+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: B side

B side

Scientists are trying to find out if bees make different sounds depending on where in Wales they are.
    A team from Cardiff University has appealed to more than 3,000 beekeepers to send them photos, videos and audio files from hives over the summer.
    The noises will be analysed at the School of Pharmacy.
    The research will also help them learn where the bees find their feed by mapping the exact locations they were pictured or recorded.
    "The Africanised honey bee makes different sound to the European bees," said microbiology professor Les Bailie.
    "The bees we have on the roof of the school here are Italian. Do the bees in Cardiff make the same sound as those in Aberystwyth or Wrexham?"
    This is off BBC Wales,so the B side joke is true.

Re: B side

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Scientists are trying to find out if bees make different sounds depending on where in Wales they are.
    A team from Cardiff University has appealed to more than 3,000 beekeepers to send them photos, videos and audio files from hives over the summer.
    The noises will be analysed at the School of Pharmacy.
    The research will also help them learn where the bees find their feed by mapping the exact locations they were pictured or recorded.
    "The Africanised honey bee makes different sound to the European bees," said microbiology professor Les Bailie.
    "The bees we have on the roof of the school here are Italian. Do the bees in Cardiff make the same sound as those in Aberystwyth or Wrexham?"
    This is off BBC Wales,so the B side joke is true.

Ya, but do they need different language signposts to get around.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ya, but do they need different language signposts to get around.

The world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make is taking a stroll down his local high street.

As he passes by the record shop, a sign catches his eye. "Just Released: New LP - Wasps of the World & the sounds that they make - available now!"

Unable to resist the temptation, the man goes into the shop. "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make. I'd very much like to listen to the new LP you have advertised in the window."

"Certainly, Sir," says the young man behind the counter. "If you'd like to step into the booth and put on the headphones, I'll put the LP on for you."

The world expert on European wasps goes into the booth and puts on the earphones.

Ten minutes later, he comes out of the booth and announces, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I recognised none of those."

"I'm sorry sir," says the young assistant. "If you'd care to step into the booth, I can let you have another 10 minutes."

The world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make steps back into the booth and replaces the headphones.

Ten minutes later, he comes out of the booth shaking his head. "I don't understand it," he says, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make, and yet I still can't recognise any of those!"

"I'm terribly sorry, sir" says the young man, "perhaps if you'd like to step into the booth again, you could have 5 more minutes."

Sighing, the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make steps back into the booth.

Five minutes later, he comes out again, clearly agitated. "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I have recognised none of the wasps on this LP."

"I really am terribly sorry," says the young assistant. "I've just realised I was playing you the bee side."