+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Labour Leadership odds

Labour Leadership odds

Corbyn 4/6

Smith 6/4

Eagle 20/1

Quite shocked Eagle has no chance according to the bookies.

Blue in the Face

Re: Labour Leadership odds

Are these odds still like this? Quite strange. I seem to remember Corbyn had really long odds before he won.

One of Smith or Eagle will have to drop out before the vote if they want to oust Corbyn. And Jezza will be hoping they are neck an neck with each other so neither drops out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Are these odds still like this? Quite strange. I seem to remember Corbyn had really long odds before he won.

One of Smith or Eagle will have to drop out before the vote if they want to oust Corbyn. And Jezza will be hoping they are neck an neck with each other so neither drops out.
    I note Jazz Richards is being signed up , and his odds are shorting by the day

Blue in the Face

Think you might be bang on Clark

We need something new, hated the 70's

British democracy is a con. It's an illusion of choice to keep us passive. For example: Tory government 1979-1997. Labour opposed all their major reforms (anti union laws, mass privatisations, etc.) Labour government 1997-2010. Didn't roll back on any workers rights or renationalise anything. Blair/Brown created nearly one new law every day for 13 years. Tories howled about the attack on civil liberties and the hugely expanded surveillance matrix. Tory government 2010-present day. Have forgotten all, and I mean all, of those concerns and are intent on adding to them... see the Investigatory Powers Bill.

Whoever any of us place an X next to, and it's not a secret ballot (another illusion) by the way, the bankers (especially) and mega corporations use them as their sock puppets.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Whoever any of us place an X next to, and it's not a secret ballot (another illusion) by the way, the bankers (especially) and mega corporations use them as their sock puppets.
    Agree with this part especially.

One thing I disagree with was saying we didn't re-nationalise anything. We re-nationalised the energy sector... Except the states that own it now are France and China.

Quote Originally Posted by cityviking View Post
    Corbyn 4/6

Smith 6/4

Eagle 20/1

Quite shocked Eagle has no chance according to the bookies.
    Eagle to win then, based on the bookies performance in the referendum.

Blue in the Face

From your post Clark you're already showing me you know more than I do on the matter. Not sure where the paper trail goes in regard to the trains.

I consider myself "bi-partisan" when it comes to polotics, so I don't have a fixed idealogoy. I often find the common sense answers are in the centre. But I have issues with railway sector having been privatised way back when. I may be showing me economic naivety here, but aren't the railways a natural monopoly anyway? How can you have competition on the railways?

There's been a rush of money for Corbyn over the past 24 hours. Now he's best-priced at 4-11.

Some of his most disloyal MPs have safe South Wales constituencies. Should he prevail, I would hope that Smith and particularly Kinnock and Bryant are de-selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There's been a rush of money for Corbyn over the past 24 hours. Now he's best-priced at 4-11.

Some of his most disloyal MPs have safe South Wales constituencies. Should he prevail, I would hope that Smith and particularly Kinnock and Bryant are de-selected.
    That would wipe the smirks off of their faces What would they do without the gravy train?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Eagle to win then, based on the bookies performance in the referendum.
    Eagle has flown the nest

Re: Eagle a goner

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    As suggested Eagle has quit the race - so it's Corbyn v Smith.

Smith would get my vote over Corbyn , and someone who can hopefully unite the Labour party and is definitely more electable than Corbyn.
    More electable possibly, but no different to the Tories. And don't forget the 52% disgruntled Brexit voters who may be looking for a new home come the next GE.

Re: Eagle a goner

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    How can the 52% be disgruntled if they actually voted and got Brexit. Or did you mean the 48% of Remain voters.

What the political background of Remain voters was I dont know - any ideas ?

That's why I think if Corbyn wins - there may well be a centre (slightly left) party of New Labour / Lib Dems and centre leaning Tories - that may very well stand on a manifesto of being in the EU - a sort of reverse UKIP if you like.
    Have they got a Brexit? Do you know something that I don't? Last I heard Cameron told May to sort it out, who told Sturgeon to sort it out ... who told ...