Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boris Johnson Foreign Secretary

Boris Johnson Foreign Secretary

I don't beliiiiiiieve it!!

But tis true.

Re: Boris Johnson Foreign Secretary

Bugger! beat me bu two minutes!

I'm not a Jeremy Clarkson fan, but liked his tweet about May and Hammond being in charge now.

Jeremy Clarkson ✔ @JeremyClarkson
    Oh for ****'s sake. May and Hammond? Really? We will end up thick and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm not a Jeremy Clarkson fan, but liked his tweet about May and Hammond being in charge now.

Jeremy Clarkson ✔ @JeremyClarkson
    Oh for ****'s sake. May and Hammond? Really? We will end up thick and lost.

Heartening to see Boris, the new Foreign Secretary drive the new Home Secretary, Amber Rudd home tonight following their visit to Downing Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I don't beliiiiiiieve it!!

But tis true.
    Clever move, keep enemies close, detracts attention away from other issues as he will make headlines and will fall over, in a role that is an ever diminishing one

Chucks the Brexit camp and voters a bone, however he wont get near the Brexit negotiations whilst he is in other land's sorting out things like Gibraltar.

She will has also isolate the Gove camp even further, yep thing the lady has played a canny card.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Heartening to see Boris, the new Foreign Secretary drive the new Home Secretary, Amber Rudd home tonight following their visit to Downing Street.
    Petrol sharing?

Well, this topic is pretty big news but in the politics forum it's barely an afterthought.

Do we need to think again on how the forum is operated?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Well, this topic is pretty big news but in the politics forum it's barely an afterthought.

Yeah, mix it up again. The main board was unbearable during the referendum but things have calmed down now.

Moggis striking his cogitating pose.

drevil.jpg

Lets have a refer, oh f*** it.

No

Is Mike Morris our version of Theresa May?

Ah, 'poor old' Boris.

Put in a position to shoot himself in the foot rapidly? Either way, he will undoubtedly oblige in remarkably short time.

Boris spent most of his time as Mayor away from London and selling bits off so that normal people could no longer live there....what else is a foreign secretary meant to do?

I bet he couldn't believe it and may have even considered turning this down too!
    Complete clown of a man

this is the rocket that struggled to maintain diplomatic relations with liverpool. **** knows how he will deal with things further afield.

My only hope is that our new PM hasn't taken leave of her senses, and is instead setting him up for a fall. When he makes a complete tit of himself, as he surely will, hopefully that will be last we see of the clown.

Presumably this was part of the deal which saw him deciding not to run for leader.

The world laughs, or cries:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-36790977

It used to be that the Foreign Secretary was one of the Big 3 offices of state below the Prime Minister - along with Chancellor and Home Secretary.

But Theresa May has stripped even more responsibility away from it with her appointments yesterday.

Not only has International Development been hived off (done under Labour) but now International Trade (Liam Fox - Brexiteer) and Brexit Negotiations (David Davis - Brexiteer) are also under new ministries.

Maybe ensuring Boris has less to screw up? Whilst appearing to the Tory faithful to be uniting pro and anti Brexiteers in the government. And also ensuring that the ones who argued for Brexit now have to manage the consequences?

It all seems so clever on one level, until you remember that she just made BORIS JOHNSON Foreign Secretary. Mad!

Feedback

what a lovely liberal government we are getting. the shift to the right has picked up a pace. for all their faults, cameron and osborne were pretty centrist compared to this lot.

I think it's a shame that there's a sub politics forum. Although I don't post a great deal I enjoy reading those threads and having them in a separate forum means lots of people don't bother going over and posting in them - so you get the same few people contributing. In the main forum you get a wider range of people contributing which I prefer.

I get that people became frustrated with the amount of politics posts around the referendum, although given the magnitude of it I thought it was appropriate. In any case, if it's politics particularly that upsets people perhaps just changing the beginning of the title to [POL] or something could suffice, rather than keeping two sub forums going. And all those who dislike these type of posts would have sufficient trigger warnings so as not to click them

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    what a lovely liberal government we are getting. the shift to the right has picked up a pace. for all their faults, cameron and osborne were pretty centrist compared to this lot.
    Indeed. Now we seem to have c*ntrist.

Re: Have we ever had a Foreign Secretary that speaks as many languages as Boris Johnson ?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Have we ever had a Foreign Secretary that speaks as many languages as Boris Johnson ?
    Shame that English isn't one of them.