+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Being in Debt, but who Cares!!!

Being in Debt, but who Cares!!!

Hands up who has been to all the Wales games in France?

How much have you had to spend and how much time have you had to beg, borrow and steal off your boss just to be in France to support the boys?

I've managed to get tickets for all the Wales games (5 off the UEFA portal), but struggled to get a ticket for the Belgium Quarter-Final. Me and my mate had to get a ticket each off a tout outside the ground in Lille. The guy wanted 350 euros each, but we managed to get genuine tickets (category 1) for 250 euros, about 55 euros more than face value.

Come back from France after having 4 trips with Gulliver's about 3500 in debt, but my boss has been great, he is a Man Utd supporter (BOO), but have not had any issues getting the time off.

Heard the other day as well that you can get £20,000 off EBAY by just selling one of your kidneys LOL, not that I endorse such a thing!

Re: Being in Debt, but who Cares!!!

Try selling a little toe. You won't miss that.

I spent £1400 and I'm still not back in Cardiff. Can't think of anything better to spend my money on.

Quote Originally Posted by welshwookie View Post

How much have you had to spend and how much time have you had to beg, borrow and steal off your boss just to be in France to support the boys?

I've managed to get tickets for all the Wales games (5 off the UEFA portal), but struggled to get a ticket for the Belgium Quarter-Final. Me and my mate had to get a ticket each off a tout outside the ground in Lille. The guy wanted 350 euros each, but we managed to get genuine tickets (category 1) for 250 euros, about 55 euros more than face value.

Come back from France after having 4 trips with Gulliver's about 3500 in debt, but my boss has been great, he is a Man Utd supporter (BOO), but have not had any issues getting the time off.

Heard the other day as well that you can get £20,000 off EBAY by just selling one of your kidneys LOL, not that I endorse such a thing!
    Sell them both, that's £40k!!

I spent £12 on 8 bottles of pale ale and the feckers lost

done all 6.at a cost of £2,700 odd.and loved every bit of it.and would do it again if I had too.

Done the first weekend in Slovakia for 600 and spent about the same going out on the piss to watch the rest of the games

Quote Originally Posted by welshwookie View Post

I know someone who doesn't care , credit card companies

Fair play to all who just went for it. Wish I could have

May never have a similar experience again.

Or ... will we ....

Banned

Most of the posters on here can't get off their arse to watch the City, so there is no chance they would be in debt going to France.

Banned

I spent the first 2 weeks of the tournament (every group game) on holiday in Greece.
    I suggest everyone book a holiday to fit in with a tournament. It was brilliant.

I love football, but for me, as I've got older ,I much prefer to watch the game in my local.
    I certainly refuse to pay more than 30 -40 quid for a ticket.
    I didn't go to France and I didn't go to any of city's 4 Wembley appearances either.
    If I want to spend £100 on a football match I much prefer a normal league away day on the TIT

Spent about £1,500 in total during the group stage - the majority of which went on transport between hotels and city centre.

Spent far more than I would have liked back in Cardiff after beating N. Ireland and Belgium, but kept reassuring myself that this definitely won't ever happen again.