+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shaping up for war in Europe

Blog Entries

Re: Shaping up for war in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    IT is the doom predictions of Gluey. That lady wouldnt be happy until impending doom was at her door.
    Why do you call him a lady?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    People who know better than me about these things say that we came pretty close to a World War 3 during the Cuban missile crisis in the early sixties. I was too young to realise what was happening at the time and, anyway, I get the feeling that the ordinary man and woman in the street had little idea of how serious things became, but what we are living through now strikes me as the most dangerous period since the age where I was able to make some sort of educated judgment on matters like this - i.e. about 1970.

There was plenty to be concerned about during the EU referendum, but one of the worst aspects of it for me was that it led plenty of credence to my theory that we are suffering from a lack of credible political leaders in this country at the moment - actually, I don't think there are too many worldwide either. I don't see it as a party political matter, accomplished leaders and statesmen/women just don't seem to be there at a time when we most need them.
    Politicians are polished now, with about 5 ready made jokes and soundbites to answer any journalist. They have little substance, and it shows.

I don't think we're on the verge of WW3, personally speaking. But, I think there are lots of little fireworks ready to go off in various parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Maybe it's the opposite of 1938, and we're just too ready for war at the moment.

Might as well use up those Trident nukes now, then we won't have to spend the money renewing them (there'll be no one left to bomb). Win win.
    On the subject of trident, why are we renewing it?

Do the old ones have a use by date like orange juice?

More importantly, why can't we just pretend and tell people we've renewed? Who will actually know if we've renewed them or not?

Even more importantly, how does anyone know they even work? It's not like you can try before you buy.

The early to mid 80s were pretty scary times, especially with Reagan with his very anti Soviet and Evil Empire rhetoric. Plus I saw a documentary a few years back, about how the Soviets were on the brink of setting their Nuclear Arsenal on us, because their computer systems malfunctioned and they thought they were being attacked by NATO. The fella on duty that day was later fired, because he never pressed the alarm to inform his superiors that NATO were attacking. His gut instinct was that something was not right and he was proved correct.

A big difference between now and the 80s though, is that Putin takes no crap. Back in the 80s the Soviets had very old unwell men, like Brezhnev, Chernenko and Andropov in charge, who probably didn't have a clue what was going on.

Agreed. It's like the alarm boxes on the outside of houses. I am sure many of them are empty, but they are visually a deterrent to burglars ������

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    IT is the doom predictions of Gluey. That lady wouldnt be happy until impending doom was at her door.
    The lady has obviously made a prediction having made a detailed analysis of world events, and then applied her crititacal thinking skills.

Do you believe all analysts want their predictions to come true? How about the economic analylists predicting a banking collapse? Do you really think they want it to happen, even though it will feck up their own lives?

You Sir are a cull dunt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The lady has obviously made a prediction having made a detailed analysis of world events, and then applied her crititacal thinking skills.

Do you believe all analysts want their predictions to come true? How about the economic analylists predicting a banking collapse? Do you really think they want it to happen, even though it will feck up their own lives?

You Sir are a cull dunt
    Perhaps you know, why does he call you woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Perhaps you know, why does he call you woman?
    cos he's a massive "c u next tuesday"

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Inspector Clouseau to the rescue

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post

It's the first time I've seen him express an opinion on here

I wanted to be a dancer when I saw Dirty Dancing.
    Blimey!

I knew Patrick Swayze worked out for 'that lift'............but, blimey.....

Blog Entries

It's the first time I've seen him express an opinion on here
    Not getting involved

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    Blimey!

I knew Patrick Swayze worked out for 'that lift'............but, blimey.....
    Shaping up for war are you?

"Erdogan announces 3 month state of emergency in Turkey after coup attempt"
    https://www.rt.com/news/352361-turke...gency-erdogan/

Another 3 months that will never be lifted either
    Last edited by Mrs Steve R; 20-07-16 at 21:03.

Do you have your finger on the button, then.....
    ....if only you could find it....
    lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    Do you have your finger on the button, then.....
    ....if only you could find it....
    lol
    I'm no Theresa May.. thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    The early to mid 80s were pretty scary times, especially with Reagan with his very anti Soviet and Evil Empire rhetoric. Plus I saw a documentary a few years back, about how the Soviets were on the brink of setting their Nuclear Arsenal on us, because their computer systems malfunctioned and they thought they were being attacked by NATO. The fella on duty that day was later fired, because he never pressed the alarm to inform his superiors that NATO were attacking. His gut instinct was that something was not right and he was proved correct.

A big difference between now and the 80s though, is that Putin takes no crap. Back in the 80s the Soviets had very old unwell men, like Brezhnev, Chernenko and Andropov in charge, who probably didn't have a clue what was going on.
    God help us. The ignorance and deluded perceptions of the modern young generation are truly astounding. Go and ask a citizen of any former Soviet occupied European country what they thought of Ronald Reagan. They are slightly more qualified to pass comment than some pampered iPhone-addicted airhead which constitute the ranks of modern youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    The South China Sea is a huge flashpoint. The Philippines recently won their case in the Hague, but China have stated that they do not recognise the ruling. There are American military in the area, and the Philippines has just elected a new leader who may, very well, decide to side with China anyway - because the recent court case was brought forward by his predecessor.

The new Philippine president is an interesting character to say the least and I recommend that people read up on what has been happening there in the last 3 weeks, particularly their clamp-down on drug lords and drug dealers.

If anything is going to "kick off" it will be in the South China Sea, or the Middle East. The American elections are the key event of the next 6 months.
    And it's not beyond the realms of possibility that China could invade Taiwan.

You can only die once . Be it on the cobbles of coronation street or by Putins henchmen we are all on a countdown to the slab

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Do you also miss the draft and rationing?
    No just newsnight clips of statues falling down, and the orange glow of night skys

Not getting involved

Totally agree.

This could be the start of seriously major problems within Turkey, Europe and the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    God help us. The ignorance and deluded perceptions of the modern young generation are truly astounding. Go and ask a citizen of any former Soviet occupied European country what they thought of Ronald Reagan. They are slightly more qualified to pass comment than some pampered iPhone-addicted airhead which constitute the ranks of modern youth.
    What Mario said sounds about right to me.

http://www.history.com/news/history-...ar-close-calls

Putin is a very dangerous man indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Totally agree.

This could be the start of seriously major problems within Turkey, Europe and the Middle East.
    Let's hope Europe doesn't start poking their noses into the mess that is Turkey at least he's trying to keep the genies in their bottles as did Sadam and Assad until the west's intervention so let him get on with it.

Not getting involved

France doubled up and went for 6.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Totally agree.

That seems to be the plan, eventually all the states of emergency will become one massive state of emergency, like a new world order kinda thing

France doubled up and went for 6.
    Did they? Sneaky feckers.

Tony Blair took us into an illegal war on the misconception that Iraq had acquired weapons of mass destruction. The number of troops and Iraqi civilians killed does not bear thinking about. Even today with the war officially over, civilians are being killed on a daily basis by insurgents. A lifelong, Labour voter, I vowed never to vote for Tony Blair or the governments he represents ever again after his scandal-ridden premiership. But when he did that 'am I bovvered' sketch with Catherine Tait on Comic Relief night, I screamed with laughter and thought, well done Tony, you've got my vote back.