+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leadson for leader? Surely not

Re: Leadson for leader? Surely not

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    The Labour leadership model is unworkable - as it's the Labour party membership that decides not the PLP. The Corbyn scenario being the perfect example. MPs must surely want to work with and back the Leader ?

However the Tories are just as screwed - they pick 2 candidates and then offer those as the choice to the whole party, so if as in this case you have 1 Remainer and 1 Brexiter - they may well pick the person the MPs dont want. But I guess it's better than Corbyn scenario as at least the MPs picked the candidates.

Interesting times.......
    I don't think Corbyn has got anything to do with the Tory leadership contest, but I may be wrong.

The Labour leadership model is unworkable - as it's the Labour party membership that decides not the PLP. The Corbyn scenario being the perfect example. MPs must surely want to work with and back the Leader ?

However the Tories are just as screwed - they pick 2 candidates and then offer those as the choice to the whole party, so if as in this case you have 1 Remainer and 1 Brexiter - they may well pick the person the MPs dont want. But I guess it's better than Corbyn scenario as at least the MPs picked the candidates.

Interesting times.......
    Yes they should do that, back the leader elected by party members, if they dont like who that leader is they should resign as an MP.

I was right!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I was right!!
    It was a slam dunk And now we get to find out what they are really up to

Putting your idea into practice - why didnt the Blairites / Brownites do that ?
    That would imply there are principles involved. The Tories and the Blairites are two sides of the same coin. They are more or less interchangeable. The Blairites answer to the Fabians and the Bilderbergs, not the electorate. That is why they are so desperate to get rid of Corbyn.

Leadsom's pieces of silver will probably be the ultra cushy Foreign Secretary role. May's Brexit Means Brexit mantra really means uttering the phrase in a sincere tone occasionally followed by an inevitable but.

Meanwhile in the City of London, the UK's state within a state, the Khazarian Mafia will be partying hard till dawn tomorrow morning.

A picture speaks a thousand words.