+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2018 World Cup qualifying tickets news

Re: 2018 World Cup qualifying tickets news

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Yes this really is a joke.

They seem to be rewarding people who were lucky enough to get Euro 2016 tournament tickets first.

I say lucky, as I applied as did my two sons and got none, and yet a mate applied and got 'follow my team' tickets.

What a joke.

Tournament tickets were the season tickets for the home qualifiers, nothing to do with France.

like many on here really annoyed by FAW. Got 2018 membership. Had euro 2016 qualifiers tournament tickets went to away games including Cyprus and Andorra. Went to every game in France. Travelled over 5000 miles. enjoyed all this in the company of my son who came on my tickets. Now told I cant have tickets till next week and then only one. All because I missed an artificial deadline which I wasn't informed about. How to ruin the feelgood factor by the Welsh FA.

Corky...Lucy. ..wtf is happening!
    I was ill informed by Lucy back in March about the gold memberships

Someone on the other board is saying that he spoke to the FAW ticket office on the phone today and he said that anyone who bought a ticket when they weren't entitled to are going to be issued refunds and tickets won't be issued. Not sure if true

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Someone on the other board is saying that he spoke to the FAW ticket office on the phone today and he said that anyone who bought a ticket when they weren't entitled to are going to be issued refunds and tickets won't be issued. Not sure if true
    Crikey!

Not content in upsetting all the fans entitled to a ticket they now go and piss the rest off by taking their tickets off them!!

In honesty that's probably the best thing to do to be fair.

Stage 2 sales up and running this morning.

I can't assign a ticket to my mate who is also eligible from stage 2 today....anyone else having difficulty?

Got mine 3 seats down from my City ST. Phew

Quote Originally Posted by BlueShire View Post
    I can't assign a ticket to my mate who is also eligible from stage 2 today....anyone else having difficulty?
    Yes, I did. Try inputting his email address instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Yes, I did. Try inputting his email address instead.
    Thanks. I can find him as he's always been in my network its just when I click his name I get the error message saying....

Unfortunately, the client you have selected does not have the correct memberships to purchase this seat.

I think the guy I could allocate to was not actually eligible until stage 4!

I have a mix of stage 2 and stage 4 eligible in my group of 10. Is the best tactic now to wait until Stage 4 to buy all the tickets so we can guarantee seats next to each other or get as many in this stage and hope that the seats near us haven't sold out by stage 4?

Anyways, abandoned for today will try again later.

Went to club ticket office bought tournament ticket with valid membership for stage 2 no queuing took 10 mins

Not happy. Rang in today and was told I could buy a tournament ticket but my son couldn't. When I bought our half tournament tickets for the Euro qualifiers I apparently did my son's ticket in my name so they are refusing to allow him the points from those games.
    So even though he went to four of the home qualifiers it counts for nothing.

Not pleased.

We are in a simular situation. I bought three tournamet tickets for myself and both young sons and now as they were in my name I am the only one able to buy tickets today even though my history shows that I have bought the three tournament tickets and were all members now . It seems that families are having this problem and it is very unfair. As tickets were easily available to buy for the last qualifiers there was no need to purchase a membership. As season ticket holders you don't buy a membership do you??? When explaining to the girl on the phone that I didnt buy the membership for the last campaign as we'd already got tickets for all the games so paying £10 to be a member would be a waste of money, she told me that it showed loyalty to the FAW???? 2 other families that I know of are in the same boat because they bought childrens tickets.

I am going to ring them again tomorrow. What they are saying is ridiculous. Why would you or I buy concession tickets over and above our own in the first place? Why should my son who was twelve at the time have to have the tickets in his own name? Absolutely nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Not happy. Rang in today and was told I could buy a tournament ticket but my son couldn't. When I bought our half tournament tickets for the Euro qualifiers I apparently did my son's ticket in my name so they are refusing to allow him the points from those games.
    So even though he went to four of the home qualifiers it counts for nothing.

Not pleased.
    Same here. I bought 6 tournament tickets plus other qualifying match tickets, 32 tickets in total, but because they were all in my name, I can only have a single ticket. I've now got to wait until stage 4 & hope I can get them all together (if at all!)

Quote Originally Posted by ianto73 View Post
    We are in a simular situation. I bought three tournamet tickets for myself and both young sons and now as they were in my name I am the only one able to buy tickets today even though my history shows that I have bought the three tournament tickets and were all members now . It seems that families are having this problem and it is very unfair. As tickets were easily available to buy for the last qualifiers there was no need to purchase a membership. As season ticket holders you don't buy a membership do you??? When explaining to the girl on the phone that I didnt buy the membership for the last campaign as we'd already got tickets for all the games so paying £10 to be a member would be a waste of money, she told me that it showed loyalty to the FAW???? 2 other families that I know of are in the same boat because they bought childrens tickets.
    I'm in the same boat. Had tournament tickets for the last campaign via my sons membership. Bought my membership in April but can't buy 2018 tickets. I've even got my ticket stub for a 1983/4 Home Internationals game at the Vetch. Why did I bother?

Seems unfair that you could show your 'loyalty' by having a tournament ticket last time without membership but it means nothing now.

What a joke. The FAW don't seem to value loyalty. What do they think you would be doing with those tournament tickets? Using all of them on yourself?
    They have made one hell of a mess of this.
    They have got a lot of stuff right but this has been shambolic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    What a joke. The FAW don't seem to value loyalty. What do they think you would be doing with those tournament tickets? Using all of them on yourself?
    They have made one hell of a mess of this.
    They have got a lot of stuff right but this has been shambolic.
    The FAW have all of the booking history for the Euro tickets, their response is below. As I have only ever bought tickets under my name, there has been no need to have accounts for my sons. I've made sure they now have them now!

If you assigned tickets to your sons’ accounts at the time of purchasing the tickets then these will show up on their respective booking histories, unfortunately, if you did not do this then it cannot be done retrospectively.

All the best,

Matthew Evans
    Ticketing and Membership Executive
    Football Association of Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    The FAW have all of the booking history for the Euro tickets, their response is below. As I have only ever bought tickets under my name, there has been no need to have accounts for my sons. I've made sure they now have them now!

If you assigned tickets to your sons’ accounts at the time of purchasing the tickets then these will show up on their respective booking histories, unfortunately, if you did not do this then it cannot be done retrospectively.

All the best,

Matthew Evans
    Ticketing and Membership Executive
    Football Association of Wales

To be fair there has to be a line drawn somewhere, I can understand your frustration, but if they let one person get away with it, then everyone will start re-assigning tickets bought years ago to all their mates.

Hopefully it just a lesson learnt for the future, its easy to assign someone online in purchases.

p.s.

Just purchased my tournament ticket, and there are thousands left! people in lower categories will be pleasantly surprised at the availability, so hopefully your son will be sorted, If you have to purchase in different area, FAW are usual good at moving the seats together at a later date.

I know they had to draw the line somewhere, but to me it's amateurish how the FAW have done this. There was no mention of any deadline when the memberships went on sale, how is it that someone who was a gold member for the euros, gets to buy an extra ticket just because he or she renewed early? I'm in the same position as the likes of Pearcey, I bought my euro membership and tournament ticket for myself and my boy, who I never got membership for because I didn't need it. Tried to get tickets for us, but can only get my own. Will have to wait for stage 4.