+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Expectations

Expectations

I've honestly got no expectations with regards to promotion etc this season.

Listening to Trollope's interview on YouTube, it's great to have a manager who is a football man and you can believe in.

I hope this season we see some progression in terms of a footballing identity and some youngsters knocking on the door.

There hasn't been much written about yesterday's game but my mate knows a lad who plays for Shrewsbury and he was very impressed with us.

Apparently we moved the ball well and played with a fluidity that has been missing for a long time. There is a buzz in the camp at the moment and it is possible we could surprise a few this season.

Re: Expectations

I agree Gringo that we have a real football man in charge who by the looks is willing to give the youngsters a chance.

The dinosaur system that old Russ bored us with for the last 18 months or so has at last disappeared and in has come a manager with more modern systems & the flexibility of change if it's not working.

The appointment of Dr Ryland Morgans also points that Trolls is trying to make sure he had all his bases covered.

Good entertaining, fast flowing attack minded football is all I hope for and after that, let's see where it takes us. Roll on the start of the season now.

I've got to say mate I'm amazed we managed to land Ryland Morgans and when you think that Klopp wanted to keep him but he was looking for a new challenge it shows how much of a couple it is.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I've got to say mate I'm amazed we managed to land Ryland Morgans and when you think that Klopp wanted to keep him but he was looking for a new challenge it shows how much of a couple it is.
    With him and Trolls in and around the Welsh squad maybe they enjoy working with each other? Either way, like you, over the moon and amazed that someone of his calibre chose to come here.

I always look forward to the new season with hope that we might move forward in terms of the football on display, but didn't really know how that would happen in the past, except for the promotion season when it looked as if we might have the players to step up - but didn't.

This coming season has a different feel to it - as if change is in the air. Not sure whether that's good or bad at present, but Trollope is at least making the right moves to my mind at present in trialling a number of approaches to formation and players to be used.

I'm genuinely getting excited about what might be possible if we start using tactics appropriately with the quality of players we have here - and if the players are starting to get a buzz from it too then all the better!

Listening to Trollope's interview on YouTube, it's great to have a manager who is a football man and you can believe in.

I hope this season we see some progression in terms of a footballing identity and some youngsters knocking on the door.

There hasn't been much written about yesterday's game but my mate knows a lad who plays for Shrewsbury and he was very impressed with us.

Apparently we moved the ball well and played with a fluidity that has been missing for a long time. There is a buzz in the camp at the moment and it is possible we could surprise a few this season.
    I can see post EURO2016, this is going to become the new buzz phrase

Blue in the Face

Great to see some excellent positive posts.

I don't demand that PT has to turn us into a great playing side overnight and I'm happy for him to get a good amount of time. Though our fortunes changes immediately after he arrived at the club and it looks as though we weren't even playing a system that he would've favored anyway.

I haven't felt optimistic about CCFC in a couple of years. Good times

As long as we play better football with a bit of style and purpose this season,and he gives the kids a chance. How many kids are put off coming here when they see player after player not making the first team,or even the bench? If this happens it would make me happy

Regarding the Slade tenure I gave up watching or listening to his interviews after about 6 weeks. The same one-dimensional statements on his one-dimensional football showed he lacked the ability to do anything original. Trollop, on the other hand, impressed me greatly with the only interview I've heard so far. Clearly both a student and thinker on the game he is willing to learn. Slade and Trollop are chalk and cheese. At last we have a manager who is not afraid to experiment and make tactical changes during games. I wish him well.

StT.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Regarding the Slade tenure I gave up watching or listening to his interviews after about 6 weeks. The same one-dimensional statements on his one-dimensional football showed he lacked the ability to do anything original. Trollop, on the other hand, impressed me greatly with the only interview I've heard so far. Clearly both a student and thinker on the game he is willing to learn. Slade and Trollop are chalk and cheese. At last we have a manager who is not afraid to experiment and make tactical changes during games. I wish him well.

StT.
    I agree. in the end the only reason I was listening to Slade's interviews was to what ridiculous bull shit he would come out with next.
    Everything about him screamed out "lazy twat".
    He made some many errors in his press conferences it just confirmed to me my suspicion that he was just blagging it.

Just watched the first half of yesterday's match on Cardiff City Player and we were very dominant. I thought Ajayi showed up well and Declan John was the more impressive of our wing backs (Fabio was a bit careless with his crossing), but, although we looked very comfortable in possession with the three centrebacks system, the real test will come for them, and our wing backs, when we have to do more defending.

Pilkington looked very much at home as he often came deep to join in with passing movements, as did Gounongbe at times - on this evidence our new striker is a bit more than just a target man.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just watched the first half of yesterday's match on Cardiff City Player and we were very dominant. I thought Ajayi showed up well and Declan John was the more impressive of our wing backs (Fabio was a bit careless with his crossing), but, although we looked very comfortable in possession with the three centrebacks system, the real test will come for them, and our wing backs, when we have to do more defending.

Pilkington looked very much at home as he often came deep to join in with passing movements, as did Gounongbe at times - on this evidence our new striker is a bit more than just a target man.
    cheers Bob, I've been surprised with the lack of feedback from the game and it's good to finally get some views

Not so impressive after the break from the starting eleven and the performance only picked up again once the eleven that replaced them on the hour mark had settled in. Simon Moore was called on to make a good save when it was 4-0, but that was the only occasion during the match when Shrewsbury looked like they might score. Shrewsbury were either made to look poor by City or they are a genuinely poor side who we were just lucky enough to take advantage of - time will tell which one it was.

I thought Theo Wharton did well at right back when he came on and Tom Adeyemi gave a few reminders that he is still around (based solely on the half an hour they both played on Saturday, I'd say he looked a better option that Dikgacoi), while Kenneth Zohore made another of those influential substitute appearances that we saw from time to time from him last season.

I am just so happy that slade as gone and i don't have to watch that shit for another season. Im also well happy with Trolls he has the potential to be a very successful manager and i hope that success starts with us.
    Great to see Lennie Lawrence in the back room as well think he has a vast knowledge of the game that can only be good for the club.

Banned

I expect much of the same really, you Jamie and casual calling for the managers head once the going gets a bit tough. I wouldn't want to be in PT shoes if he don't play the youngsters, god help him.
    We will finish bottom half of the table.

Experience has managed my expectations to be fairly low tbh.

But I live in hope.

Same here. A brilliant acquisition by the City.
    Spedger