+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tory party leadership race

Re: Tory party leadership race

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Seems like May is set to become PM without a grassroots vote. I love it when a plan comes together, this whole thing seems like an obvious setup, starting with May sitting on the fence during the referendum. What we are witnessing is the "Tory Plan B" that was formulated long before the referendum. Notice how conveniently all the Brexit campaigners fell by the wayside at key moments. It will be interesting to see what happens now.
    What will happen now is something. And, no matter what it is, you will then say it was scripted and obvious all along.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

Out of interest, excluding your mum, how many women have you lived with?
    Does it take this long to add them all up?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What will happen now is something. And, no matter what it is, you will then say it was scripted and obvious all along.
    Here we go again, Professor Lardy speaks. No ideas of his own but plenty to say about others

Whatever happens next, you can be sure that May needed to be the PM to make it happen, hence the excellent fence-sitting job she did during the referendum. When fighting a battle you don't send all of your troops in at once, you keep some in reserve.

Now I can see why you don't visit this half of the message board very much, because you are a bit thick. Stick to the football trivia section

BTW I've been saying all along that May and the Tories are up to something. Bye tosser

Here we go again, Professor Lardy speaks. No ideas of his own but plenty to say about others

Whatever happens next, you can be sure that May needed to be the PM to make it happen, hence the excellent fence-sitting job she did during the referendum. When fighting a battle you don't send all of your troops in at once, you keep some in reserve.

Now I can see why you don't visit this half of the message board very much, because you are a bit thick. Stick to the football trivia section

BTW I've been saying all along that May and the Tories are up to something. Bye tosser
    Nice to see I can still get under your skin Gluey

I actually came back to partially defend what you're saying. The alternative to everything being scripted and part of the plan is that the people who are attempting to run the country have absolutely no clue what they're doing. It's probably a lot more reassuring to think that this is all supposed to happen.

I still find it hard to believe that someone like Boris would fall on his sword to help May become PM...

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Lardy

I'm a fecking genius in hindsight , I predicted all of this to my mates last week down the dog and duck, and then come on here to tell people about it.
    Do you think Brexit means Brexit?

Do you think Brexit means Brexit?
    trouble is when your wrong you get selective memory loss

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    trouble is when your wrong you get selective memory loss
    Bloody hell, they are all here, it's like the Wynford on a Saturday night!

Blog Entries

Bloody hell, they are all here, it's like the Wynford on a Saturday night!
    Full of slappers?

Full of slappers?
    Shady characters that suddenly come out of nowhere when they are in need of something

Well Im sure of this - she wouldnt have made that speech if she knew that Lansome was about to say she would not run.

She said Brexit means Brexit - which of course means NOTHING. The answer to the question is :-

Brexit means stay in the single market and accept totally free movement of people
    Brexit means come out completely and make our own rules up and then trade with the EU just like China, Australia, America, Japan etc
    Brexit means - some combination of the above

So the question means nothing.
    May had to make that speech regardless of Lansome, and really had no choice but play to the gallery. Even after she made that speech, social media was still full of negative comments about her.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 11-07-16 at 17:46.

This is the worst and most useless Government I can ever recall. Labour should have torn them to shreds.
    I agree May would not have come out with her Brexit means Brexit remark if she knew Leadsom was quitting the race. As for Leadsom she is pathetic. Jeremy Corbyn has had a year of non stop hassle from the press / media. She can't cope it with it for a couple of days.

Blog Entries

Shady characters that suddenly come out of nowhere when they are in need of something

I know a few

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This is the worst and most useless Government I can ever recall. Labour should have torn them to shreds.
    I agree May would not have come out with her Brexit means Brexit remark if she knew Leadsom was quitting the race. As for Leadsom she is pathetic. Jeremy Corbyn has had a year of non stop hassle from the press / media. She can't cope it with it for a couple of days.
    Hence why I was asking about the suitability of women in those positions but nobody bit, I fear May might have a hot flush and have us all shot.

