+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 World Cup qualifying tickets news

2018 World Cup qualifying tickets news

Seems fair (as long as they dont sell more memberships then tickets)

http:// http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/world-c...ament-tickets/

On sale to the most loyal fans from tomorrow.

Re: 2018 World Cup qualifying tickets news

To be fair, like many others I didn't purchase my membership before the tournament as I didn't know they were on sale!

There we are then, that's fecked me

How about away tickets?

This is actually a bit shit. I had a 2016 tournament ticket and 2016 gold membership but I had no idea that 2018 memberships were on sale until last week.
    But some one that didn't have any previous memberships or tornanent tickets but bought a £10 gold membership in June gets priority.

The criteria is shocking! I've bought these memberships ever since the FAW started using them, but because I didn't renew till a few weeks back, I find myself in the stage 4 criteria. Basically a person who's never been to a Wales game can get a membership and have as much chance of getting a ticket as me.

This is awful, I have had season tickets and memberships for the last 2 qualifying groups and probably before that(cant remember if I bought season tickets before that or single games for Euro 2012 qualifiers). Had tickets for all 6 games in France but because I did not know membership was on sale until I stumbled across it whilst looking for tickets news on the FAW site a couple of weeks ago (at which point I bought one).

Effectively in the same boat as Mario where any Johnny come lately who bought a new membership before 9th June but has never been to any Wales game ever before jumps in front of me. I will be firing off a complaint email to the FAW shortly.
    Did anyone else get any publicity regarding the new memberships?

Last edited by cityviking; 20-07-16 at 20:08.

A little surprised by this. We purchased the half Euro 16 tournament tickets and went to the Bosnia game too but only bought membership for the World Cup qualifiers last week so are unlikely to get tickets. Oh well.I had hoped previous attendance prior to the finals may have counted for more.

I think the info is very badly written. I think the criteria is:

Stage 1 - 2016 and 2018 Membership and 2016 tournament ticket
    Stage 2 - 2016 Tournament ticket holder
    Stage 3 - 2016 and 2018 membership
    Stage 4 - 2018 membership only

Stage 2 is confusing people because they didn't need to include the membership details for this stage.

Does stage 2 include those who bought the half Euro 2016 tournament tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post

Stage 2 is confusing people because they didn't need to include the membership details for this stage.

Stage 2 details: 2018 World Cup Gold or Junior Member (where membership was purchased/renewed before 23:59 on 9 June 2016), + Euro 2016 Gold or Junior Membership OR Euro 2016 Tournament Ticket assigned to their account. Maximum 1 ticket per eligible member during this stage, maximum 10 tickets in total (with 10 valid memberships on the booking). Tickets on sale from 10am on Wednesday 27th July until 5pm on Tuesday 2 August.

Basically having a world cup membership purchased before 9th June is rated higher than having any euros and qualifying tickets, what a piss take.

I really hope you're right, otherwise the FAW have made a big cock up.

Note the capitalised and underlined OR. I've just re-read the stages. Here's an updated table:

Stage 2 - 2016 Tournament ticket holder OR 2016 & 2018 membership
    Stage 3 - 2018 membership only bought before 9th June
    Stage 4 - 2018 membership only bought after 9th June

Seems fair apart from the first stage getting 2 tickets. Hopefully all those eligible under stage 1,2 or 3 will get tickets as the FAW should know numbers eligible and know the capacity of CCS minus away fans and corporate freeloaders.
    Last edited by PontBlue; 20-07-16 at 20:25.

It's a pity that people who bought individual tickets for the previous tournament couldn't have been rewarded.

Note the capitalised and underlined OR. I've just re-read the stages. Here's an updated table:

Stage 2 - 2016 Tournament ticket holder OR 2016 & 2018 membership
    Stage 3 - 2018 membership only bought before 9th June
    Stage 4 - 2018 membership only bought after 9th June

Seems fair apart from the first stage getting 2 tickets. Hopefully all those eligible under stage 1,2 or 3 will get tickets.

I hope you are right mate but this is not the case based on the way it is written Stage 2 is you HAVE to have a WC membership bought 9th June or before plus EITHER a Euros membership or ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I really hope you're right, otherwise the FAW have made a big cock up.
    If it isn't then the FAW have shit on previous tournament ticket holders as they aren't eligible in stage 3 or 4.

What really pisses me off is the lack of publicity about the memberships - if I had known they were on sale I would have bought one straight away.

If the number of current Gold members being mooted of 18000 is correct then surely everyone who currently has a WC membership should be OK (all be it they may not get the seat they want).
    I am stage 2 & timing sucks as 27 July is first day of my Summer hols in Italy, but hey ho, guess I'll have go a bit easier on the spending money😂
    Can understand loyal fans who fall in to stage 4 by not renewing membership by the 9th being pissed, but if the FAW were to freeze membership before there are not enough tickets to offer existing members, then the biggest moan you can have is u don't get the seat you want, in which case the FAW will have done OK imho!

Agreed. I only found out about this last week.

think the FAW should freeze membership sales when they can't guarantee all members a home ticket otherwise you will then have pissed off members who will have spent £10 for nothing

It's a good point Darran

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    think the FAW should freeze membership sales when they can't guarantee all members a home ticket otherwise you will then have pissed off members who will have spent £10 for nothing
    Agree with this as then, as I said above, very little to moan about. Would also be good publicity when they put remaining tickets on sale (I.e 'last 3000 tickets available go on sale' in the press etc)

Complaint email sent to FAW:

Dear Sir/Madam
    I wish to complain about the criteria you have set for the purchase of tickets for the upcoming World cup qualification campaign, I have had season tickets and memberships for the last qualifying group and had tickets for all 6 games in France but because of your lack of publicity regarding the sale of memberships I did not know membership was on sale until I stumbled across it whilst looking for tickets news on the FAW site a couple of weeks ago (at which point I immediately bought one).

Effectively under the current criteria anyone who bought a new membership before 9th June but has never been to any Wales game ever before jumps the queue in front of me. I would like to complain about this and to strongly suggest you reconsider the criteria prior to starting the ticket sales. Furthermore I would like to suggest that in future you publicise both the sale and importance of memberships more widely.

Grrrrrr.............I had a season ticket for euros bought by my mate with his FAW membership number, I went to Bordeaux and Lyon but once again someone else bought them but I did get a membership before 9th June so technically I should be stage 1 but am now stage 3 !!

Had an email on 19th April from FAW stating World Cup Memberships were on sale. Happened to see it and renew shortly afterwards, but could just as easily have left it until after the Euros as there was no deadline given or suggestion there would be any kind of first-come first served process.