+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jacks having a little dig

Re: Jacks having a little dig

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    What's that got to do with you wanting us to have American owners?
    You can't work that out for yourself.

We've had Welsh owners in the past and they've been terrible. We currently have a Malaysian owner and he's a ****ing clown. I'd take Swansea's American owners in a heartbeat.

Swansea are the fourth Premier League club with American owners. The others being Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd. Not bad company I'm sure you'd agree.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

We've had Welsh owners in the past and they've been terrible. We currently have a Malaysian owner and he's a ****ing clown. I'd take Swansea's American owners in a heartbeat.

Swansea are the fourth Premier League club with American owners. The others being Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd. Not bad company I'm sure you'd agree.
    Aston Villa had yank owners as well, maybe not so great after all.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Are they now called Swansea City soccer club
    Got Swansea bay Buccaneers written all over it...going to be a huge season for them after this and flirting with relegation last season. Williams is their rock, when he goes the ship will sink I reckon.

Did you forget about randy??? Sold up now but hardly a success. The other 3 are hardly compatible to little Swansea town are they they are global brands. No one in the USA would have heard if Swansea city 10 years ago would they. Still, I'd probably rather them. Big season for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    The important thing is the choices Tan and the suits make going forward. I'm seeing lots of signs that they may have learned from and grown from they mistakes. By all means, hold our board to account if the mess up again in the future. But I have a good feeling for now and I'm willing to forgive and forget if they get things right. Let's see.
    I stand by what I have said. They are, essentially, cleaning away the turds on the doorstep that they dumped there themselves.

We were told - Tan's a billionaire, he knows what he is doing. Yet, because of catastrophic errors on the hugest ever scale - the club is skint, it blew £100m in one season, it has alienated a large number of its customer base. It is now standing in a quagmire of mediocrity. Hats off to anyone that still has hope for the future, but the club are no longer in a position to challenge for a place in the Premier League.

If Tan knew what he was doing, the club would be one of the wealthiest in the division now.

Ergo, Tan didn't have the faintest clue what he was doing, unlike the board out west that are in a position where they can quite legitimately poke fun of Cardiff whenever the opportunity arises.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Still supporting them then Jirg?

I thought you weren't swapping over to this board?
    I swapped over - most people realised it a few months ago so welcome to June - Wales will have a great Euros. ;-)

You can try all you like to make my claims illegitimate by claiming that I support Swansea (I don't) - it's a classic ploy and one that works well for the people that like to pigeon hole others (Lawnmower attempts to do that too).

Are Cardiff a bigger or smaller club than when Tan took over with a £100m investment? Are Cardiff stronger on the pitch than they were when Tan walked into the club with £100m? Are the crowds bigger or smaller? Are the TV companies knocking on the door to feature Cardiff live on TV? Are advertising revenues as strong as they once were?

All legitimate questions, but yes, answer those with a "You slimy JB" type post that is factually incorrect (apart from the slimy bit).

Good for them. I wish we had American owners.

We did change our colours and it was ****ing ridiculous.
    For sure ,but on a positive note ,have the jacks ever had free scarves? Lovely red scarves.....

We are heading towards being debt free club. 30 plus thousand seater stadium and a large if fickel fan base.

Foundations are being laid to a great long term future.

Some Jacks dont like it.

You play in a stadium a third full
    Just appointed an average lower league manager
    Very outside chance of promotion
    Signing a player who was our third choice full back
    You have a lunatic at the helm

whats not to like ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pencoed Jack View Post
    You play in a stadium a third full
    Just appointed an average lower league manager
    Very outside chance of promotion
    Signing a player who was our third choice full back
    You have a lunatic at the helm

whats not to like ?
    The ground is owned by us.
    Who the **** was monk when he was made your manager
    More chance than you have of winning the premier
    But he had nothing to do with the scum when we signed him
    He is our lunatic.
    You

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I swapped over - most people realised it a few months ago so welcome to June - Wales will have a great Euros. ;-)

You can try all you like to make my claims illegitimate by claiming that I support Swansea (I don't) - it's a classic ploy and one that works well for the people that like to pigeon hole others (Lawnmower attempts to do that too).

Are Cardiff a bigger or smaller club than when Tan took over with a £100m investment? Are Cardiff stronger on the pitch than they were when Tan walked into the club with £100m? Are the crowds bigger or smaller? Are the TV companies knocking on the door to feature Cardiff live on TV? Are advertising revenues as strong as they once were?

All legitimate questions, but yes, answer those with a "You slimy JB" type post that is factually incorrect (apart from the slimy bit).
    Sorry mate, I was in France for most of June so must've missed the memo. Trust you had fun on here though. ;)

All those points may be relevant, but probably not in a thread that's about the Swansea management having a dig at City. Maybe that's why you get pigeon holed so often?