I know a few
    Well they certainly weren't here to discuss the Tory party leadership race

May's problem was not Leadsom, the elephant in the room is the 52% of the electorate that voted Brexit. and are getting very impatient on social media platforms. The Brexit means Brexit comment was aimed at them, absolutely nothing to do with Leadsom.

No I disagree. This was all about appealing to the 150,000 Tory members. Apparently the Tory membership was 50/50 between May and Leadsom. May was trying to reach out to them especially as the party members are usually elderly and pro Brexit.
    She had to try and win some of these members from Leadsom.

No I disagree. This was all about appealing to the 150,000 Tory members. Apparently the Tory membership was 50/50 between May and Leadsom. May was trying to reach out to them especially as the party members are usually elderly and pro Brexit.
    She had to try and win some of these members from Leadsom.
    Exactly what I just said the elephant in the room is the 52% of the electorate that voted Brexit! And Leadsom would have won a vote by the local associations purely on the grounds that May is widely disliked at the grassroots level.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 11-07-16 at 20:00.

Blog Entries

I hate to break it to you but 'social media' aint the law bruv
    To cut a long story short, there was no fecking way that the plebs were going to have a say in which PM was going to be in charge of the Brexit.

It was already decided months ago, it would either be Cameron, or May as a contingency.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I think it's a case of "Oh crap, we've won, I didn't see that happening, now what do we do? I know, let someone else sort it out"
    Exactly.

This forum seems to be the home of conspiracy theorists now - but if there's a choice of explanation between 'cock up' and 'conspiracy' the answer (in my experience) is nearly always 'cock up'.

The Brexiteers didn't expect to win, had no plan, didn't want to be responsible for the mess, and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Exactly.

This forum seems to be the home of conspiracy theorists now - but if there's a choice of explanation between 'cock up' and 'conspiracy' the answer (in my experience) is nearly always 'cock up'.

The Brexiteers didn't expect to win, had no plan, didn't want to be responsible for the mess, and ran away.
    I agree the Brexiteers didn't expect to win, but I disagree that they didn't have a plan, when it is so obvious that they did.

It is well recognized that people who absorb everything the press and BBC throw at them suffer from cognitive dissonance, and quite frankly you'd have to be an idiot to believe the Tories didn't have a Plan B, given that the polls were so close.

I agree the Brexiteers didn't expect to win, but I disagree that they didn't have a plan, when it is so obvious that they did.

It is well recognized that people who absorb everything the press and BBC throw at them suffer from cognitive dissonance, and quite frankly you'd have to be an idiot to believe the Tories didn't have a Plan B, given that the polls were so close.
    Just to be clear, you're saying that everything that has happened in the last month or so was their Plan B?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Just to be clear, you're saying that everything that has happened in the last month or so was their Plan B?
    Yep, it's clear that the person who went walkabouts during the referendum was going to be PM in the case of a Brexit vote. Furthermore, she would have to do it without facing the local Conservative Associations, due to her unpopularity at the grassroots level.

Why such a series of events? Just watch what happens next

If your conspiracy theory is true - at least we can be safe in the knowledge that at least someone had a contingency should the referendum be lost. And that contingency was put in place, HOWEVER - I dont think the 'shadowy characters' could manage to get the whole tory party signed up to this and for them all to keep quiet about or no one find out about it.

Iain Duncan Smith yesterday - if you saw the look on his face - he was spitting feathers when Leadsome made that speech. So a contingency plan it may have been , but I dont believe for 1 second it was a plan form the start.
    conspiracy theory?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Exactly.

I doubt whether anyone would describe Denis Healey as a conspiracy nutcase. Here's what he wrote: 'World events do not occur by accident. They are made to happen, whether it is to do with national issues or commerce; and most of them are staged and managed by those who hold the purse strings.' As he was a co-founder of the Bilderberg Group, one might say he was extremely well informed.

George Carlin was even more blunt - “Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you."

He was talking of the USA but the same applies here. Those remarks were made in this five-minute video, The American Dream.