Did this really happen?

Blog Entries

Re: Did this really happen?

Do you think it did boss?

Blue in the Face

Stanley Kubrick's best film NMFQAT

I can imagine they went there. I can't see that they had the technology to get back.

So I'm sceptical.

i have started to read his book " No Dream Is Too High "

a cracking read so far, only about a 1/3 of the way through, not had time to read it in the last 3 weeks though

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I can imagine they went there. I can't see that they had the technology to get back.

So I'm sceptical.
    You know all those photos of the moon and the earth they came back with at the time - and the rocket they definitely sent into space with people on (because there were thousands of witnesses to this). Do you think this was all made up - and the Russians and Chinese said nothing even though they could also track the flights?

I get the bits that people got excited about (no blast radius for the lander, waving flags, etc) but I don't believe for one second that the other major powers would not have called 'foul' if it was untrue. We've also sent a Brit into an International Space Station recently. Again, why no visit to the moon if we can manage this? We can see the ISS with the naked eye - along with loads of satellites so this again lends weight to the theory that we know what we're doing regarding near orbit space flights.

Overall, this is one of the less believable conspiracy theories to me

So I'm sceptical.
    u think there still on teh moon?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    u think there still on teh moon?

So I'm sceptical.
    Buzz mentions the designing of the 2nd boost to clear the moon in his book, i know you could google what they did, but he seems so proud the of the guy who designed it, as it really was the deal breaker for the flight, Buzz also mentioned the space rubbish they left behind in trash bags, the boots they wore were left aswell

Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Buzz mentions the designing of the 2nd boost to clear the moon in his book, i know you could google what they did, but he seems so proud the of the guy who designed it, as it really was the deal breaker for the flight, Buzz also mentioned the space rubbish they left behind in trash bags, the boots they wore were left aswell
    On a semi-related note have you been to the Kennedy Space Centre? Off to Orlando at the end of August and thinking of going down and checking it out.

Haha, did it f*ck?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz1927 View Post
    On a semi-related note have you been to the Kennedy Space Centre? Off to Orlando at the end of August and thinking of going down and checking it out.
    Yes we have done it a few times, last time we did it when they were launching a Atlas 5 Rocket, now i know its not a shuttle, but its as close as we get these days, a launch day is very special, you get upto the Apollo 5 centre and you are closer to the launch site, then find a seat ( on the benches ) and wait, they pipe in the checks and the countdown and you see it all, a truly great sight, A shame we will never see a shuttle launch again

keep a eye out on the launch schedules, SpaceX use the Falcon 9 rocket to restock the ISS, though having checked for someone else, Aug looks like its blank for launches, SpaceX might be delayed from tomorrow if anything goes wrong, but it will surely go up earlier than the and of Aug

BUT a launch aside, its still a very good day

you will have to leave Orlando as early as possible, its a 1 hour drive ( without Traffic, and Traffic on the I4 around downtown Orlando past the Amway stadium can be horrid in rush hour ) KSC opens at 9, so i always suggest to leave at 7 from orlando ( if close to disney ) , failing that leave at gone 9, you then miss the rush hour, but of course walk into KSC at 10.30 - 11.00 ( having lost 2 hours of the park time )

we find its a full day to be honest, the new shuttle bit is great, the launch simulator is a must do

your ticket also includes the " hall of fame " just down the road, but it shuts at 5, so we never get to it, as KSC is a full day

if after you are done with KSC and fancy something a little different to disney / universal, just head to Cocoa Beach ( its close enough ) , have a walk along the front, Visit Ron Jons surf shop ( if you are into surf / skate clothes ) have a bite to eat then head back to disney / universal area in the evening

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz1927 View Post
    Well worth going to Kennedy Space Centre. Besides, in August you will be grateful to get anywhere inside to relieve the humidity of the Florida summer.

Nope and the same reason we've never supposedly gone there again is because it's just not possible for a human to survive the radiation

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Nope and the same reason we've never supposedly gone there again is because it's just not possible for a human to survive the radiation
    Exposure to radiation would be low. It takes a short amount of time to pass through the radiation belt, plus the spacecraft offers some protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Haha, did it f*ck?
    Yes, you have finally convinced me that it didn't happen and that it was covered up for FORTY THOUSAND NASA employees.

Apart from the next five missions they did.

So I'm sceptical.
    Nothing that reading around the subject won't fix.

NO

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Apart from the next five missions they did.
    Apollo is the only one Tom make it through van Allen belt

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Exposure to radiation would be low. It takes a short amount of time to pass through the radiation belt, plus the spacecraft offers some protection.
    25000 miles is short is it only Apollo has made it through and you reckon we had the technology in 69 but don't now

Apollo is the only one Tom make it through van Allen belt
    Eh? There were six Apollo missions that landed on the moon.

Yes

Banned

Yes

Blue in the Face

Last edited by Blue in the Face; 17-07-16 at 08:58.