+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jacks having a little dig

Re: Jacks having a little dig

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    How is it in the past when Cardiff City FC are skint? Like I said earlier, they should be one of the wealthiest clubs in the division. Why aren't they?
    Because of the stupid wages paid to overated players.End of it is history.

Blog Entries

Sorry - that reply was meant for Trublue. I am extremely chilled out because, in this "debate" the number of logical fallacies at play is beyhond calculation ;-)
    I will let you off this time then.

That is a logical fallacy in itself.

I guess you are absorbing yourself with TruBlue's history of my rebrand stance. The fact is that my initial comments were at a time when I believed that the story of the rebrand was not true - once the story became factual, I became quite serious about the subject.
    I read your posts myself. Those initial posts may be unfortunate for you now but they were very clear. To suggest you wrote something contrary to your views because you didn't believe you were posting about something real is a bizarre explanation to say the least.

I asked for a refund after the Huddersfield game. Of course, I have told you this, but you continue to spin it into something else. My refund was refused - that is the simple fact. The difference between me and the other posters you have mentioned (all of whom, incidentally, I have contacted and all of whom do not take issue with my initial reaction) is that I wanted to give the club (and in particular the fan base) one chance. I went to the Huddersfield game expecting some backlash - there was a flag "We bleed blue" that was taken down. After that, it was painfully obvious that I had made the wrong choice.
    Painfully obvious, perhaps, but it didn't stop you continuing to go down the City that season, did it?

One chance?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    One chance?
    Absolutely no idea what this question is. If I did know, I would answer it. I've asked a number of questions here - but instead of arguing the points raised, people are trying to discredit what I've posted since May 13th 2012 on the back of some things I posted when there was a crazy rumour flying around on May 10th. You might not like the explanation, but it was and is the truth.

Now, the questions I've asked - are they legitimate? Simple yes or no.

Absolutely no idea what this question is. If I did know, I would answer it. I've asked a number of questions here - but instead of arguing the points raised, people are trying to discredit what I've posted since May 13th 2012 on the back of some things I posted when there was a crazy rumour flying around on May 10th. You might not like the explanation, but it was and is the truth.

simple post on your own board.if not you are the most negative City fan i have heard .

Remember when these sorts of threads were happening every day.
    I guess most people have moved on or are just too bored of saying I told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Remember when these sorts of threads were happening every day.
    I guess most people have moved on or are just too bored of saying I told you so.
    Logical fallacy. Just because other people stop asking the questions it doesn't mean the issues are any less valid today than they were last week, last year or 4 years ago.

Why are Cardiff City so skint just a few years after a 200m windfall (Tan investment plus Sky money)?

"move on stop whining" isn't an answer.

[QUOTE=Badly Ironed Shirt;4652261]Logical fallacy. Just because other people stop asking the questions it doesn't mean the issues are any less valid today than they were last week, last year or 4 years ago.

Why are Cardiff City so skint just a few years after a 200m windfall (Tan investment plus Sky money)?

"move on stop whining" isn't an answer.[/QUOTE
    Or stop whining is the answer']

Logical fallacy. Just because other people stop asking the questions it doesn't mean the issues are any less valid today than they were last week, last year or 4 years ago.

"move on stop whining" isn't an answer.
    The question doesn't need answering though does it as we all know Tan is a twat Malky and Olly spunked the money away Tan then took any further parachute money to recoup some of his losses and stuck a boring twat in charge who was on a pound and hour, in doing so hundreds more fans got bored and jumped off the bandwagon.
    But if you want to keep going over old ground and blow smoke up the Jacks arse whenever you want crack on.

Painfully obvious, perhaps, but it didn't stop you continuing to go down the City that season, did it?

One chance?

One chance was from your post, which I quoted. You said you wanted to give the club one chance. What you actually did was keep going down for the whole season.

