+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAW tickets

Re: FAW tickets

Hull stubs.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    The FAW are selling these membership deals where you get priority booking on tickets.

What if the members out number the tickets available - any ideas ?
    You couldnt make it up.

Back to First come first served. Meaning that its pointless. Dont like these schemes.

Belgium game in CCS was sold out before it got passed the members, meaning many missed out.

The memberships are £10, there's no excuse for anyone not to have one at that price if they actually want to go down and watch Wales.

I've seen a couple of posts on Facebook this week with people who have never watched football properly in their entire lives until the Belgium game, now buying a few memberships for the family to go and watch Wales. I hope future Welsh games at home don't turn into the cringeworthy daffodil fests that was partly previewed against Andorra last year.

Ya, f*** this internet & phone booking and go back to queuing at the ticket office.

PS:----- I am not joking.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ya, f*** this internet & phone booking and go back to queuing at the ticket office.

As Zenith said it now mean new members who have only started watching wales, will get priority over those than dont want to buy membership but have been going for years.

Great we have new fans, but this membership scheme is a horrible scheme. FAW should drop it now their budgets more than doubled.

The FAW are selling these membership deals where you get priority booking on tickets.

What if the members out number the tickets available - any ideas ?
    They will do if people keep posting it on forums!

Surely if membership exceeds available tickets, then priority should be given to those who had membership during the previous 2 campaigns......i.e me 😃

The real question is why weren't tournament tickets for previous campaign members sorted out before the end of May this year and then put on a freeze during the Euro's before then opening to new members and any other members who didn't sort out theirs before the Euro's.
    I think that plays way more in favour of the loyal fans who have been going down for years rather than handing tickets out to just anyone all at the same time.

But I think the answer to that long winded question is probably because the FAW were secretly hoping that the players and staff would ask for a move to the Millennium after a highly successful tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    The memberships are £10, there's no excuse for anyone not to have one at that price if they actually want to go down and watch Wales.

I've seen a couple of posts on Facebook this week with people who have never watched football properly in their entire lives until the Belgium game, now buying a few memberships for the family to go and watch Wales. I hope future Welsh games at home don't turn into the cringeworthy daffodil fests that was partly previewed against Andorra last year.
    Yeah tourist supporters.

The ones who have helped take gates from 2000 to 30,000.

'Memberships' to attend a sporting fixture? Come on now, it's a load of old shit really isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    As Zenith said it now mean new members who have only started watching wales, will get priority over those than dont want to buy membership but have been going for years.

Great we have new fans, but this membership scheme is a horrible scheme. FAW should drop it now their budgets more than doubled.
    You have to be a member to travel abroad, as the FAW need to know who is actually going away and going to the game, which is understandable. If people want to buy memberships to simply jump ahead in the queue for normal tickets, there isn't a lot the FAW can do as peolle who go away to watch Wales should get priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You have to be a member to travel abroad, as the FAW need to know who is actually going away and going to the game, which is understandable. If people want to buy memberships to simply jump ahead in the queue for normal tickets, there isn't a lot the FAW can do as peolle who go away to watch Wales should get priority.

So have an AWAY MEMBERSHIP also !

Say £100 each to separate the wheat from the chaff

What the **** is that supposed to mean ?

It's a simple question , as in my mind demand is going to be so great now, that these games could well be sold out before getting through the membership numbers.

If you dont have an answer - why waste your time responding
    Unlike you I dont waste my time worrying about events that haven't even happened yet.

Apologies if I spoiled your fretting for a short while.

The real question is why weren't tournament tickets for previous campaign members sorted out before the end of May this year and then put on a freeze during the Euro's before then opening to new members and any other members who didn't sort out theirs before the Euro's.
    I think that plays way more in favour of the loyal fans who have been going down for years rather than handing tickets out to just anyone all at the same time.

But I think the answer to that long winded question is probably because the FAW were secretly hoping that the players and staff would ask for a move to the Millennium after a highly successful tournament.
    Good point. I guess the FAW wanted to see how the team did in the EUROS before setting ticket prices. I had a tournament ticket and gold membership. Missed out on Euros tickets mind as didn't have enough points, except a late offer of 2 x cat 1 tickets for Russia game. My understanding is an e-mail will go out to existing members that have renewed their memberships to buy tournament tickets. Fingers x for a happy ending for all. But I think not. A bit like the FA Cup final ticket thing with the city.
    Spedger

When the tournament tickets come out, probably in the next few weeks, all they have to do is make them available to members and use the current loyalty points system. Then they could make them available to other members. On eticketing you can assign friends too so that you are all grouped together.

I think it's great that there is so much interest in the national team. As a member if I don't get tickets so be it. The FAW cannot be criticised by agreeing to stage the matches at the CCS thereby limiting the number of available tickets to around 33,000.
    Some of us may miss out but the vast majority will get tickets.

Are we all getting angry, when no one knows what's happening yet?

If 100k people sign up at a £10er, and then they work on a priority scheme then no issue for me.
    Tickets were so cheap last time that 10 membership worked out about £17 a game

The biggest worry the FAW should have is that the games will be taken over by a) media staff who want to overly produce an atmosphere and b) by fans who will lose interest as soon as Bale goes off injured. Against Andorra at home we learnt that this team is wonderful but not good enough for the fans to sit back and wait to be entertained so we definitely don't need horns, sparkly cowboy hats and the PA playing music over fans singing.

I've just got a membership each for my family. I've been living outside the UK for most of the Millennium (until last year) but have now returned with my family. We are all staunch football fans ..... so why shouldn't we get tickets to support our national team? You lot have had years to support the side .. we haven't

Anyway, each of us have different membership numbers/e-mails. If we want to sit together in away games, can one member book a few tickets if he supplies the other member numbers? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I said this to the missus the other day, back to the days of queuing for hours like I remeber doing for Wembley tickets at the back of the Canton stand in Ninian Park! Would mean true fans will be willing to queue, the daffodil brigade won't be so bothered!

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    I've just got a membership each for my family. I've been living outside the UK for most of the Millennium (until last year) but have now returned with my family. We are all staunch football fans ..... so why shouldn't we get tickets to support our national team? You lot have had years to support the side .. we haven't

Anyway, each of us have different membership numbers/e-mails. If we want to sit together in away games, can one member book a few tickets if he supplies the other member numbers? Cheers.
    Yes, I do exactly that - one person (eg. yourself) books the tickets for everyone, and then you get an option before you buy to assign each ticket to different membership numbers as required. Very easy.