Sorry mate, I was in France for most of June so must've missed the memo. Trust you had fun on here though. ;)

All those points may be relevant, but probably not in a thread that's about the Swansea management having a dig at City. Maybe that's why you get pigeon holed so often?
    Yep, had lots of fun on here in June. Although your post count remains too out of reach :)

Nah, I get pigeon holed because that's the easiest way to deal with me. A thread about Swansea having a dig was always liable to end up in a "well they are in a position to have a dig".

I've been raising the same points for the last few years - generally people respond with abuse. Occasionally I get banned for not swearing.

No doubt I'll have further opportunities to raise these points - and you can all bat them away with character assassinations

Why the name change? Ashamed of the jirga ?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Did you forget about randy??? Sold up now but hardly a success. The other 3 are hardly compatible to little Swansea town are they they are global brands. No one in the USA would have heard if Swansea city 10 years ago would they. Still, I'd probably rather them. Big season for them.
    People have heard of Swansea now. However, unfortunately for them, I think their new owners are a bit late to the party. My point though, is that I would still rather have them than what we currently have and that I think they have every right to have a dig, as our owner turned us into a joke.

Yep, had lots of fun on here in June. Although your post count remains too out of reach :)

Nah, I get pigeon holed because that's the easiest way to deal with me. A thread about Swansea having a dig was always liable to end up in a "well they are in a position to have a dig".

I've been raising the same points for the last few years - generally people respond with abuse. Occasionally I get banned for not swearing.

No doubt I'll have further opportunities to raise these points - and you can all bat them away with character assassinations
    I used to think like you, during the 'red era', but last season I went to a pile of games and despite Russell's best efforts I still enjoyed watching the team.

The bitterness you insist on holding onto is borne from decisions made during a bygone era, we're a blue club once more, let it go clart, you're fuc king depressing.

Of course it's out of reach you, flounced for a few weeks and come back with a new identity (despite saying you wouldn't sign up).

However I wouldn't worry about it too much, you aren't really known for sticking to your word. Remember your original rebrand posts.......

People have heard of Swansea now. However, unfortunately for them, I think their new owners are a bit late to the party. My point though, is that I would still rather have them than what we currently have and that I think they have every right to have a dig, as our owner turned us into a joke.
    Would you prefer local fans as owners or foreign businessmen? The Jacks have the former despite telling us they'd never being a wealthy mans plaything, they've since become a wealthy mans plaything.

Blog Entries

Of course it's out of reach you, flounced for a few weeks and come back with a new identity (despite saying you wouldn't sign up).

However I wouldn't worry about it too much, you aren't really known for sticking to your word. Remember your original rebrand posts.......
    I'll name that tune in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    I used to think like you, during the 'red era', but last season I went to a pile of games and despite Russell's best efforts I still enjoyed watching the team.

The bitterness you insist on holding onto is borne from decisions made during a bygone era, we're a blue club once more, let it go clart, you're fuc king depressing.
    So, because you are happy with the way the club is being g run now, I can't voice any dissatisfaction. Great argument!

Hmmm, so people must stick by their first viewpoint? They are not allowed to change opinions when presented with real evidence?

Again, you are allowed to set the agenda I am not.

For 200m pounds (Sky TV plus Tan investment) have Cardiff improved significantly?
    Last edited by Badly Ironed Shirt; 24-07-16 at 08:02.

Would you prefer local fans as owners or foreign businessmen? The Jacks have the former despite telling us they'd never being a wealthy mans plaything, they've since become a wealthy mans plaything.
    Their fans may have said that. Not sure the owners did - but I am you have evidence to the contrary. Let's see it :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I'll name that tune in one.
    Hardly flounced - I was moving at the time and didn't sign up. Its true I did say I wasn't going to sign up, but I changed my mind. I also said I may join at a later date - but Trublue has distorted facts in a way to discredit any points I am making. Almost like a conspiracy theorist would.

So, from claiming I veered off target in the topic (as if that never happens) he has turned the thread with amazing dexterity. He's allowed to do it :D

Hmmm, so people must stick by their first viewpoint? They are not allowed to change opinions when presented with real evidence?

Again, you are allowed to set the agenda I am not.

For 200m pounds (Sky TV plus Tan investment) have Cardiff improved significantly?
    Yes.

So, because you are happy with the way the club is being g run now, I can't voice any dissatisfaction. Great argument!

In your case it's not about merely voicing dissatisfaction but constant negativity in an attempt to drag others down to your bitter level.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    In your case it's not about merely voicing dissatisfaction but constant negativity in an attempt to drag others down to your bitter level.
    True.

Pretty sure hes the poster who kept saying there will be no pro football in Cardiff within a few years.

Now we are heading towards being a debt free club he doesnt like it.

He hates the club. Give it time we will overtake the Jacks and bitterness will go to new levels.