One chance was from your post, which I quoted. You said you wanted to give the club one chance. What you actually did was keep going down for the whole season.
    No, what I did was not waste £400 on one football game, and instead watched an additional 14 games - 15 over the season. I was expecting a season of protests, that wasn't going to happen. I asked for a refund, that didn't happen. I'm tight fisted, I can't waste £400 on one crap match. Tan had my money, my attendance (and erroneously my support) was recorded for all 23 games.

I still spend about £150-£200 a season watching football now. If I was taking the easy option - I would surely have renewed for the PL season right?

Why not? Soccer is a British word.

No, what I did was not waste £400 on one football game, and instead watched an additional 14 games - 15 over the season. I was expecting a season of protests, that wasn't going to happen. I asked for a refund, that didn't happen. I'm tight fisted, I can't waste £400 on one crap match. Tan had my money, my attendance (and erroneously my support) was recorded for all 23 games.

I still spend about £150-£200 a season watching football now. If I was taking the easy option - I would surely have renewed for the PL season right?
    Why did you say "no" and go on to agree that you carried on going for the rest of the season?

Dress it up and justify it however you want but try to understand this is why you're called a hypocrite.

So is this guy Loya Jirga then ?

If so he's got even worse ... Honestly thought he was the bizarre JB come pretend City fan Roath Magic.

Why the change of name - embarrassed about something?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I was referring to your original questions around why was anybody bothered about the colour of shirt. This was your intinctive, natural reaction and your militant anti-rebrand stance emerged quite a bit latter. You can perhaps understand that people are suspicious about such an astonishing u-turn and wonder if it's really just a contrived position to attract attention.
    I think you've put it perfectly. It's not about the rebrand for Jirga or whatever he's called this week, it's purely about the attention.

As you say, the posts were there for all to read, nothing to do with my interpretation of them. He's like the messageboard Comical Ali.

Sorry - that reply was meant for Trublue. I am extremely chilled out because, in this "debate" the number of logical fallacies at play is beyhond calculation ;-)

It wasn't really meant for me was it, you've referenced my username in the third person sense which you obviously wouldn't have done if it was meant for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    It wasn't really meant for me was it, you've referenced my username in the third person sense which you obviously wouldn't have done if it was meant for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I'm sure it'll be described as another one of my "fallacies".....

I think you've put it perfectly. It's not about the rebrand for Jirga or whatever he's called this week, it's purely about the attention.

As you say, the posts were there for all to read, nothing to do with my interpretation of them. He's like the messageboard Comical Ali.
    I've changed my username once - hardly a huge issue. And that was enforced because the e-mail address I used was old and it was easier to start again.

The posts were there for all to read - however, they have become distorted over time.

Some facts to fight the myths.

1) My first anti-Tan post was made on May 12th.
    2) On May 14th/15th I was blocked by Steve Borley for questioning the red or dead mantra
    3) I DID respond to a TLG thread saying it was all bollocks (May 11th) and, until it turned otherwise, I was treating the story with the same contempt that I treated the F1 story a few years previously, and the LFW wins the lottery story. See - internet hoaxes are quite common, is it unreasonable for me to think at the time that the story was a hoax? Nope.
    4) The issue was never about red shirts for me - it was about the owner playing the fan base and taking advantage of the fanbase. I believe even you accepted that explanation a while back - if Cardiff WERE playing in red/blue/black/pink today but were also paying respect to the fan base, were meeting the various promises (where's the new training ground?) then there is every chance I'd be down there watching them as soon as the season kicks off. The colour change symbolised the contempt that I feel (and I am entitled to an opinion, like it or not) Tan has for you, me, and everyone else as Cardiff City fans. His continued absence from games only accentuates that.

Since I am being likened to "Comical Ali" for actually answering questions truthfully (and admitting I am not perfect), let's put to bed some of the untruths you have posted in this thread - you post them with factual tones and people use these statements to have a go at me for raising questions about the mismanagement of Cardiff City, and the false promises that Tan reneged on and continues to renege on.

