+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Home Friendlies

Home Friendlies

Just realised that there's no planned pre-season friendlies at home.

Shame as my 3 year old daughter is desperate to go to a game and see where her dad disappears to on a Saturday, and she's getting the football bug already - unlike my five year old boy unfortunately who shows no interest, hopefully he'll catch up later.

Anyway, is there anything planned for kids like an open day at least?

Re: Home Friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Just realised that there's no planned pre-season friendlies at home.

Shame as my 3 year old daughter is desperate to go to a game and see where her dad disappears to on a Saturday, and she's getting the football bug already - unlike my five year old boy unfortunately who shows no interest, hopefully he'll catch up later.

Anyway, is there anything planned for kids like an open day at least?
    There aren't any home pre season matches this time because of work being done on the pitch apparently and I've not heard anything about an open day, but that's not to say there definitely won't be one.

I don't know how feasible it is for you, but it seems that there is a Development team game being played at Treforest this afternoon, despite there being nothing on the Under 21 Twitter feed to confirm that - maybe you and your daughter could get to that?

Bob I don't think the Under 21's are playing as they're in Forest Green. I think it's the u16s

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Bob I don't think the Under 21's are playing as they're in Forest Green. I think it's the u16s
    Oh, okay then, it kicks off at 2 o clock if anyone's interested.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There aren't any home pre season matches this time because of work being done on the pitch apparently and I've not heard anything about an open day, but that's not to say there definitely won't be one.

I don't know how feasible it is for you, but it seems that there is a Development team game being played at Treforest this afternoon, despite there being nothing on the Under 21 Twitter feed to confirm that - maybe you and your daughter could get to that?
    Thanks for the reply, unfortunately my daughter could go but dad is stuck in work trying to catch up after too much time off for the Euro's.

I'll keep my eye open and see if something comes up, I don't want to take her to full league game as I can't see her watching it for the full 90 minutes - mind you, I struggle with that sometimes