Zohore Signs

Re: Zohore Signs

Meh

3 year deal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    3 year deal!!
    Thought he improved during his spell here, should be better again with a pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Thought he improved during his spell here, should be better again with a pre season.
    I'm not overly negative on here but 3 years is generous, he didn't show that much!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I'm not overly negative on here but 3 years is generous, he didn't show that much!
    I am thinking Trollope saw enough to think he could , possibly make him into a Robson Kanu type player .....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I am thinking Trollope saw enough to think he could , possibly make him into a Robson Kanu type player .....
    I quite liked Zohore but he does need to be worked on. He's got more of the Gestede than Kanu about him...

Be interesting to see how he gets on with a preseason under his belt...

Good signing, i was impressed with him towards the end of last season. It will be interesting to see how we line up, will it be 2 up top with the other new giy, or are they competing for a lone striker role.

Should get Jon Beck in as manager with all these big lumps up front

Blue in the Face

Pleased. Looks a better, more well rounded player than Rudy was when we had him.

When you've watched a player turning out for City for three months you usually think you've got a good idea as to how to rate him, but I can honestly foresee a set of circumstances which see us letting Zohore go after a season or so as we try to cut our losses and another one where we sell him for millions of pounds.

For most of his substitute appearances at home he made little impact when he came on and he was one of many in the team who didn't turn up at Hillsborough in our most important game of the season. However, he did well at Middlesbrough when he came on, even better at Burnley and we may have got a draw if he had been brought on earlier against a Brentford team who probably finished the season as the Championship's most in form side - I think it's encouraging that he made his biggest impact against good teams.

I'd assumed that he'd be going back to Kortrijk after the signing of Frédéric Gounongbe, but, overall I'm pleased we've taken what is a bit of a punt on him - he's got pace, power and some aerial ability, so plenty of the basic ingredients are there and, hopefully, he can add consistency to his game over the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Pleased. Looks a better, more well rounded player than Rudy was when we had him.

I am more than happy for city to be giving out three year contracts to players like this - good acceleration, composed in front of goal but very raw.

Sadly some will want to see such players make and immediate impact but glad Trollope is happy to work with him over the next few years. Potentially a very good player and glad city have the foresight to invest in him.

I have to say I am distinctly underwhelmed by this signing. He looked very raw last season, so to take a punt on him seems a risk. The same can be said for the other new striker. Of course I will support them throughout the season, but why are we not signing players who are proven at Championship level?

Is Trollope the one signing these, or is it Dalman and Choo, with the basis of signing them being they are cheap . The worry is they will not live up to expectations at our level. Can't see either of them getting in to double figures in the goal scoring stakes.

Odd how we have ended up with Kenzo and Kortrijk have ended up wit Saadi. Given where they started

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I have to say I am distinctly underwhelmed by this signing. He looked very raw last season, so to take a punt on him seems a risk. The same can be said for the other new striker. Of course I will support them throughout the season, but why are we not signing players who are proven at Championship level?

Is Trollope the one signing these, or is it Dalman and Choo, with the basis of signing them being they are cheap . The worry is they will not live up to expectations at our level. Can't see either of them getting in to double figures in the goal scoring stakes.
    It's a pretty inexpensive risk though isn't it? and 'raw' is good.

We spunked away 'billions' on a certain other Danish striker, gave him a 'trillion' pounds a week and a three hundred year contract!

We are making better decisions nowdays

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

We spunked away 'billions' on a certain other Danish striker, gave him a 'trillion' pounds a week and a three hundred year contract!

I know, but I hate the undisclosed fee deals. SO we can't work out how much we paid and whether it's a bargain or not. Will it be Immers and one from Zohore and Gouunonbe up front? Still they are probably cheaper than Doyle.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

I think he will do well

A very predictable signing tbh. He is not the answer though. Hes as slow as a boat and will offer nothing long term.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    A very predictable signing tbh. He is not the answer though. Hes as slow as a boat and will offer nothing long term.
    I thought when he got into his stride he was fast

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Or the new Leo Fortune -West .

You have really thrown the toys out, haven't you.

Why do you think Zohore is slow? He was brought in on loan (Manager: Russell Slade) with the promise that he had 'power, pace and an eye for goal'. Although he is youngish and raw, I think we saw all of those qualities in his appearances last season.

Hopefully he will improve with experience and good coaching.

For now he's the reserve No 9, with Gounongbe getting the shirt (before a pre-season ball has been kicked).

A side full of shit Europeans / Africans

Enoughs enough

SLADE OUT

Sorry

TAN OUT

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    A side full of shit Europeans / Africans

Enoughs enough
    I can see you're going to be a bundle of laughs this season...

Hi Russ

Don't be bitter you've had a few quid to spend at Charlton

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I can see you're going to be a bundle of laughs this season...
    Yep, like a laughing policeman