+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pelle to China - 12m

Pelle to China - 12m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36766548

Another one to China joining the likes of Papiss Cisse, Hulk, Jackson Martinez, Paulinho, Ramires, Alex Teixeira, Gervinho, Stephane Mbia, Demba Ba, Obafeme Martins, Burak Yilmaz etc.

China footballing superpower in the next 30-40 years?

Re: Pelle to China - 12m

Do they need a manager?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Do they need a manager?
    Malky would not be welcome there after "textgate"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Bit of a woosh there mate sorry

Do they need a manager?
    Why the fist pump?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

Another one to China joining the likes of Papiss Cisse, Hulk, Jackson Martinez, Paulinho, Ramires, Alex Teixeira, Gervinho, Stephane Mbia, Demba Ba, Obafeme Martins, Burak Yilmaz etc.

It's going to take more than recruiting a bunch of mercenaries to achieve that.

Blue in the Face

Bit of a woosh there mate sorry
    Crap joke! Sorry

Good chance to ask - what does the "woosh" thing mean? Is it like ??

Blue in the Face

Sorry to ruin your thread Zenith.

I would like to know how these Chinese clubs will get past FFP? Unless they will have massive incomes?

Crap joke! Sorry

Good chance to ask - what does the "woosh" thing mean? Is it like ??
    A whoosh is probably best defined as missing the point. In this case, you probably didn't "get" the fact that I was referencing Malky's text message that was derogatory to Orientals.

Sorry to ruin your thread Zenith.

I would like to know how these Chinese clubs will get past FFP? Unless they will have massive incomes?
    FFP is a UEFA thing.

Blue in the Face

A whoosh is probably best defined as missing the point. In this case, you probably didn't "get" the fact that I was referencing Malky's text message that was derogatory to Orientals.
    I thought your joke was you offering your services because they pay so well. Of course you meant Malky.

Thanks for the explanation.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    FFP is a UEFA thing.
    Ah OK. Makes sense. I suppose it encourages investedment to leagues like the Chinese Super League.

I think it's great that China are going for it. Though I hope they invest as much in their own youth academies. I'd like to see bigger investment in India too.

Football really is one of the few things that can unite the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's going to take more than recruiting a bunch of mercenaries to achieve that.
    It's never going to happen overnight.

The first step is convincing a few 'star' players to make the move and create a snowball effect.

If the money's there then others will follow. The only reason big name players move to premier league clubs is because the money brings them here (and as a result this creates a competitive league)

Only a matter of time before a really big name goes there and when that happens it'll change the perception of it and others will follow the money.

If they've got the money and the determination then China will compete with the PL before long.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    ....If the money's there then others will follow. The only reason big name players move to premier league clubs is because the money brings them here (and as a result this creates a competitive league)
    I just wonder, if the pound stays weak or continues to drop, then the PL could in theory see a decrease in it's spending power in foreign markets.

'Star players' .. especially from South America ..... have been playing in Asia for decades. The J-league and K-league have now developed to the stage where the foreigners are part of the team, rather than "the team" (i.e. reliant on the foreigners skills). The CSL, with the likes of Guangzhou Evergrande are getting there. Teams like Guangzhou DO have huge academies set up for youth production. The facilities are, I kid you not, second to none and they are able to employ some of the best coaches in the world. It's only a matter of time.

I see Higuain has apparently just turned down £800k a week to go there. It is a league for mercenaries and no doubt the likes of Higuain would consider it more seriously in their latter years but not if you value your career and actually achieving something with your talent.
    At the end of the day what's the real difference between £800k a week and £200k a week

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I see Higuain has apparently just turned down £800k a week to go there. It is a league for mercenaries and no doubt the likes of Higuain would consider it more seriously in their latter years but not if you value your career and actually achieving something with your talent.
    At the end of the day what's the real difference between £800k a week and £200k a week
    That's the difference between about £10m and £40m a year. It's a fair old difference.

Just announced that ronaldo earns £60m (after all his sponsorship). It might seem unreal to us but there are people in the world who have far more - footballers aren't billionaires - and do a lot worse than play football to get it.

I don't see the problem with footballers earning big money. There's big money in football and they make incredible sacrifices from an early age.

That's the difference between about £10m and £40m a year. It's a fair old difference.

Just announced that ronaldo earns £60m (after all his sponsorship). It might seem unreal to us but there are people in the world who have far more - footballers aren't billionaires - and do a lot worse than play football to get it.

I don't see the problem with footballers earning big money. There's big money in football and they make incredible sacrifices from an early age.
    I'm aware of the maths of the situation but clearly Higuain believes personal achievements come before pure greed after all how much happier are you likely to be on £40m a year over £10m when you achieve nothing playing out there?

I'm aware of the maths of the situation but clearly Higuain believes personal achievements come before pure greed after all how much happier are you likely to be on £40m a year over £10m when you achieve nothing playing out there?
    Some might say that being the face that launched a football league to a billion people is something of a personal achievement. What would Beckham be more proud of? What he did in the US or if he'd stayed in Europe and made a Europa League semi?

Footballers are ambitious people. Making football huge in china would be something unique.

Some might say that being the face that launched a football league to a billion people is something of a personal achievement. What would Beckham be more proud of? What he did in the US or if he'd stayed in Europe and made a Europa League semi?

Footballers are ambitious people. Making football huge in china would be something unique.
    Some might, I wouldn't.

Beckham did it at the end of his career and launching his "brand" in the states played a big part in that too

Some might, I wouldn't.

Beckham did it at the end of his career and launching his "brand" in the states played a big part in that too
    You don't think being a household name in China would be an achievement? Blimey, you must have had a pretty successful life

Blue in the Face

Thought I wold post this story on here to keep the debate on Chinese football going....

Cardiff City keen to develop long-term links with China

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...-3204440.aspx?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...long-11659079?

No, it's unsustainable. The players are going there for a big pay day, and will show as much interest as Robbie Fowler did on his last big pay day at Cardiff and in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    It's never going to happen overnight.

The first step is convincing a few 'star' players to make the move and create a snowball effect.

If the money's there then others will follow. The only reason big name players move to premier league clubs is because the money brings them here (and as a result this creates a competitive league)

Only a matter of time before a really big name goes there and when that happens it'll change the perception of it and others will follow the money.

If they've got the money and the determination then China will compete with the PL before long.
    I don't think that's the only reason. It helps that the UK is such a footballing country and for now, at least, China will be competing with American and Australia as retirement cheque countries.