+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piers Morgan

Piers Morgan

Endearing himself to the Welsh public, I see...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ction-11591179

Re: Piers Morgan

There is an excellent counter argument by Oliver Kay in today's Times but it's behind a paywall. It was free to read earlier.

Does anyone have access to it?

He's entitled to his opinion to be fair

But he's also a bit of a thunder ****
    Last edited by Michael Morris; 09-07-16 at 18:02.

'not worth the attention adulation' ? - coming from Piers Morgan ?! Ah the irony!

Guy seems to possess the self-awareness of a jelly-fish, with hide of a rhino. Built a career on it.

But it's all about seeing an opportunity to burp up something controversial to get a fix of limelight. And sadly, he'll get that.

I have absolutely no idea why people are interested in what he says, let alone get upset by it. How has he got himself into this position? Genuinely baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    He's entitled to his opinion to be fair

But he's also a bit of a thundercunt
    probably done to try and get a reaction from rambo who wont give him the time of day

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I have absolutely no idea why people are interested in what he says, let alone get upset by it. How has he got himself into this position? Genuinely baffled.
    That was my impression of his comments.
    A good mate of mine said something similar to me yesterday, he also remarked that England would never do such a thing without winning the tournament. ( Which off course they did )
    He doesn't get it , I could never explain it to him as he doesn't get it .
    His loss.

I hope Iceland had a similar welcome

It's more than just football, we've won the hearts of the world piers you bitter ****

Now **** of and tweet that Katie hopkins yah nasty bastard

Couldn't give a toss what he thinks- or anyone else outside Wales. That was for us 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Couldn't give a toss what he thinks- or anyone else outside Wales. That was for us 👍
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I agree and having watched him on one those "They think it's all over" type programmes trying to kick a ball it showed me that the fat **** has obviously never kicked a ball in his life!

When England arrived home I bet they had to sneak-out of the airport through the delivery entrance

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    When England arrived home I bet they had to sneak-out of the airport through the delivery entrance
    The England squad touched down in rainy Luton this week less than 24 hours after arguably the worst result in their nation's history.

This is how England's football campaigns now conclude - at regional airports amidst an atmosphere of blame, resignations and a post-mortem over where it all went wrong.

There were no cheering fans nor an open top bus awaiting their arrival.

The only witnesses to yet another dismal homecoming were a small group of photographers and a tabloid journalist who tried to hand the players stuffed toy donkeys wrapped in 'Iceland' carrier bags.

BBC

I think he generally doesn't like the Welsh, he certainly doesn't like Ramsey,he's never stopped sniping about him ever since he's been playing for his beloved Arsenal.The man is complete arse hole,he's on my list with Green and Tylsley and the likes

I can't think of a man's opinion I'd be less interested in!

And Piers Morgan comes a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I think he generally doesn't like the Welsh, he certainly doesn't like Ramsey,he's never stopped sniping about him ever since he's been playing for his beloved Arsenal.The man is complete arse hole,he's on my list with Green and Tylsley and the likes
    he does like his digs are Rambo, it gets embarrassing at times

Blue in the Face

"The Wales football team do realise they didn't even make the #Euro2016 final, right?

"Slightly OTT celebrations, in my humble opinion."

What is so humble about your opinion then Piers? Basically the subtext of what he is saying is that only the winners in society deserve to celebrate and show pride.

Prick.

Morgan hasn't got a humble bone in his body. I couldn't care less what the fool has to say.

(Some) people across the border will never understand this. This is all about the smallest nation ever to reach the Euro semi-finals with NO pro-league in our country. Add to this decades of disappointment, a rugby bias media/society (I also like this sport) ........ and the absolutely amazing journey shared with thousands over the past few months.

If people only watch football because they want to see silverware, then I argue that they are not football fans whatsoever. Football is what clubs (and countries) mean to their community/nation and how it brings people from all walks of life together.

Yes, sport it is about winning (even though the education system has "watered that down" in recent years)
    The players know that, they have to be 'winners' to actually make it as a professional footballer.

It is all about perspective though.
    We are a small nation grossly underfunded (FAW made profit of a mere 20K last year!) and in a sport where it has become obvious in the last 20 years that it IS about money, Wales have massively over achieved.

Regarding his other comments, remember this is the ex editor of "The Sun" we are talking about and I believe Morgan is just sniping (bit like Bale and his England jibes).
    If he isn't, what a sad and lonely position to take and one must feel sorry for him truly

Let us all enjoy the moment and laugh at this bitter bellend

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Morgan hasn't got a humble bone in his body. I couldn't care less what the fool has to say.
    Indeed we should ignore this rancid piece of excrement, just another of his attempts at creating controversy.

Thankfully this time there can be no serious consequences from his bitter ramblings, unlike the time as editor of the Mirror he published fake photos of alleged mistreatment of POWs carried out by British troops, whilst many 1000s were on active service. Making a difficult job that much harder.

It's hard to find the words to adequately describe just how big a Wanker Piers Morgan is. I utterly despise the smarmy, pompous, oily little shit. One of these days he's going to get that smug, self satisfied grin wiped off his loathsome, repulsive excuse for a face.

The fact that it's being mentioned, he's done what he set out to do.

Morgan is not a true football fan. A bit like David Mellor he became a fan when the game started becoming popular in the 1990's.
    I wonder if he approved of England's celebratory tour in 2005 having won back the Ashes in a two horse race with Australia. Now that WAS embarrassing.