the campaign - where she all things that Labour supporters want to here - tackling big business, corporation tax dodgers like Google, FaceBook etc , then May goes on to say that Brexit is Brexit and that is it - basically trying to win over all of the Ledsome supporters - then once May has done that - Ledsome announces ok - get on with - lets not waste any time.

If Ledsome had announced she wasnt going to contest first thing this morning then Theresa May would not have made that speech.

Meanwhile Angela Eagles seems to think she is more electable than Corbyn ...... so disappointed in Labour as an 'effective' opposition - Corbyb is effective as an opposition - but totally hopeless as a leader of his party.

Yet more crazy times from Westminster - meanwhile back in the WAG they are talking about the bus route closure from BrynMawr to Ebbw Vale.
    Ledsome knows she cant win? The local Conservative Associations would have put her in power, and that is why it is not being allowed to happen. They are all in on it

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    This may be what the Tory press and the BBC want you to believe, but the vast majority of people on Twitter and other social media aren't buying it, they are calling it for exactly what it is - a stitch-up.

Here is one of the more friendly viewpoints ..

"Theresa May genuinely just won a leadership election by standing still and letting everyone else fall on the sword of their own ineptitude."
    I'm not entirely sure they could've predicted the country voting 'Leave'.

I'm not entirely sure they could've predicted the country voting 'Leave'.
    I'm not talking about that, post-referendum the Brexiteers have been purposely falling on their swords, as per the Plan B