+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No to a royal invitation

No to a royal invitation

Talk of the welsh team being invited to london for the queen/prince to honor them for their achievments.

For those who don't think this is a good idea you can sign a peition. It's a respectful petition for those who would like to express their disagreement to this type of event.

For those who arent bothered either way or would consider it a good thing, we mean no disrespect...it just doesn't feel fitting.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/f...yal-invitation

Re: No to a royal invitation

One of those small minded Welsh not British types by any chance?

The most pointless petition started this week, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Talk of the welsh team being invited to london for the queen/prince to honor them for their achievments.

For those who don't think this is a good idea you can sign a peition. It's a respectful petition for those who would like to express their disagreement to this type of event.

For those who arent bothered either way or would consider it a good thing, we mean no disrespect...it just doesn't feel fitting.
    Can I consult Piers first?

Pathetic

Why isn't this a good idea? What bad things would happen if they were invited and accepted?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The most pointless petition started this week, well done.
    The thing is, if there was no talk of the Welsh players being honoured, the same culprits would be up in arms and demanding that the Welsh team is honoured.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    The thing is, if there was no talk of the Welsh players being honoured, the same culprits would be up in arms and demanding that the Welsh team is honoured.

So true

I think that a new petition should be started titled "This is a petition to stop having all these pointless petitions"

I'm a republican and want to see the end of the monarchy in its constitutional and ceremonial roles.

I cringe at the events that have 'subjects' presented to the royals for awards or just to be'in the presence'.

It is demeaning, and fawning, and an affront to the dignity and self-respect of fellow citizens.

However, I can't be arsed to sign this!

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm a republican and want to see the end of the monarchy in its constitutional and ceremonial roles.

I cringe at the events that have 'subjects' presented to the royals for awards or just to be'in the presence'.

It is demeaning, and fawning, and an affront to the dignity and self-respect of fellow citizens.

This for me, but with more cuss words

Some people need to get A ****ING LIFE,

Sorry about the language

Shouldn't it be up to the players to decide if they want to go or not?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Agreed. One question - are UKers citizens now? I thought we were all "subjects"?

Another well deserved praise for the team why would anyone want to stop this

I am a republican too - but I wouldn't dream of telling someone else as to what they should do.
    We live in an age where many people can't cope with the fact that other people have different opinions to ourselves. And I wonder how many people signing the petition would organise their lives to appease keyboard warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Can I consult Piers first?
    Which one?
    Some guy in the comments section is saying Piers Brosnan has suggested there should be a party in North Wales instead

Wales is now so famous even James Bond is making comments about us.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Which one?
    Some guy in the comments section is saying Piers Brosnan has suggested there should be a party in North Wales instead

Wales is now so famous even James Bond is making comments about us.

Blue in the Face

Could be a good opportunity to pilfer some stuff from the palace.

Owain Fon Williams to steal a saphire encrusted pewter ash tray.

It's a "respectful" NO from me too!

My guess is that there aren't many that are not bothered either way, just loads who respectfully believe that you are misguided.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I am a republican too - but I wouldn't dream of telling someone else as to what they should do.
    We live in an age where many people can't cope with the fact that other people have different opinions to ourselves. And I wonder how many people signing the petition would organise their lives to appease keyboard warriors.
    It's outrageous, how dare people have different opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    This is brilliant

Signed

Firstly.They represent a country that I am a part of. So I'm entitled to have a say and for me this sort of thing is embarrassing. What is ****ing pathetic is the way some of you find it acceptable to rip into a fellow MB member and countryman because you consider me to be a small-minded Welsh nash. It is playground stuff. It is sinister. Fortunately, I have been on this board long enough to realise, much of what is said should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Why is it a good idea ? What do we gain from this ? Nothing. That's what. Are we going to gain an enhanced sense of togetherness. Are we going to sit back in our armchairs and read the news of a royal reception and with great pride think to ourselves "Our boys have really done something special now" .... "Now it's really coming home to me"? If you do, then the significance of what we have done in a sporting sense over the last few months is beyond you.

What do we lose ? Nothing really. But it does feel like the sort of thing that might happen in the middle-ages. You are summoned by the King so that he can rub shoulders with his most celebrated subject and at the same time associate himself with your hard-earned glory. Not only that, it is basically an imposition. It's a bit like telling your dog to "come" and then saying "good dog" when he does what you say. It really is demeaning.

Remember, for those who are fortunate enough to operate on a higher intellectual and moral level, it's really easy to draw up a petition.....or to write a blog or book even. Or if you "can't be arsed" to do that, you could even try to express yourselves in a way that might help the rest of us understand where we are going wrong. You could start with something like "I was once a misguided Welsh nash, but then I realised that.....". Or, if you are incapable or cannot be bothered even to express yourselves in a way that might be deemed constructive, you could just stay up there on that moral high-ground and gleefully observe us fools down below kicking up a fuss over nothing without even getting involved.

With regard the petition itself. It does say that we ASK you to decline the invitation. Those of us who would like this NOT to happen are entitled to ask...at the very least. If the players want to go then that is fair enough. But I imagine there might be a the odd individual, whether it be someone who works within the FAW, or someone who plays for the team that might not want to go, or might not even be bothered, but will be forced to go along with it because, after all, it's the Royal family "asking" them to go. What's more, are we not the "Red Wall"? Are we not "Together Stronger" ? Did we not play some small part in getting that team to where they are? Or am I being misguided again ? Thing is, we as fans are either a part of this or not. And if we are a part of it, as has been made so clear to us through the players, media and FAW itself, then we should be allowed to say " We don't really feel comfortable with this".

You'll probably find that this petition will be signed by 89 people and you can all sit back and have a good chuckle, but at least we say how feel. And try to explain why, and do it in a way that is not "**** off you English kents". It could be the Spanish Royal family BTW and personally I'd feel equally as uncomfortable. I mean no offence to your Royals. Genuinely.