"Still supporting them then Jirg". The last Swansea game I went to was at the Liberty in February 2011. I am not a Swansea supporter, but labelling me as one appeals to the masses and kills any potential debate in its tracks.

"Flounced a few weeks ago...Saying you would never sign up". Nope - I said at the time I was moving home, so wouldn't be signing up. I didn't say I would "never" be signing up. But, again you state it as fact.

" but every thread about Swansea you turn into one about Tan, City, the rebrand " - completely exaggerated. There are many Swansea threads I haven't contributed to. This thread was about Cardiff's sensitive fan-base getting upset about the new Swansea owners poking fun of Tan's re-brand. Ergo, it was a thread ABOUT the rebrand. It was a thread ABOUT Tan. It was a thread where it was only natural to mention that Swansea - amongst about 89 other FL clubs (Leeds/MK Dons and Cardiff excluded) - are in a position to poke fun. That's right - if Accrington Stanley had new owners who said the same thing, I'd have posted exactly what I posted here.

"It's all about the attention for jirga". That's purely your opinion. It absolutely isn't the truth though. There are some things that need to stay on the radar for the club and its fans.

"The Jacks have the former despite telling us they'd never being a wealthy mans plaything, they've since become a wealthy mans plaything." - still no links on that claim. Seems there is a habit forming of you making unsubstantiated exaggerations and passing them off in a factual tone. Their fans may have said it - but fans don't sell clubs, owners do. If you have a link where a Swansea owner says they will never become a wealthy man's plaything, I'd be most interested to read it.

You can laugh off the "fallacy" thing all you like. It merely highlights the flaws in your "reasoned" arguing. I had similar personal swipes when I mentioned I packed in the Trust as well - again, the logical fallacies were listed to show that, instead of debating the points I raised in that thread, people preferred to name call. It's fine, I have no problem with it, but I'll defend myself (as I just have), and I'll continue to ask questions of the Cardiff owners when I see fit.

Now, you can take snippets of this post and conjure up another reason to try to poke fun at me - but I believe in the questions I raise, I believe that Tan needs to go, and I believe that the club would be better for it. They are my beliefs - I appreciate people will think differently, but I will keep asking the questions. And you can keep trying to make out that the questions are not valid off the back of some posts made 4 years ago.

Um, in reply to Mrs R's post "I'll name that tune in one"

I replied

"Hardly flounced - I was moving at the time and didn't sign up. Its true I did say I wasn't going to sign up, but I changed my mind. I also said I may join at a later date - but Trublue has distorted facts in a way to discredit any points I am making. Almost like a conspiracy theorist would."

Mrs R didn't say I flounced - so obviously I wouldn't need to explain the misconception to her would I?

Keep trying ;-) you'll get there eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    So is this guy Loya Jirga then ?

If so he's got even worse ... Honestly thought he was the bizarre JB come pretend City fan Roath Magic.

Why the change of name - embarrassed about something?
    Nope - Loya Jirga was assigned to an e-mail address that I no longer have access to. It was easier to set up a new account, nothing more complex than that - unless you're paranoid. As I said, most people worked it out in May/June when I was posting about the Trust. It's now July - so well done you ;-)

Embarrassed about anything? Nope. Maybe you can tell me what I have to be embarrassed about?

Why did you say "no" and go on to agree that you carried on going for the rest of the season?

Dress it up and justify it however you want but try to understand this is why you're called a hypocrite.
    Because I wasn't prepared to give Tan £400 for a single game. I still go to watch football these days - Merthyr, Yeovil, Bristol R and Newport - I don't support those clubs either. Am I a hypocrite when I walk into Rodney Parade? Or someone that likes watching football?

I've changed my username once - hardly a huge issue. And that was enforced because the e-mail address I used was old and it was easier to start again.

The posts were there for all to read - however, they have become distorted over time.

Some facts to fight the myths.

