+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is it with the declan john love in?

Re: What is it with the declan john love in?

We want " one of our own " do do well ,not complicated

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Couple of things, first, I think Matt Connolly was our right back for most of that season, not Super Kev, second, what you describe is what we had for nearly two seasons under Slade. As I've said plenty of times before, Slade had a luxury few managers get when we had two months worth of games with nothing on them at the end of 14/15 - a great chance to experiment with personnel and systems you would have thought.

For example, we have/had strength in depth at centreback that we didn't have in other areas, so why not use a Wales like system which enabled us to get three of our better players into the team where only two of them were featuring previously? Such a system would also allow Fabio and Malone more of a chance to play to what is, arguably, the strongest part of their game - who knows, Declan John may have got a game as well.

Of course, anything like that was always going to be a step too far for a manager who has made a decent career for himself by steering his team into mid table mediocrity year in, year out - Russell Slade, better than some, but worse than many.
    I would agree , however Malky also had the luxury of cash which in my view blind - sided him , and he wasted , he should have kept the nucleolus of the promotion side together as squad members ,as a minimum such as Super Kev , Hudson , Rudy . Rall's should have been used and developed that season as well ,at least Slade fixed that one .

OGS also had the luxury of some cash, but was probably even more clueless about tactics than Slade ,which you could question after playing at such a high level . Finally we have DJ king of the loans scheme and aging premiership players rather than taking a punt or developing youngsters , not wanting to take a punt on Ramsey or Gunter in the first team for me was inexcusable who were well ahead of the skill factor than John and many youngsters at that age.

I prey we have learned the lessons as a club , I am more than willing for a lean year or two , if its is one of development of younger ,vibrant talent , preferably Welsh , just in the way Wales attained its current status . .

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    I just dont get this at all?
    I can only put it down to him being Welsh?
    If he wasnt Welsh he wouldnt get a mention?
    He is no world beater and cannot play a traditional left back role because like Fabio he cant defend well enough.
    Lets get real eh
    He needs to prove himself. Personally I favour Fabio. Both players could make the claim that being first choice with a run of games will improve their performance. Time is not on either's side. Their mistakes cannot loses us points.

Sadly, there have been to many matches where we have given away goals through defensive lapses on the left.
    In part because there are more good right wide players / wingers than there are left.

So, whoever is started with needs to keep an eye over their shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think describing Taylor as a good full back who can attack and defend negates the whole argument immediately
    WIth all respect you are talking absolute bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think describing Taylor as a good full back who can attack and defend negates the whole argument immediately
    Taylor was one of the best left backs we have had in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I would agree , however Malky also had the luxury of cash which in my view blind - sided him , and he wasted , he should have kept the nucleolus of the promotion side together as squad members ,as a minimum such as Super Kev , Hudson , Rudy . Rall's should have been used and developed that season as well ,at least Slade fixed that one .

OGS also had the luxury of some cash, but was probably even more clueless about tactics than Slade ,which you could question after playing at such a high level . Finally we have DJ king of the loans scheme and aging premiership players rather than taking a punt or developing youngsters , not wanting to take a punt on Ramsey or Gunter in the first team for me was inexcusable who were well ahead of the skill factor than John and many youngsters at that age.

I prey we have learned the lessons as a club , I am more than willing for a lean year or two , if its is one of development of younger ,vibrant talent , preferably Welsh , just in the way Wales attained its current status . .
    Bit harsh on DJ for Gunter and Ramsey. Both of them got game time under him- Ramsey as a 16 year old. And both would have played a lot more if they hadn't been sold off