+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Havant & Waterloovile 1-0 Cardiff dvp

Havant & Waterloovile 1-0 Cardiff dvp

I went along to the game this evening as I live locally. H&W were relegated from the conference south last season ( on the last day and by one goal!) and will play in the Ryman Premier next season

The Cardiff side,playing in red, consisted of 9 youngsters and Le Fondre and dikgacoi - no sign of macheda this time out.

There was not too much to report on the game itself which was pretty poor. The Hawks won it with a goal about 10 minutes from the end after we lost possession at the back and could have scored earlier but for good stops from the 2 young keepers City played in both halves. I think City mustered their first and only shot on target with about 2 minutes left

No one in the side tonight pressed a claim for first team inclusion, Digkacoi ( must learn to spell his name) looked very unfit and carrying some excess timber and Le Fondre didn't have a shot on target all game. None of the youngsters stood out and Havant deserved the win and it could have been by a greater margin. Cardiff simply didn't look like scoring or even threatening to make their keeper get his shirt dirty.

I know it was only a friendly but a disappointing performance, especially considering the level of the opposition and the lack of efforts on goal

Blue in the Face

Re: Havant & Waterloovile 1-0 Cardiff dvp

Thanks for the report Don.

Sounds like Cardiff are carrying excess timber too in the form of OGS signings. Don't bother learning Dikagcoi's name, if he's playing in this DVP game he's clearly on his way out. He does this unprofessional return to training every summer at every club he's ever played for. Let's be honest, he's a very fat man waiting to happen.

Feel bad for the DVP players who have to make way for these seniors in these games.
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 21-07-16 at 01:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I went along to the game this evening as I live locally. H&W were relegated from the conference south last season ( on the last day and by one goal!) and will play in the Ryman Premier next season

The Cardiff side,playing in red, consisted of 9 youngsters and Le Fondre and dikgacoi - no sign of macheda this time out.

There was not too much to report on the game itself which was pretty poor. The Hawks won it with a goal about 10 minutes from the end after we lost possession at the back and could have scored earlier but for good stops from the 2 young keepers City played in both halves. I think City mustered their first and only shot on target with about 2 minutes left

No one in the side tonight pressed a claim for first team inclusion, Digkacoi ( must learn to spell his name) looked very unfit and carrying some excess timber and Le Fondre didn't have a shot on target all game. None of the youngsters stood out and Havant deserved the win and it could have been by a greater margin. Cardiff simply didn't look like scoring or even threatening to make their keeper get his shirt dirty.

I know it was only a friendly but a disappointing performance, especially considering the level of the opposition and the lack of efforts on goal
    Thanks for that

Bugger I.m a day late. Travelling down toPompey this morning and playing golf with Keith at Rowland's Castle. Could have come down last night and taken the game in if I.d known about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post

Thanks for that Don - not really fair to be too critical about a game you didn't see, but, based on what you said and the status of both sides, I find it hard to see how the City contingent could have taken many positives from that match.