1) My first anti-Tan post was made on May 12th.
    2) On May 14th/15th I was blocked by Steve Borley for questioning the red or dead mantra
    3) I DID respond to a TLG thread saying it was all bollocks (May 11th) and, until it turned otherwise, I was treating the story with the same contempt that I treated the F1 story a few years previously, and the LFW wins the lottery story. See - internet hoaxes are quite common, is it unreasonable for me to think at the time that the story was a hoax? Nope.
    4) The issue was never about red shirts for me - it was about the owner playing the fan base and taking advantage of the fanbase. I believe even you accepted that explanation a while back - if Cardiff WERE playing in red/blue/black/pink today but were also paying respect to the fan base, were meeting the various promises (where's the new training ground?) then there is every chance I'd be down there watching them as soon as the season kicks off. The colour change symbolised the contempt that I feel (and I am entitled to an opinion, like it or not) Tan has for you, me, and everyone else as Cardiff City fans. His continued absence from games only accentuates that.

Since I am being likened to "Comical Ali" for actually answering questions truthfully (and admitting I am not perfect), let's put to bed some of the untruths you have posted in this thread - you post them with factual tones and people use these statements to have a go at me for raising questions about the mismanagement of Cardiff City, and the false promises that Tan reneged on and continues to renege on.

"Still supporting them then Jirg". The last Swansea game I went to was at the Liberty in February 2011. I am not a Swansea supporter, but labelling me as one appeals to the masses and kills any potential debate in its tracks.

"Flounced a few weeks ago...Saying you would never sign up". Nope - I said at the time I was moving home, so wouldn't be signing up. I didn't say I would "never" be signing up. But, again you state it as fact.

" but every thread about Swansea you turn into one about Tan, City, the rebrand " - completely exaggerated. There are many Swansea threads I haven't contributed to. This thread was about Cardiff's sensitive fan-base getting upset about the new Swansea owners poking fun of Tan's re-brand. Ergo, it was a thread ABOUT the rebrand. It was a thread ABOUT Tan. It was a thread where it was only natural to mention that Swansea - amongst about 89 other FL clubs (Leeds/MK Dons and Cardiff excluded) - are in a position to poke fun. That's right - if Accrington Stanley had new owners who said the same thing, I'd have posted exactly what I posted here.

"It's all about the attention for jirga". That's purely your opinion. It absolutely isn't the truth though. There are some things that need to stay on the radar for the club and its fans.

"The Jacks have the former despite telling us they'd never being a wealthy mans plaything, they've since become a wealthy mans plaything." - still no links on that claim. Seems there is a habit forming of you making unsubstantiated exaggerations and passing them off in a factual tone. Their fans may have said it - but fans don't sell clubs, owners do. If you have a link where a Swansea owner says they will never become a wealthy man's plaything, I'd be most interested to read it.

You can laugh off the "fallacy" thing all you like. It merely highlights the flaws in your "reasoned" arguing. I had similar personal swipes when I mentioned I packed in the Trust as well - again, the logical fallacies were listed to show that, instead of debating the points I raised in that thread, people preferred to name call. It's fine, I have no problem with it, but I'll defend myself (as I just have), and I'll continue to ask questions of the Cardiff owners when I see fit.

Now, you can take snippets of this post and conjure up another reason to try to poke fun at me - but I believe in the questions I raise, I believe that Tan needs to go, and I believe that the club would be better for it. They are my beliefs - I appreciate people will think differently, but I will keep asking the questions. And you can keep trying to make out that the questions are not valid off the back of some posts made 4 years ago.
    You don't appear as chilled out as you claimed in a previous post.

Um, in reply to Mrs R's post "I'll name that tune in one"

I replied

"Hardly flounced - I was moving at the time and didn't sign up. Its true I did say I wasn't going to sign up, but I changed my mind. I also said I may join at a later date - but Trublue has distorted facts in a way to discredit any points I am making. Almost like a conspiracy theorist would."

Mrs R didn't say I flounced - so obviously I wouldn't need to explain the misconception to her would I?

Keep trying ;-) you'll get there eventually.
    Comical Ali off again.....